The earphone game just got a lot more SIRIUS. The new five driver hybrid flagship from Fidue
Aug 5, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #377 of 631
Anybody able to compare the sirius with original zeus?

the Zeus is much more "dynamic" sounding to me, everything hits with so much power and it has better clarity in high end IMO.

Sirius is in comparison, more laid back and has a less refined and lush midrange.

here are some bonus pictures for everyone

6fed4c59482babed39cb870086ac27d4.jpg
b8216bb61366b89d088c2be3308ce89c.jpg
11d2b9601164abdce52769c108a65388.jpg

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Aug 5, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #378 of 631
the Zeus is much more "dynamic" sounding to me, everything hits with so much power and it has better clarity in high end IMO.

Sirius is in comparison, more laid back and has a less refined and lush midrange.

thanks, sirous is awesome looking!

Aug 5, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #379 of 631

Nice never seek before has someone taken detailed photos

Aug 5, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #380 of 631

agree on zeus comparison but price to performance

Aug 5, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #381 of 631
agree on zeus comparison but price to performance
ye I totally get that aspect to this hobby. However, since someone mentioned the sirius sounding like a $1500+ TOTL IEM, seeming as they are both mid focused, or so I've read, I would deem it to be fair comparison, maybe just me though lol

Aug 5, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #382 of 631
ye I totally get that aspect to this hobby. However, since someone mentioned the sirius sounding like a $1500+ TOTL IEM, seeming as they are both mid focused, or so I've read, I would deem it to be fair comparison, maybe just me though lol

maybe i did not state the currency lol 1500 sgd
tongue.gif

Aug 5, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #384 of 631
is that singapore dollar? Haha, I couldn't remember who mentioned it, and Im from the UK so my currency is different again lol

yeap. i mentioned it. 1500 pounds is still not even close to Obravo asking price for their top iem

Aug 5, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #386 of 631
Honestly, I think Sirius offers a lot of value. Its accessories and looks are high quality, and the sound is very competitive in its price tier. Sure I had some critique, but I find something to critique on much more expensive iems as well. I thought all the reviews after mine would be 5 star, kind of surprised to see it's ending up as 4+.

Aug 5, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #387 of 631
Honestly, I think Sirius offers a lot of value. Its accessories and looks are high quality, and the sound is very competitive in its price tier. Sure I had some critique, but I find something to critique on much more expensive iems as well. I thought all the reviews after mine would be 5 star, kind of surprised to see it's ending up as 4+.
+1, I thought for sure there would be some five star reviews.

I think the heavy cable and tricky fit/seal are creating mixed impressions based on what I've read so far. Some reports are coming in of them being bright, while I didn't hear that much at all. The treble response on my Sirius are smooth while still extended.

Aug 5, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #388 of 631
I found after-market tips to make a noticeable to larger difference when it comes down to tonality - with the (sup-par fitting but sealing stock tips), I hear the treble as being a little on the brighter side whereas with most (not all though) non-stock tips, the highs became either less present or less even/coherent. So far, I prefer the sound of the stock tips (best evenness and coherency in the upper range for me).
All I just wish for is one larger single-flange tip size (mainly because the largest size is not really that large and could cause comfort problems for people with large ears and ear canals as a deeper fit is required to get a seal but then the housings might cut into the ears) so that people with large ears and ear canals can get a good fit and seal at shallow insertion depth, and probably two sizes of bi-flange tips that could be expected too given the price range and large shells/short nozzles.

I have forwarded my suggestion regarding tips and really hope that they will add both an even larger size of single-flange silicone tips as well as bi-flange silicone tips for all who prefer those. Imho, comfort could be greatly improved as a shallow fit with a good seal would be easier to achieve.

Sound-wise, the Sirius is stellar at where it is placed and what it does. Not only objectively but also subjectively I find it to be a really good hybrid in-ear (finding an IEM/headphone objectively great does not automatically mean that it also suits my personal preferences - the W4R as well as SE846 for example are IEMs I occasionally use for "special needs/requirements" but don't find them to be good all-rounders whereas I think the Sirius has got a really good all-round signature that has a great balance between a balanced, musical and fun sound).
The design (read: functionality and not visual design, as it is super s@xy) however has some room for improvements, and I think adding a better tip size selection as well as different types of tips might highly improve comfort for many people (for example, the Logitech UE900S comes with a really good tip selection - there are others of course, but this one is the first that comes into my mind when it is about a good selection of differently sized etc. tips).

Random related fact: when using the Oriveti Primacy tips with the Sirius, treble got a bit darker but what I noticed most is how the soundstage changed - in stock form (using the stock tips obviously), it is large and immersive but realistic. With the Primacy's silicone tips however, I found the stage to become quite a bit larger and HD 800-esque in terms of projection (a good amount of more width in relation to spatial depth).

Aug 5, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #389 of 631

+1, I thought for sure there would be some five star reviews.

I think the heavy cable and tricky fit/seal are creating mixed impressions based on what I've read so far. Some reports are coming in of them being bright, while I didn't hear that much at all. The treble response on my Sirius are smooth while still extended.

As I'm putting more hours on Sirius, while testing/comparing to other IEMs/CIEMs during my reviews, I actually decided to bump the rating from 4 to 4.5 stars (just updated my review).  Just thinking about how it stacks up against other 4.5 and 5 star rated monitors, these definitely deserve at least 4.5 stars.  And for the record, I hate star rating
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back