THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Sep 24, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #3,467 of 3,874
Put this together this week. Took about 15 minutes to do the work, the rest was spent waiting for paint and stain to dry. I'm going to be wrapping the top bar in paracord soon, but it looks pretty snazzy for being $20 worth of PVC and some scrap wood.

Sep 25, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #3,468 of 3,874
  Put this together this week. Took about 15 minutes to do the work, the rest was spent waiting for paint and stain to dry. I'm going to be wrapping the top bar in paracord soon, but it looks pretty snazzy for being $20 worth of PVC and some scrap wood.

Good multi storage. How is the Torpedo working out for you?

Sep 25, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #3,469 of 3,874
  Good multi storage. How is the Torpedo working out for you?

I think it's excellent. Granted, it's the only headphone amp I've owned besides a portable cMoy, but it drives my Q701s effortlessly.

Oct 7, 2015 at 5:41 AM Post #3,474 of 3,874
  My simple and elegant Headphone stand !! :)

-snip-

Wow, the craftsmanship on this is amazing! Are those genuine Staedler clips?
tongue.gif

Oct 14, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #3,477 of 3,874
Nice Jamie! You sure find some beautiful boards.

Oct 27, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #3,478 of 3,874
Nice Jamie! You sure find some beautiful boards.

Hey Eric thanks here are a couple of other ideas  that I have been messing about with including one which was inspired by your headfi station I remembered you posted ages ago below.

Those headphone hangers I thought would look neat out of carbon fibre for putting on the sides of cabinets desks or even straight on the wall.

So here is the result carbon fibre heaphone hangers

The nice thing is the chrome plated end caps are removable which allows for a bit of personalization of the stand with badges buttons beer bottle tops etc Enamel badges are my own favourites

I'm also going to try listing a few carbon fibre stand frames on ebay as well for the diyers some nice base options can be found at diy and home discount stores things like bamboo chopping boards, granite trivets or tiles are perfect. At my local diy store they do a Oak sample piece of solid oak flooring for £3 and its a perfect size! They have also got a super selection of different marble and granite sample tiles for a little extra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back