The Entry Level Stax Thread
Dec 16, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #857 of 3,322
Just heard a couple of tracks from vildhjarta-måsstaden. Quite heavy stuff, yet not too heavy. Those guitars go pretty darn low.. Good production, seem to be quite nice, yet I'm not really sure my Sigma is up to all the layers and bassy guitars. 

Dec 17, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #859 of 3,322
The LS is usable. Ima sent in the 500 today

Dec 17, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #860 of 3,322
Anyone here that can tell me how to open up a stax driver?

Dec 21, 2013 at 6:59 AM Post #865 of 3,322
I am thinking that beating the drivers with my broken HE-500 might have a positive effect.

Dec 22, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #867 of 3,322
I have the Stax SR-507s and will get the Stax SRM-323 S.  I'm NEW at all this.  I have a late 2012 IMac 27 so will be using the "headphone out."

1.  Do I keep the unit on all the time or do I shut it off at the end of the day when I'm finished?

2.  Should I keep the volume low on my IMac when turning on the unit or would that not make a difference?

3.  Do I connect the RCA jacks to the left (white)  and right (red) input terminals?

4.  Can I keep the ear speakers continually plugged into the unit?

5.  If I have a damp head, can I be electrocuted when putting on the ear speakers connected to a live unit?

I plan on getting a DAC at a later time.

Please let me know if if would be more advantageous to post this in another section.

Any help would be APPRECIATED.

Dec 22, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #868 of 3,322
I have the Stax SR-507s and will get the Stax SRM-323 S.  I'm NEW at all this.  I have a late 2012 IMac 27 so will be using the "headphone out."

1.  Do I keep the unit on all the time or do I shut it off at the end of the day when I'm finished?

2.  Should I keep the volume low on my IMac when turning on the unit or would that not make a difference?

3.  Do I connect the RCA jacks to the left (white)  and right (red) input terminals?

4.  Can I keep the ear speakers continually plugged into the unit?

5.  If I have a damp head, can I be electrocuted when putting on the ear speakers connected to a live unit?

I plan on getting a DAC at a later time.

Please let me know if if would be more advantageous to post this in another section.

Any help would be APPRECIATED.

1. You can turn iff the unit when you don't use it. It can take a few minutes to warm up though for its best performance.

2. Typically you keep the volume on the source (iMac) on maximum for a bit-perfect signal going into the amp.

3. Yup. Left is white, right is red.

4. Yup. I just unplug mine after use so nobody trips on the cable or anything.

5. I's be safe and make sure your head is dry. I dunno what the consequences are when putting wet things near electrostatic speakers are, but it probably isn't good.

Dec 22, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #869 of 3,322
Hey all,
Unfortunately the headband assembly of my SR207's broke.  The STAXUSA replacement part is $150 dollars, which seems a bit steep for me.  I was wondering if there is any demand for stax SR 207s basic system with amp on ebay or other sites if they were to be sold without the headband assembly?

Thanks.

Dec 23, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #870 of 3,322
  Hey all,
Unfortunately the headband assembly of my SR207's broke.  The STAXUSA replacement part is $150 dollars, which seems a bit steep for me.  I was wondering if there is any demand for stax SR 207s basic system with amp on ebay or other sites if they were to be sold without the headband assembly?

Thanks.

You could probably get a replecement headband for significantly cheaper form Stax Japan if you go through a middleman. Even with middleman fees, I can't imagine it being $150.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back