The discovery thread!
Jan 6, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #5,823 of 98,002
Quote:
My ele dac is lost in space. Ordered Nov29 and no sign of it
frown.gif
. The seller is gonna send me another one. So sad! At least I got the E11 recently which is providing me some SQ enhancement for both my S500's and Uptowns, so that will have to keep me going.

Canada's postal service was very slow with a package that I got sent from the UK to a Canadian address.  China Post is slow sometimes, too.  So, If your package got lost in China, it would be a good idea to have it re-sent.  If it is already in Canada, your ELE DAC is not lost in space and you are gonna get two of them if the seller sends you another one.

Jan 6, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #5,824 of 98,002
Quote:
Canada's postal service was very slow with a package that I got sent from the UK to a Canadian address.  China Post is slow sometimes, too.  So, If your package got lost in China, it would be a good idea to have it re-sent.  If it is already in Canada, your ELE DAC is not lost in space and you are gonna get two of them if the seller sends you another one.

Thanks Alberto. I did get a tracking number. Apparently it left China on Dec15. The tracking number was supposed to show up in Canada Post's tracking system 3-5 days later, but that never happened.

This is their response: "[size=10pt]As you still not get the item, maybe it get lose or have met with custom issue during shipping. How about we send replacement to you? If you agree, in case you get both 2 parcels finally, will you also keep the second at discount price or just refuse that? Or if you have other idea, please let us know. Looking forward to your news. Thanks."[/size]

I am waiting for them to tell me what the discount for the 2nd item would be.

Jan 7, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #5,827 of 98,002
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks Alberto. I did get a tracking number. Apparently it left China on Dec15. The tracking number was supposed to show up in Canada Post's tracking system 3-5 days later, but that never happened.

This is their response: "[size=10pt]As you still not get the item, maybe it get lose or have met with custom issue during shipping. How about we send replacement to you? If you agree, in case you get both 2 parcels finally, will you also keep the second at discount price or just refuse that? Or if you have other idea, please let us know. Looking forward to your news. Thanks."[/size]

I am waiting for them to tell me what the discount for the 2nd item would be.

Let me help a little here:

1)  What is the tracking information shown in this site?:  [size=10pt]http://www.17track.net/ [/size]

Click on "English" at the upper right corner to have the info display in English.

2)  Was the message you quoted your last communication with the seller or you wrote the seller back after getting that message?

Jan 7, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #5,829 of 98,002
Quote:
So while I am watching the Colts vs Ravens I thought I would share a bit on the new microHD driver ATH-CKN50. I know a few of you guys have been waiting for an impression from me on these so here it is.

These are ATs answer to the FXD earphones from JVC. They use a very similar tech in MicroHDs and we all know both houses are going to use their know how in tuning these earphones.. 

Firstly I would like to say guys that recently purchased the MH1Cs know how they sound. A very nice sound indeed and those also use micro HD drivers in them as well but one of the main complaints was the bass end is boosted for a more consumer friendly sound. This may be true but the strong suit for them is their nice detail. These are no exception. If I was to pick a sound characteristic that fits these CKN50s it would be body. What I mean by this. For being small single drivers these have a full bodied sound to them that is also on the MH1C but here is where the comparisons end and the differences begin. 

These CKN50s are an upgrade to the MH1C in what they do and also a step up from previous mid range earphones AT has done such as the CKM500..What I heard on first listen and what I am hearing now is a fantastic sound. These earphones has many of the same qualities the FXD earphones have but somehow the body of music is bit fuller, a bit richer, with even better instrument separation than the FXD70. Using Danny's Leckerton dac/amp I am comparing these with the their direct competitor the FXD70 and stage is a bit wider and sound is deeper as well.

These share a very similar sound to the FXD70 and a bit of the FXD80 thrown in there but somehow AT managed to make it their own. Guys that are fans of the AT sound should without a doubt grab one of these for their collections..Doing a direct A/B against the FXD80. Mids are more foward in the mix and more intimate and has more body to the sound..Mids are deeper and fuller on the CKN50s and share an identical amount of detail in the sound. Somehow these CKN50s are showing me improvements to the FXD earphone sound.

Vs the CKM500. I remember guys was complaining on the CKM500 thread about the lack of lower mids on the sound to give better body to male vocals. Well this problem is completely solved on the CKN50.. The mids on the CKN50 is not only more complete but they also have more texture and body..I am gonna say it here. These CKN50 is an upgrade to the CKM500. Sub bass extension is very high quality on these and has about the same amount of sub bass in comparison the CKM500. More than the FXD70 similar to the FXD80..I keep on switching from one earphone to another and I noticed the scope of the sound is greater on the CKN50 over the FXDs.

The highs are a bit forward in the sound as are all AT headphones and because of the detailed nature of the sound your sibilant tracks will be sibilant. So the sound is very revealing of source..Much like the other micro HD earphones. I do recommend a solid burn in for these to shine.. I found out from Danny these have practically no burn in time so I am burning them in for him here and listening to them as they are getting the Drum n Bass pounding they deserve.

These are a nice forward progression for AT and it took competition for them to try out a microHD driver..I don't know if these are absolute must haves if you own any of the FXDs. But they do show progression in the MicroHD tech and isn't that what competition is all about.

that was fantastic! 

how you find the fit/comfort and isolation with that design?

Jan 7, 2013 at 3:06 AM Post #5,830 of 98,002
Just ordered a fiio e07k, Those CKN50 do look good from your review Dsnuts. I am becoming a fan of AT, from the few days I had the ckm50a, than the replacement ckm55 they sent me, which aren't as good , but their products look great. I was thinking about the CKM500 but the CKN50 aren't much more on ebay. 

My dad is currently in Japan (Nagoya) for work, I wonder if they would be cheaper out there? He isn't really an audiophile guy so it would be tough to tell him to get something for me lol. 

Jan 7, 2013 at 3:34 AM Post #5,831 of 98,002
Quote:
Thinking about getting one of these ele dacs. I'm searching on eBay and seeing 16 of them for from 16 different sellers from china. Which seller are you guys getting it from?

I bought it from kuyaya520 and I can say that I'm satisfied by the service. I live in Europe and it took less than a month to arrive and was also during the holiday season. Also no problem with reversed L/R sound as others mentioned before.

Jan 7, 2013 at 4:35 AM Post #5,832 of 98,002
Quote:
the s400 is an affordable route... I am debating which i like better atm. htf600 are way more comfortable, and more of a soundstage focused kind of signature while the jvc's are forward, with very nice bass.

Hmmm, yea
Well, I'm actually on the hunt for some Around ears Headphones... I've always disliked on ear!

All i can think of is upgrading to something like the Ultrasone HFI range, or even the Beyer range.
But they are all so expensive!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back