The Donut Factor
Oct 15, 2002 at 6:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Czilla9000

10 Year Member. Still no custom title.
This is the second part of my 'factor' series (it started with my "The Cable Factor" which erupted, sadly, into a slug fest, hopefully the same won't happen here
evil_smiley.gif
.)

I was looking at the "Krispy Cream" thread in the members lounge and I noticed a startiling trend: People who perfer Sennheiser's like Krispy Creams, while people who enjoy Dunkin Donuts more tend to enjoy Grados more.

Yes - I know it sounds far fetched, but my little screwed up mind finds this stuff cool.

Observe (there are exceptions):

Beagle: A RS1 lover who finds Krispy Cream donuts "fat/sugar/cholesterol garbage".

lextek: Owns a pair of HD-600s - finds glazed Krispy Cream Donuts "awesome".

akar: Owns some senns, loves Krispy Creams.

etc... (this is a work in progress

evil_smiley.gif
)

I think this is because Sennheiser people like the "laid-back and smooth" taste of the Krispy Creams
very_evil_smiley.gif
, while Grado people enjoy the "fuller larger, more wholesome" Dunkins.

Coinsidence, or fact.

You decide
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 15, 2002 at 9:34 AM Post #4 of 17
Have both (phones)
Hate both (confectionery)

Oct 15, 2002 at 4:15 PM Post #6 of 17
Sorry to throw a wrench into your theory, but I prefer Krispy Kreams and I love my Grado 325's.

Oct 15, 2002 at 10:49 PM Post #7 of 17
LMAO @ this thread. Have you consitered the likes of beyer fans? How about ety worshippers? Perhaps you need to add bagles and jelly to your lists
wink.gif

Oct 15, 2002 at 11:31 PM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by Czilla9000 I noticed a startiling trend: People who perfer Sennheiser's like Krispy Creams, while people who enjoy Dunkin Donuts more tend to enjoy Grados more.

Sorry to throw a wrench in your theory, but I like Senns and don't really like Krispy Kremes
wink.gif

Oct 16, 2002 at 8:00 PM Post #12 of 17
I'm a Dunkin' Donuts guy, and (of the two) a Sennheiser guy. Sorry, seems like you didn't take a large enough statistical sample -- I recommend a poll.

Outside of the two choices mentioned in the original "donut factor" post, I am a Beyer/Audio Technica guy, and a Wall's Bakery Eclair guy. What does that do (besides add additional dimensions to your one-dimensional scale) to your "donut factor"?

Oct 16, 2002 at 8:10 PM Post #13 of 17
I've been doing Weight Watchers, and have cut out donuts completely. I took my budget for donuts, and diverted it to headphone equipment.

I've dropped over 100 pounds. That donut budget freed up a LOT of money for headphones and amps...
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 16, 2002 at 8:37 PM Post #14 of 17
Ety users are picky.
When they are in our ears we like donuts.
Whey they not in: bring on the krispy stuff
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back