THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Dec 19, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #3,737 of 3,874
This is a headphone rack I built out of solid copper and quartered oak to accompany a Bottlehead Crack I made, steampunk style. I gave all copper a blue patina and converted some closed headphones into high impedance semi-open headphones as well.

Best looking crack i have ever seen. That is a piece of art.

Dec 19, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #3,739 of 3,874
You are most kind, I made one with carbon fiber for my son, and I am in the middle of a third and fourth build but only one qualifies as a true Crack. This has little to do with headphone stands, sorry for going off topic. IMG_2210.JPG IMG_2243.JPG

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2018 at 7:58 PM Post #3,740 of 3,874
I've admired this thread for years and it's finally time to compile my headphone stands as I just made two more. So here are some pictures of my DIY stands and how I have them displayed.

I guess I'll start with my mod of the headphone stand by @Suraki I made this a couple years ago to keep the wires of my el-8 from touching the base & threw in a laser-etched nameplate. It has LED edge-lighting:
HPStand-3.jpg
HPStand-4.jpg HPStand-5.jpg

My second stand was made out of a paper towel holder I bent at the top:
HPStand-8.jpg HPStand-9.jpg

The third stand I made was created out of the base of a broken desk lamp, some aluminum tube, copper pipe and the leftover LED's from the first stand:
HPStand-10.jpg HPStand-11.jpg

And that leaves my latest stand, which I made two of for about $20 total with parts from IKEA and some aluminum tube. I really like the simplicity of these:
HPStand-6.jpg HPStand-7.jpg

And all of them in my new IKEA display cabinet ($60)
HPStand-1.jpg
HPStand-2.jpg

Jan 18, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #3,741 of 3,874
I've admired this thread for years and it's finally time to compile my headphone stands as I just made two more. So here are some pictures of my DIY stands and how I have them displayed.

I guess I'll start with my mod of the headphone stand by @Suraki I made this a couple years ago to keep the wires of my el-8 from touching the base & threw in a laser-etched nameplate. It has LED edge-lighting:

My second stand was made out of a paper towel holder I bent at the top:

The third stand I made was created out of the base of a broken desk lamp, some aluminum tube, copper pipe and the leftover LED's from the first stand:

And that leaves my latest stand, which I made two of for about $20 total with parts from IKEA and some aluminum tube. I really like the simplicity of these:

And all of them in my new IKEA display cabinet ($60)

Hey! Great stands (and headphones btw!). Your "paper towel" stand looks so much better than mine's! Did you spray any finish on it?

Jan 18, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #3,742 of 3,874
IMG_20180118_003922.jpg
been using the old Creative Cambridge Soundworks satellite as a stand since the Grado's headband fits nicely. :beyersmile:

Feb 17, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #3,747 of 3,874
Apr 1, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #3,748 of 3,874
IMG_2547.JPG IMG_2544.JPG IMG_2545.JPG IMG_2546.JPG This is a rack I made to match a steampunk crack amp, I just incorporated an edison light bulb and hand crafted a wire protective cage. Eventually I will add a patina to it to match other copper work. it is a little tough to photograph when lit.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #3,750 of 3,874
setup - Copy.jpg Thanks, here is the end result. I also assembled a cabinet by Sauder and they provided more shelves for amps etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back