The discovery thread!
Jan 9, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #5,869 of 99,754
Quote:
Would love to but i cannot find anything about them online and i get a "There was a problem submitting this to the server. Please try again."  message when i click the insert image icon. 

NOOB!!

jk
biggrin.gif

Welcome to Head-Fi

Jan 9, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #5,870 of 99,754
Quote:
Aww man, even the s500 and hm5 ear pads are kinda outta my spending limit. Which is still, not very much. I'm looking out for an upgrade but similar to the price of the htf600.
If anyone is looking to offload some headphones and for a decent price please pm me at once! I need my music, and I need them through headphones!!!!
Haha,
Thanks all

The Somic EFi 82-MT is an upgrade to the S500s at the price of the HTF600s. 

Seriously, here we have a headphone that is greatly outperforming many headphones in the $100-$150 range (Uptown, M50, FA-003) going for $30! Where is the hype? Don't make me enjoy these things all by myself.

Jan 9, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #5,871 of 99,754
Those somic color scheme looks like a kids toy! lol

Those CKN50s have been on my mind the last few days lol.. even at $60ish shipped on ebay, still seems like a good price. Even if i Dad was to source them in japan, he wouldn't be back to the US til March and than would still have to ship em to me lol

Jan 9, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #5,872 of 99,754
Quote:

That happens because you don't have enough posts yet...

Thats what i figured... Thank you putente for confirming. As soon as i get enough posts i will post some pictures of those AudioFit iems. 

Currently the "best" IEM's I have are the MP MEP-933 (8320). They sound great but I have fit, seal and comfort issues with them. Will do some A/Bing  between the two.

Jan 9, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #5,873 of 99,754
Quote:

Those CKN50s have been on my mind the last few days lol.. even at $60ish shipped on ebay, still seems like a good price. Even if i Dad was to source them in japan, he wouldn't be back to the US til March and than would still have to ship em to me lol

x2. so far the best price i found for them.

Jan 9, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #5,874 of 99,754
Quote:
Those somic color scheme looks like a kids toy! lol

For $35 and this level of sound quality, it's really a moot point. They look like toys and the build quality sucks too.

But you can't see them when they're on your head, and when they're this cheap, most can afford to replace them.

I own the HA-S500, the FA-003 (Jaycars),  the Uptowns, and several other "bang for buck" headphones. Since I've gotten them, I haven't even thought to use any of the afformentioned sets. 

HM5 pads fit them well, if you're not into the whole "I-Can't-Afford-To-Buy-Beats-But-I-Still-Want-To-Look-Like-I-Have-Swag" look.

Jan 9, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #5,875 of 99,754
Quote:
For $35 and this level of sound quality, it's really a moot point. They look like toys and the build quality sucks too.

But you can't see them when they're on your head, and when they're this cheap, most can afford to replace them.

I own the HA-S500, the FA-003 (Jaycars),  the Uptowns, and several other "bang for buck" headphones. Since I've gotten them, I haven't even thought to use any of the afformentioned sets. 

HM5 pads fit them well, if you're not into the whole "I-Can't-Afford-To-Buy-Beats-But-I-Still-Want-To-Look-Like-I-Have-Swag" look.

Hey cash, when my cousins visits China, i'll tell them to get both pairs of these somics for me since they are even cheaper there. hoho But i doubt these Somic EFi 82-MT are better than my modded S500s. The S500s just are crazy versatile and responds amazingly well to simple pad changes/ mods.  You probably can't say the same for the somics but they seem really amazing performers, so i will get the open back set of these somics for sure. Just wish they were better built/ better looking.
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #5,876 of 99,754
Quote:
Hey cash, when my cousins visits China, i'll tell them to get both pairs of these somics for me since they are even cheaper there. hoho But i doubt these Somic EFi 82-MT are better than my modded S500s. The S500s just are crazy versatile and responds amazingly well to simple pad changes/ mods.  You probably can't say the same for the somics but they seem really amazing performers, so i will get the open back set of these somics for sure. Just wish they were better built/ better looking.
biggrin.gif

+1. I'm pretty friggin happy with the s500's (with hm5 pads on stock pads) at the moment. Somebody should just give me both of those Somics. I'll probably love them and keep them, but if not, I'll give them back. Sounds like a good plan to me lol!

Jan 9, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #5,877 of 99,754
Quote:

+1. I'm pretty friggin happy with the s500's (with hm5 pads on stock pads) at the moment. Somebody should just give me both of those Somics. I'll probably love them and keep them, but if not, I'll give them back. Sounds like a good plan to me lol!

+2 Somebody should just give me both of those FXZs as well.  Damn great minds think alike!!! LoL

Jan 9, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #5,878 of 99,754
Quote:
biggrin.gif

Oh, believe me, I wished the same thing when I opened the box. My MH463 even arrived dirty (weird white/gray residue all over it). When I put it on my ears, I stopped caring pretty quickly.

But seriously, the EFi is the better way to go. I know I sound kind of nuts (pun very intended.) for recommending it as probably the only person on Head-Fi who owns it (for now), but seriously, this headphone can do it all.

This headphone has the:

1. fit, size, and bass response of the AKG K240M
  2. soundstage and mids/treble of the Brainwavz HM5
  3. physical shape and bass extension of the JVC HA-S500

This makes for a unique and, frankly, phenomenal-sounding headphone. At $35, it's a complete steal. I cannot hype it enough. It is my current daily driver, and for quite good reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back