The Emm Labs XDS1 is available!
Nov 13, 2009 at 5:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

omigawsh_lollercoaster

100+ Head-Fier
:spiral eyes: uhhhggg... *clunk*

(that's me getting the vapors and passing out)
wink.gif

EMM Labs - XDS1 Reference CD and SACD Player

Now where to scrape up $25K?
normal_smile .gif

Nov 13, 2009 at 6:55 PM Post #2 of 28
about 1 1/2 ago, i read some posts on an audio forum about emm labs making a cd player with an esoteric transport. i guess they were right. the player looks nice, but the price is beyond most people's means.

Nov 13, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #3 of 28
Great looking player!
smile.gif

The price tag make it unreachable for most people though.

Nov 13, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #4 of 28
$25k? Hmmm. I have enough in savings to buy that.

On Tuesday, I was nosing around a duplex that should list around $70k and generate about $1,200 a month in revenue.

I'd rather put $25k down on the duplex because it will generate money for decades, comes with tax deductions and can be sold for what I paid for it.

As soon as someone develops a five figure piece of equipment that generates money, I'll be the first in line.

Let's look at the numbers 20 years out.

Assuming rents stay the same, 240 months at $1,200 is $288,000. Even if you cut that in half for taxes and maintenance and deduct the balance of the purchase price, I'd still be about $100k ahead.

In 20 years, the Emm Labs might fetch $500 or $1,000, assuming it still works and assuming that anyone still uses physical discs instead of some überserver with far, far better circuits than this thing has.

Nov 14, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #6 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
about 1 1/2 ago, i read some posts on an audio forum about emm labs making a cd player with an esoteric transport. i guess they were right. the player looks nice, but the price is beyond most people's means.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great looking player!
smile.gif

The price tag make in unreachable for most people though.

x2

Nov 14, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #7 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

On Tuesday, I was nosing around a duplex that should list around $70k and generate about $1,200 a month in revenue.

I'd rather put $25k down on the duplex because it will generate money for decades, comes with tax deductions and can be sold for what I paid for it.

As soon as someone develops a five figure piece of equipment that generates money, I'll be the first in line.

Assuming rents stay the same, 240 months at $1,200 is $288,000. Even if you cut that in half for taxes and maintenance and deduct the balance of the purchase price, I'd still be about $100k ahead.

In 20 years, the Emm Labs might fetch $500 or $1,000, assuming it still works and assuming that anyone still uses physical discs instead of some überserver with far, far better circuits than this thing has.

Wise thinking young man. I'd love to have one of these but it's just not prudent ATM

Nov 24, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #9 of 28
Quote:

A 20% rental yield is pretty phenomenol. If your numbers are right, you should lever your $25K to buy three of those.

Nov 24, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #11 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by brat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it playing mp3 ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emm Labs
Hook a digital audio or video source to the XDS1 - computer, music server, MP3 player or whatever you like - MFAST ensures that you'll enjoy pristine sonic clarity no matter what the source.

normal_smile .gif

Nov 24, 2009 at 6:35 PM Post #12 of 28
Quote:

Those who are within the targeted market have much simpler calculation: Pure sonic bliss = priceless
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back