The discovery thread!
Jun 8, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #10,606 of 99,753
Quote Da Nuts:
Ok so I was trying to be disciplined. But I have a weakness for new AT gears. I got my White CKS77X on order as well as my new. ????.......Will be a surprise.

So, 2 new toys headed your way?
Quote Troll Student:
Ds ain't gots that box SWAG!!!
ksc75smile.gif
Oh man we got our resident trance DJ, resident troll, resident hype man and now the resident spam, we only need the resident twinkie to post now to complete this perfection.

let me guess, the 385s??? LMAO Can it be the SZzzzzz.
eek.gif
triportsad.gif

cool.gif
 almost there. Except he won't be coming back for some time.

Jun 8, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #10,607 of 99,753
Quote:
You've got me so hyped!!!! I have 2 more questions for you D's: do they come with a case? Also I struggle getting the FXZ200s tips to seal in my right ear. Is it possible I'll have the same problem with these? If they are anything like the CKN70s tips then I'll be fine, those are my favorite tips of all time.

Aha forgot to tell you. Take a look at what you get. 2 extension cables though I have never used that micd cable.

Lol I just realized these white ones look kinda. Girly.. I will be changing out the tips anyhow make them look more manly. Probably to Senn Double flange tips.

Jun 9, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #10,610 of 99,753
Quote:
So how well does the CKS1000 isolate? 

Isolation is average..They don't leak much sound out but sound in is about average for isolation. But with some music playing outside noise is gone.. As big as these earphones are you would think isolation would be better. They have much space in them chambers which don't seem to block out as much sound as they should I think using some complys might give some better isolation however.

Jun 9, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #10,611 of 99,753
Quote:
Has anyone ever tried the SOMiC MH407? Or even heard of it? 
I guess it's a dual balanced armature IEM that shares the same housing as the MEElec A161. DX has them for $60 right now.

http://dx.com/p/somic-mh407-in-ear-balanced-armature-earphone-for-iphone-ipad-ipod-mp3-golden-202655

Nah, i think they mean 2 BAs total, meaning one per side, but I could be wrong. I remember seeing these linked a while ago but I guess no one has volunteered to be the guinea pig for these yet.
biggrin.gif

Jun 9, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #10,612 of 99,753
Quote:
Aha forgot to tell you. Take a look at what you get. 2 extension cables though I have never used that micd cable.

Lol I just realized these white ones look kinda. Girly.. I will be changing out the tips anyhow make them look more manly. Probably to Senn Double flange tips.

The come with a mic'd cable?! :D Wow... I really gotta get these.

Jun 9, 2013 at 4:02 AM Post #10,613 of 99,753
So I just downloaded Noozxoide an dI have no idea if it's working or not. Does the program always run in the background or is there a specific way to start it? Honestly, I think it's already working because my music sounds better, but maybe I'm just crazy...

Jun 9, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #10,615 of 99,753
If you guys don't know. Lifted here is quite the mix a lot Dj. His trance mixes are some of the best I have heard.. Take a listen or download his stuff on his links. I like to call him our own resident trance DJ. We are spoiled like that Lol.

+1. The man's got talent, and he is responsible for my new found addiction to trance!
:beerchug:

Aww, you guys! :p

@wayne Don't worry mate, my mixes have that effect on people. It's only coz they are created with love and passion for the Trance genre.

Thanks so much for the kind words. All I can say now to the new readers of this thread... check my mixes out here:
http://mixcloud.com/liftedandreas

As recommended by Dsnuts and waynes world. :D

PS. Maybe that can go in the OP as well.

Jun 9, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #10,616 of 99,753
So I just downloaded Noozxoide an dI have no idea if it's working or not. Does the program always run in the background or is there a specific way to start it? Honestly, I think it's already working because my music sounds better, but maybe I'm just crazy...

You should have the app in your app drawer now.

Open it and you'll see the options that you can configure. :wink:

Jun 9, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #10,617 of 99,753
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, which is probably why I'll be going with the PFE 122. They've been getting some decent reviews.

Forget about that you need to hunt down your brother and take back those 385s so i get to audition them against my corecools. LoL

Originally Posted by esteebin 

http://gizmodo.com/this-haswell-packing-gaming-laptop-is-your-deal-of-the-511671388

Scroll down to Audio section:

Sound Earphones selling the (soon to be) discontinued Phonak Audeo 132 ($100) and 122 ($80) using the code DEALZMODO for $100 off

Not sure how long this discount will be available, but they are a very good buy at these prices from what I read. They are going to be discontinued from what I see in the iem/portable deals alert thread. Bought a pair Friday night.

Jun 9, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #10,618 of 99,753
OK, now the question, burning on the minds of millions, is....CKS1000 vs CKS77x!!!!!

Jun 9, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #10,619 of 99,753
OK, now the question, burning on the minds of millions, is....CKS1000 vs CKS77x!!!!!

CKS1000 is the winner for me.

If I got the CKS77X I'd always hate myself for not spending more and getting the top notch CK1Ks instead.

Plus the CK1K look so sexy in red. :p

Jun 9, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #10,620 of 99,753
For me, the 77X is the reason I doubt I'll get the CKS1000(unless I get an offer I can't refuse). The new styling/ergonomics is really a step ahead. Seems to make the rest of the line look old already. I'll just have to wait for the next CKS flagship earphone
popcorn.gif
. Don't like white though.

Can't get the 1000 now that many things are getting better and closer in SQ and they are probably going to lose the turbine look-alike design and adding better fitting/looking curves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back