The discovery thread!
Apr 25, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #8,956 of 99,637
you went from the s500 to the ws55?

Hear that Sfwalcer?

LoL

You got some serious reading comprehension problems meng, seekky was talking about the pads fool. Facepalm!!!

And I didn't want to comment on your jpn/ UK made headphone comment, but v-moda is an American comp for god sake this guy. Worse troll than I, sheeesh.

Apr 25, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #8,957 of 99,637
Quote:
Quote:
Perhaps you guys should take your bickering to PM. This thread is becoming awkward.

EDIT: Oh, this is friendly? Okay. Completely didn't get that. I dunno, I got serious passive aggression vibes there.

PM beef is no fun, you gotta air out your dirty laundry out in the open baby diapers and all. LMAO

Yeah we are just trolling but also in a serious manner.
biggrin.gif

So, you're sayin the stuff in open baby diapers is beef??????  
biggrin.gif

Apr 25, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #8,958 of 99,637
Quote:
LoL

You got some serious reading comprehension problems meng, seekky was talking about the pads fool. Facepalm!!!

And I didn't want to comment on your jpn/ UK made headphone comment, but v-moda is an American comp for god sake this guy. Worse troll than I, sheeesh.

sorry...had a tunnel vision on a trade i heard was going to happen....s500 for ws55..

Apr 25, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #8,959 of 99,637
So, you're sayin the stuff in open baby diapers is beef??????   :D

yeah mon it's that secret sauce don't ya' know. :wink:

sorry...had a tunnel vision on a trade i heard was going to happen....s500 for ws55..

who's the fool giving up his godly s500s for those lowly ws55s??? That would be a downgrade for the s500 owner, I am sure a lot of people will agree that owns both.

Apr 25, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #8,960 of 99,637
Quote:
LoL

hehe, yea, sorry i meant ws55 pads.
beerchug.gif

Apr 25, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #8,961 of 99,637
What is up with all the trolling?

This website isn't called TrollMe.org is it? If it is I might be in the wrong place, and I should go to bed now lol

Apr 25, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #8,962 of 99,637
Apr 25, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #8,963 of 99,637
yesterday i got the new philips shl3300 and i am not sure yet, but maybe i found a succesor to my s500. these are just awesome. deep soundstage, very good detail and as fast as cnt. man and that bass digs deep. its not bloated at all, but sub bass is rattling my bones. i tested a lot 300 $ phones, and until no i would say, these cheapo philips blow them out of the water. they fold up nicely and although the cups are large in diamater these are on ear, but with new breathable pads, that are super comfortable even in the sun and do a strong job on isolation. definetly keepers. everyone should test them!

http://www.philips-shop.co.uk/store/catalog/headphones/ear-bud/dj-monitor-style-black/productdetail/SHL3300_00_GB_SHOPPUB/GB/en

Looks very much like the Sony v55...

Apr 25, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #8,964 of 99,637
Quote:

See even this guy knows.  Even though he's amping an amped signal with a fiio (no offense meant, kind of a purist in regard to double amping.  Fiio products and me just dont see eye to eye).
The S400 even with two things I don't do or use still sound better than the S500.  And with that 24k bling....

S400>ES7>KSC75>Citiscape Downtowns>Brainwavz HM3>Sony MDRZX100>Coby Jammerz>S500

I think I'm gonna Gold plate the es7's and throw some of that wire on it too.  (guy didn't reply on the trade to confirm so no go)....double bling bling!

The only thing we have in common is a very high ranking for the S400
biggrin.gif

I don't know why all this negative vibes about double amping, I've heard the E12 out from an Iphone 4 with LOD and frankly, do not find much differences. In many professional sound stage setups I've seen, double amping is very common.
...and wayne's right ! 
wink.gif
  ...especially when he said the AD900X sounds heavenly thru the E12 jacked into the ELE DAC. (and the ELE does amp the signals)

With references to your preferences list, I've only one thing to say !

....Your S500 IS BROKEN !    ...either that or you don't have the S500.

Apr 25, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #8,965 of 99,637
Quote:

biggrin.gif

I don't know why all this negative vibes about double amping, I've heard the E12 out from an Iphone 4 with LOD and frankly, do not find much differences. In many professional sound stage setups I've seen, double amping is very common.
...and wayne's right ! 
wink.gif
  ...especially when he said the AD900X sounds heavenly thru the E12 jacked into the ELE DAC. (and the ELE does amp the signals)

^ i know it sounds ironic coming from me, but that fool is just a troll. He don't even own nor has ever heard the S500s but hates it so much that he came up with that ridiculous list. The rest of the rankings seems pretty legit though, but i would put the es7 above the rest, esp. above those lowly S400s.
tongue.gif

Apr 25, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #8,966 of 99,637
^ i know it sounds ironic coming from me, but that fool is just a troll. He don't even own nor has ever heard the S500s but hates it so much that he came up with that ridiculous list. The rest of the rankings seems pretty legit though, but i would put the es7 above the rest, esp. above those lowly S400s. :p

I do believe that the pot just called the kettle black :D

Apr 26, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #8,969 of 99,637
Quote:

biggrin.gif

...and wayne's right ! 
wink.gif

the ele dac has an amp?  whats the amp?  and if does thats one crappy dac.  

I don't know whats worse.... a standalone dac that doesn't have a line out or a amp with no volume control.

Not surprising you can't tell the difference if you were using a s500...not detailed enough to hear the difference must be that bloated bass.  
wink.gif

as for soundstage...I'm guessing you mean the use of pre-amps (essentially an amp with more functions).  Soundstage cordination of different areas usually goes into a pre-amp (kind of like a control center) where certain gains are needed for specifics devices (Device A needs a a certain level of signal that falls between a certain range while device B needs a a different level of signal that falls between another range).  

For example (these are just arbitrary numbers): a signal needs to go to a mixer and power amp.   The mixer needs the signal to be at level 1 while the poweramp needs the signal at level 2.  The preamp can take that input signal and set it to level 1 output to the mixer and level 2 for the poweramp.

There are more functions a preamp does but thats 1 of the big ones.  It's a convenience thing that allows 1 signal be outputted to many devices at certain levels so that  each device can work optimally.

Some people love pre-amps, some purist don't like it and some simply can't tell the difference. (or don't have gear good enough to hear it) 
rolleyes.gif

I think most people would take a very good line signal over headphone outs to feed into the amp.  

Apr 26, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #8,970 of 99,637
Do the vocals in the CKN70s get as good as the S500s? I like everything better about the CKN70s except the vocals. They're not burned in yet, so I know there will still be dramatic improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back