Quote:
Those Tenores look sexy!
wink.gif

They sound sexy too.  

Jun 11, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #10,683 of 99,662
They sound sexy too.  

Glad you like them.

Will be waiting on your impressions + Basso comparison. :wink:

Try and play some Trance through them mate, you'll be amazed.

Just the beginning of my latest mix from here will do: http://mixcloud.com/liftedandreas

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #10,686 of 99,662
Jun 11, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #10,687 of 99,662
Jun 11, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #10,688 of 99,662
Quote:

I hadn't really read about the VC02's until just now. It's hard to ignore a 10 value rating from |joker|, that's for sure! So yeah, someone bring on the comparison to the Tenores! Or the VSD1's for that matter.

Well, that's just what all the sub-$100 vsonics have in common - a 10 value rating. It's not just the vc02. Do you wanna bet what will be the VSD1 value rating?

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #10,689 of 99,662
Quote:
Well, that's just what all the sub-$100 vsonics have in common - a 10 value rating. It's not just the vc02. Do you wanna bet what will be the VSD1 value rating?

I'm gonna go with 10.1 (I remember now that you like the vsd1's more than the vc02's!).

Jun 11, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #10,690 of 99,662
Some initial impressions:

CKS77X has a huge sound.  Stage is ultra deep, I mean ultra deep.  It might give the CKS1000's a run for its money in this department.  Unfortunately, that's about it for comparisons with the flagship.  Bass is monstrous and loose.  I don't remember the CKS77's being this big but it's been awhile since I heard those.  Bass has good mix of sub-bass and mid-bass and it vibrates the eardrums with bass heavy music.  Even on music without big bass, these things bring out the bass.  I honestly can't remember the last basshead earphone with this much crazy bass.  Thankfully the midrange doesn't suffer from the bass.  Like the new generation AT's, the vocals are very present and it doesn't get very sibilant.  Treble has some peaks but nothing bothersome.  There's plenty of sparkle and sounds quite excellent.  These things are gonna need some burn-in so the bass calms down and the treble smoothes out.  

Zero Audio Tenores sound smooth right out of the box like the Basso's.  Stage is wide and deep, nice surround sound effect but less than the Basso's.  Bass is punchy and reaches almost as deep as the Basso's but less in quantity.  Tenore's do have punchier bass.  Midrange is close call but the Basso's are slightly more forward sounding to me but the Tenore's are smoother.  I think the less space makes the Tenore's more intimate sounding.  Treble sounds pretty much the same also but the bigger stage of the Basso's allows for better instrument separation.  It seems they are basically tuned the same for the most part but the Basso's bigger housing and bigger driver allows for more air and bigger bass.  Both earphones are balanced nicely but the Tenore's are more intimate and doesn't have as big of a "wow" factor as the Basso's.  

I'll report back on both after some burn.  

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #10,691 of 99,662
Good stuff Danny!

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #10,692 of 99,662
Nice Danny.. You know as good as these Zero Audios are I can't wait to try them new dual BA phones that will be coming out. As per the CKS77X. It is going to be an interesting comparo against the older CKS77, XB90EX, CKS1000..

I was mentioning to Danny here that it is interesting to me that the CKS77X is using pretty much the same design of the older CKS77s. A single air chamber but a big one. One aspect of the CKS77 I love is how deep they sound..It will be interesting to hear how they turn out after burn in. If the bass tightens out and treble smooths out those should be very nice..I look forward to my girly white pair.

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #10,693 of 99,662
Jun 12, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #10,694 of 99,662
Quote:
Some initial impressions:

CKS77X has a huge sound.  Stage is ultra deep, I mean ultra deep.  It might give the CKS1000's a run for its money in this department.  Unfortunately, that's about it for comparisons with the flagship.  Bass is monstrous and loose.  I don't remember the CKS77's being this big but it's been awhile since I heard those.  Bass has good mix of sub-bass and mid-bass and it vibrates the eardrums with bass heavy music.  Even on music without big bass, these things bring out the bass.  I honestly can't remember the last basshead earphone with this much crazy bass.  Thankfully the midrange doesn't suffer from the bass.  Like the new generation AT's, the vocals are very present and it doesn't get very sibilant.  Treble has some peaks but nothing bothersome.  There's plenty of sparkle and sounds quite excellent.  These things are gonna need some burn-in so the bass calms down and the treble smoothes out.  

Already sounding like a nice one to me.
tongue_smile.gif

Anyhwo can't wait for your take on the corecools and how they compare to the ZAs and the 77Xs.

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #10,695 of 99,662
You guys will be interested on the OTHER item I am getting as well. Which I will disclose when they get the treatment..It is not what you guys are thinking I am getting..A super duper secret item. A first for the discovery thread. Oooo. What could it be...??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back