THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Sep 22, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #2,164 of 3,874
Amazing work on all of these stands.  Is there a definitive conclusion regarding whether or not ear cups should be supported or simply hang?  I would enjoy hearing opinions since I just bought a slew of walnut to begin a project to build stands to accommodate four pairs of cans.

Anyone?

thanks!

Sep 22, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #2,165 of 3,874
Since I have all copper tube stands, mine just hang from the headband with the cups just resting as they lie.

Sep 22, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #2,166 of 3,874
Is there any concern that the headband assembly would lose any "elasticity/bounce/plasticity" or its shape or . . . ?

Not just Mshenay, but anyone else.

Is there any concern that earpads would get permanently compressed or lose their comfort or for some cans, their seal or ability to seal if the cans a supported like on omega stands or similar designs?

thank you again for taking the time to respond.

Sep 22, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #2,167 of 3,874
  Is there any concern that the headband assembly would lose any "elasticity/bounce/plasticity" or its shape or . . . ?

Not just Mshenay, but anyone else.

Is there any concern that earpads would get permanently compressed or lose their comfort or for some cans, their seal or ability to seal if the cans a supported like on omega stands or similar designs?

thank you again for taking the time to respond.

well Beyer pads [imo] get better with time, but my other headphones hang free, in addition the Woo Wudio stand  got is a hanging style, so I guess the head band should be fine under the weight of the cups if anything it might be more clamp hanging free, and if you stretch it out like on the Omega it would loose some clamp maybe [like over years]

but I mean worse comes to worse I doubt it would b anything obious 

Sep 26, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #2,168 of 3,874
  for TheOtus:

Sunday Morning
Time for the
Tap Handle of the week"
headphone stand…

Thank you, and seriously, I'm not joking, purple happens to be my favorite colour. = ) Next, go and make A DIY HEADPHONE STAND!

Sep 27, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #2,170 of 3,874
  I love the tap handle stands...

Thanks, vixr.

I have fun using a different DIY tap handle headphone stand every week for my various headphones.   It's a nice change, and it allows me to enjoy the collection.  I mean, after all, why have only one DIY stand, when you can have many?

Hopefully, it gives some headfi'ers ideas on some DIY stands they can make/utilize with collections of their own.  That's the beauty of this thread - it gives everyone ideas based on everyone else's DIY's.  Geez...I also have a vast license plate collection...perhaps I can bend a few into a DIY headphone stand....and then, perhaps combine it somehow with a tap handle!  Given the number of handles and plates that I have, that could give me a couple of years of new DIY stands.

I've had a couple of other headfi'ers stating that, based on my stands,  they want to get some tap handle stands for their man caves... 

Sep 27, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #2,172 of 3,874
Sep 27, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #2,173 of 3,874
Ditto. Keep them coming and ignore the other guy.

+1 as well,

also I just built a Woo Audio Headphone stand <3 does that count as a DIY xD [it does look nice though, will be great for my review pictures] 

Sep 27, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #2,174 of 3,874

+1 as well,

also I just built a Woo Audio Headphone stand <3 does that count as a DIY xD [it does look nice though, will be great for my review pictures]

I know this is a DIY thread.. but.. I really do love the Woo Audio stands myself.. can you just.. post a pic real quick. Cans on/off.

PLUS.. it'll make Francis happy. :)

Sep 27, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #2,175 of 3,874

I know this is a DIY thread.. but.. I really do love the Woo Audio stands myself.. can you just.. post a pic real quick. Cans on/off.

PLUS.. it'll make Francis happy. :)

I need to get to bed like NOW. WIll do tommorow :3 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back