THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Nov 19, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #3,663 of 3,874
I found this one on gearbest if youre still looking. It's not the nicest looking thing in the world, but I think I'm going to copy the concept for my own design at least.

I saw this one too. Pretty cool idea.
But, if I were to remake it, I wouldn't have single poles for winding the cable.
Instead I would try to design a way of winding the cables in a figure of eight around two small poles.
This will almost guarantee a tangle-free cable when taking it off the stand. 

Nov 19, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #3,664 of 3,874
I saw this one too. Pretty cool idea.
But, if I were to remake it, I wouldn't have single poles for winding the cable.
Instead I would try to design a way of winding the cables in a figure of eight around two small poles.
This will almost guarantee a tangle-free cable when taking it off the stand. 

I was thinking the same, the bit that I was more concerned about when making something like this would be the grooves that the IEMs are fitted in, but this seems to be working rather well. I'll probably make something like it that can be hanged on a wall, and now that you mentioned it I will use two poles for the cables :wink:

Nov 23, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #3,665 of 3,874
  Here are some more variations on the Ikea headphone stand.

I found this interesting shaped cutting board at Ikea and it makes a nice base.

All ikea parts (except for a few bolts. I will use the larger round post in the back for extra cables.

My latest invention: the 4 post stand! I'm going to get a few 9" square cutting boards and a lazy susan to replace the base.

Interesting, how did you get the metal bolts attached to the metal "hangers"? Drilling? Or is it like that by design?

Nov 23, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #3,666 of 3,874

Here are some more variations on the Ikea headphone stand.

I found this interesting shaped cutting board at Ikea and it makes a nice base.

All ikea parts (except for a few bolts. I will use the larger round post in the back for extra cables.

My latest invention: the 4 post stand! I'm going to get a few 9" square cutting boards and a lazy susan to replace the base.

Interesting, how did you get the metal bolts attached to the metal "hangers"? Drilling? Or is it like that by design?

Drilled a hole and purchase some 1/2" bolts from the local hardware store.

Dec 10, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #3,668 of 3,874
I've had an old 4" x 6" piece of pitchy pine laying around for years.  Always thought I'd use it for a project some day, and finally decided to cut a piece off and make a headphone rack.

It attaches to the shelf above it.  Not fancy, but it works.

Dec 20, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #3,669 of 3,874
these all look great.

A few times I've seen these white styrofoam mannequin heads at a local shop and liked the idea of getting one and painting it up to look like a zombie or something and using as a headphone stand.

Dec 21, 2016 at 6:05 AM Post #3,670 of 3,874
  I've had an old 4" x 6" piece of pitchy pine laying around for years.  Always thought I'd use it for a project some day, and finally decided to cut a piece off and make a headphone rack.

It attaches to the shelf above it.  Not fancy, but it works.

Wow. That earpads look huge... Is it HM5 angled velour earpad on HE500?

Jan 30, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #3,675 of 3,874

That's a great idea.

Great idea? Imagine how "irritating" it is to wind those IEM cables around those tiny sticks and how it will make cables like "springs" when You start to use them. 
Imho, not a good and thought-through practical idea
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back