THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Feb 24, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #3,571 of 3,874
  A beautiful piece of wood with a plumbing pipes?

It's actually quite common with decor. The plumbing pipe look gives it an "industrial" feel. People are Even doing it with dining tables!!

I deal with plumbing pipes day in day out i guess i'am just tired looking at them.

Yeah I used to be a plumber for the union I understand. Nowadays a lot of furniture has this and gives a modern industrial twist like jb said. 

Feb 29, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #3,573 of 3,874
Yet another obligatory pipe stand post... put this together with my boys... no plans; just let it flow and that's what came out.

Honestly not as easy as it looks. Once you thread through, there is no going back or you lose friction so you have to sort of think a few steps ahead.

Mar 1, 2016 at 2:28 AM Post #3,574 of 3,874
  Yet another obligatory pipe stand post... put this together with my boys... no plans; just let it flow and that's what came out.

Honestly not as easy as it looks. Once you thread through, there is no going back or you lose friction so you have to sort of think a few steps ahead.

You can buy pre-threaded nipples! 

Mar 9, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #3,576 of 3,874
@ chewbroccoli

You could make it even more robust if you coated it with paper/PVA and let it harden. Then mix water based paint with PVA and coat it again. That would give it a really tough shell, make it sturdy too. Just a suggestion. :)

Mar 15, 2016 at 6:21 AM Post #3,577 of 3,874
@ rhino73

I considered doing something like that or paper mache or something. I need to make another one for headphones at my work desk, I might try something like that out for that one. I also thought of cutting up a cheap yoga mat from decathlon (they're like 2 euros) and putting that along the outside so the headphones are sitting on something nice and soft.

I made a quick instructable that has the pdf templates I used for it too if anyone is interested: http://www.instructables.com/id/Stacked-Cardboard-Headphone-Stand/

Mar 20, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #3,579 of 3,874
Adjustable top and adjustable cable wrap:

Mar 20, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #3,580 of 3,874
That might be my favorite thing yet! I love it!

Mar 28, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #3,581 of 3,874
Some simple stands I made out of scrap lumber and plumbing parts.  Simple and cheap but functional.  The foam pipe insulation is ideal for cradling the headband without leaving and indentation as the foam is generally softer than the headphone padding.

Dimensions: 5" x 7" x 13" high

Dimensions: 5 1/2" x 6" x 16" high.

The copper tubing stand was painted with hammered bronze.  I am thinking of making up a bunch of the oak stands for friends.  May add a hanger on back for the cable.  I can get oak and parts for under $5.00 each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back