The discovery thread!
Jan 11, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #5,941 of 99,248
Quote:

Was contemplating to order a pair of the EFI-82 for $16 which was on offer from AliExpress, during the checkout process I chickened out when they asked for my full credit card details instead of giving me the paypal option.

Anyone here ever ordered anything from AliExpress before ? are they legit and trustworthy ? 

Wow - when were they $16?

Jan 11, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #5,944 of 99,248
Quote:

Was contemplating to order a pair of the EFI-82 for $16 which was on offer from AliExpress, during the checkout process I chickened out when they asked for my full credit card details instead of giving me the paypal option.

Anyone here ever ordered anything from AliExpress before ? are they legit and trustworthy ? 

The lowest I see them on there for is $30.99. You can get them on eBay for $36, and the reviews for AliExpress show that it can be kind of shady (packages not coming in), so I'd spend the $6 extra.

Jan 11, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #5,945 of 99,248
Quote:
The lowest I see them on there for is $30.99. You can get them on eBay for $36, and the reviews for AliExpress show that it can be kind of shady (packages not coming in), so I'd spend the $6 extra.

I bought a number of knock-off iPhone cases last year and had zero issues with them - they don't release the funds to the seller until delivery and your satisfaction. I had one case where what I got wasn't what I ordered and we settled on 40% payment - I got my refund - In my case, I had no issues - but you never know.

Jan 11, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #5,946 of 99,248
FWIW I received my replacement ELE dac today, black as requested and the channels were correct.  

I opened it up and it's also a much better soldering job.  There are a few pins on the chip that seem to have bridged joints on both of my units though, and I'm not sure if it's supposed to be that way or not (you would think that kind of thing would be in the PCB, not the solder joints).

Anyone else see this?

Jan 11, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #5,947 of 99,248
So I let my CKN50s burn in overnight. The highs are more pleasant now. They're still forward but not piercing anymore. Sounds fantastic on good recordings. Vocals became very smooth too. I had them in my ears all day just enjoying the sound. AT did a great job with these. These are very very good cheapos.

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #5,948 of 99,248
Quote:

Yeah, that magazine looks dangerous, Ghostfit. I think I was using Amazon.jpn before Dsnuts, but he's more dangerous with it as he finds headphones and earphones that would never search for there. I pretty much know what I want and go there to get it. I try not to look for new interesting stuff, although I failed and that is how I ended up getting the CKN5 and TDK MA600.

With Dsnuts, at least the poisons comes one by one, between the space of a week to a month, easier to say no because you already have something similar in your collection
wink.gif

With the magazine, I'm completely deluged by the overwhelming choices available !    ....I was certainly not prepared for it !
confused_face.gif

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #5,949 of 99,248
Quote:

Wow - when were they $16?

Quote:

Quote:
I bought a number of knock-off iPhone cases last year and had zero issues with them - they don't release the funds to the seller until delivery and your satisfaction. I had one case where what I got wasn't what I ordered and we settled on 40% payment - I got my refund - In my case, I had no issues - but you never know.

I did a google search and ended up with an AliExpress seller who had them on offer at $16, too good a deal so I registered and was checking out until I found I couldn't pay with paypal, that's when alarm bells inside my head started going off.   ....I'm not so worried about the deal going sour and losing $16 but I'm VERY concern that I have to give them my full credit card details including the security codes. 

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #5,950 of 99,248
Quote:
So I let my CKN50s burn in overnight. The highs are more pleasant now. They're still forward but not piercing anymore. Sounds fantastic on good recordings. Vocals became very smooth too. I had them in my ears all day just enjoying the sound. AT did a great job with these. These are very very good cheapos.

Ya I would say at least a 100 hours if not more. Glad they are starting to settle in for you..They take to more power real well too...

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #5,951 of 99,248
I placed an order for the CKN50s last night, and my Fiio E07k comes in tomorrow, can't wait! I also ordered the usb otg cable for it to mate with my phone a few days but that will also be a waiting game for them to come in. 

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #5,952 of 99,248
Quote:
Guess I'm the luckiest guy alive with a wife that supports my addiction
biggrin.gif

...now if I can only find somebody who understands and reads Japanese (it's like having a bottle of wine but no wine bottle opener) ....I'll be the happiest guy alive.

Here's some sort of comparision chart or review of a few relevant iems and cans

ATH CKN50

TDK ECMA600

JVC FXZ100

JVC FXZ200

ATH AD900X

ATH CK100PRO ????     ....is that a perfect score ????

Any kind Japanese readers can explain what those tables say ?

That's really cool. Hopefully someone could shed some light on what everything says. Can you post the rest of the other headphones that are being reviewed?I wanna know their scores 
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #5,953 of 99,248
Quote:
OH YEAH! I REMEMBER YOU FROM THE SOMIC THREAD NOW!

Have you caved yet?

Seriously people. Apparently no one wants a $35 headphone that puts $100-$200 headphones to shame sonically.

I know it looks like a cheap, toy portable set, but would you really give a cheap portable 50mm drivers, a 64 Ohm impedance, and a cable extender that brings the cord length to 10 feet? No! These things have "designed for studios" written all over them.

Uh can you copy and paste the thread for the Somics. I wanna read up on those cans.

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #5,955 of 99,248
Quote:

I did a google search and ended up with an AliExpress seller who had them on offer at $16, too good a deal so I registered and was checking out until I found I couldn't pay with paypal, that's when alarm bells inside my head started going off.   ....I'm not so worried about the deal going sour and losing $16 but I'm VERY concern that I have to give them my full credit card details including the security codes. 

Well, you can definitely check out the feedback of the seller, but I still have my doubts. A lot of the "feedback" is identical, which makes me question its authenticity. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back