The discovery thread!
May 19, 2012 at 9:11 AM Post #1,426 of 99,798
Hey guys, I got a pair of the Thermaltake Isurus and found that the earphone comes loose from the casing. I RMA'd the first pair that did this and I've used the second pair for roughly a week and it still does the same thing only this time the right phone came apart. Is there a quick DIY fix I could do with some modeling glue or something along those lines? There's still sound and the earphone being separated from the casing is the only problem I have encountered. Thanks!

May 19, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #1,427 of 99,798
Quote:
Right out of the box the FX40s rock it like I was expecting. Such resolution, speed, black background, placement. Under $22.00 is just plain ridiculous. I know I'll buy 3more sets so it feels like I'm not stealing these!

Agreed I ended up with 2 more pairs. My friends gotta hear these. I am listening to them on my Sony 1060 now.. Damn.. Lol! Just nuts. .
Quote:
Just got a pair of FX40s today and they blow away the monoprice completely . These little iems pack some serious fidelity, now its been awhile since i listened to the Panasonic HJE900s but these seem to offer the same detail-if not more with a much more balanced presentation. Great job indeed on finding these little iems i just might pony up for the FX80s as well. I might do a comparison to my denon 510s for giggles after i get them re-cabled.
wink_face.gif

Glad you guys are hearing them as I am. Did I not warn you guys that if you hear these. This will want to make you try a FXD80? Lol.. Those can't come out soon enough.

Happy listening fellas and yes these get my vote for cheapo of the year so far. .

May 19, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #1,428 of 99,798
Agreed I ended up with 2 more pairs. My friends gotta hear these. I am listening to them on my Sony 1060 now.. Damn.. Lol! Just nuts. .
Glad you guys are hearing them as I am. Did I not warn you guys that if you hear these. This will want to make you try a FXD80? Lol.. Those can't come out soon enough.

Happy listening fellas and yes these get my vote for cheapo of the year so far. .
Hey Dsnuts I think you saved me money this time as these sound so good I'm actually satisfied in all my categories and don't feel any need to keep looking. But of course I still want to know how those FX80 and FXT90s sound.

May 19, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #1,429 of 99,798
Well this hobby is an interesting one. It is an evolving one and I like what I am seeing from all these Japanese manufacturers. From this year it is like they are bringing out all they know from years of making these earphones and not charging so much. It is an exciting time. I am so looking forward to the FXD80. From what I know about micro HD sound and a longer tube design.. These are gonna be something else. I am predicting a wide and deep sound with a crazy amount of detail and layering. Just a guess but out of all the new earphones that are coming out soon. The ATH-CKM700 and the JVC- FXD80 are both on my short list for sure.

Knowing me I will probably end up with the FXD60 and FXD70 as well. Lol! What will be interesting is how close them FXD60s are gonna sound to the FXD80. I bet the FXD60  are only gonna cost around $40 too if not less.

May 19, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #1,431 of 99,798
It used a carbon driver but not this new nanotube style. So I am thinking these newer JVC earphones are using a new revision of that driver. I own the FXC51s and the FXC71s are more or less the same with an extra resonating ring. I would skip on those and wait for the new ones to come out as I am sure the new ones will be that much better.

Oh an another thing. For you guys that just got these. Must burn in for certain..You guys thought they sound good now. Throw on a 100 hours on them and then listen.

May 19, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #1,433 of 99,798
In Canada these sell for $50+tax at the store LOL.  Ebay and Amazon cost more once you add shipping.  My search for cheaper replacements to my broken Nuforce ne700x brought me here, but none of these good deals can be found in my country.. the MEElectronics M6 are under $30 and so far seem to be the only budget IEM I can get my hands on here, but its out of stock for a long time now and I need replacements.

I give up, should I get these JVC at $50 today at the store or order another pair of nuforce for $65?  I was for a while contemplating the ATH-CKS77, with shipping they'd probably run me $115, they sound like they would be good phones but they just look big and I think microphonics would royaly piss me off so I think I'll pass.

May 19, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #1,434 of 99,798
Quote:
In Canada these sell for $50+tax at the store LOL.  Ebay and Amazon cost more once you add shipping.  My search for cheaper replacements to my broken Nuforce ne700x brought me here, but none of these good deals can be found in my country.. the MEElectronics M6 are under $30 and so far seem to be the only budget IEM I can get my hands on here, but its out of stock for a long time now and I need replacements.

I give up, should I get these JVC at $50 today at the store or order another pair of nuforce for $65?  I was for a while contemplating the ATH-CKS77, with shipping they'd probably run me $115, they sound like they would be good phones but they just look big and I think microphonics would royaly piss me off so I think I'll pass.

Try out a JVC FX40 even at $50. I think audiocubes in Japan sells these for $60 and that is before shipping. If  you like a detailed clean sound the JVC FX40s are crazy good. The CKS77s are great earphones too but they do cost much more. Value wise even at $50 these FX40s are tops. Now if you want a big smooth musical sound with big bass I would save up for a CKS77 but if you want a great sounding earphone now without spending so much I would try out a FX40.

Actually I just checked Audiocubes site. They are charging $70 before shipping for the FX40s.

May 19, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #1,435 of 99,798
Audiocubes. When you absolutely feel like paying full price:) Geekstuff also. They are going to want $135 for the FXD80 which is what I expected from them. Geek has the CK10 "on sale" for $334 and change vs. AccessoryJack's  non-sale price of $290.

May 19, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #1,436 of 99,798
Oh look what the post man has giveth.

Lol! Geeze. Freaking JVC man. I can't believe what I am hearing. Geebus. These sound like a mini CKS77. Lol!!! Not just a little better than the old HAFX1X but WAY better..There is clarity and balance on these right out of the box. And Booming bass. Lol! These only cost me $15.99 Lol!!..What the heck. These sound better than the CKS55s which cost $70s. Damn.. You guys can hate me now. Lol!

It seems to me JVC can't do wrong with any of their new cheapos. Ya these would be the musical bassy version of the FX40s.Lol. I can't stop laughing. These are ridiculous. The bass is ridiculous on these. There is nothing lacking on the highs and mids either. Geebuz Cristo! Laugh out loud!!

These sound like a better tuned SHE3580 with bigger everything. Stage, highs mids and bass. A yea. So now you guys have a choice..You like clarity and detail with your big bass.. Try these out.. OhMeGawsh!!.. Aha I can officially say JVC has stepped up HUGE this year with both the FX40 and now these FAX101s. There is a miced version as well... For bass lovers. These come crazy close to the CKS77s. Wow how dumb. For $16 shipped.!! Lol!

May 19, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #1,437 of 99,798
The blue cord looks nice. A bit different from the red cables which are getting old and played out already.

May 19, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #1,439 of 99,798
Quote:
Try out a JVC FX40 even at $50. I think audiocubes in Japan sells these for $60 and that is before shipping. If  you like a detailed clean sound the JVC FX40s are crazy good. The CKS77s are great earphones too but they do cost much more. Value wise even at $50 these FX40s are tops. Now if you want a big smooth musical sound with big bass I would save up for a CKS77 but if you want a great sounding earphone now without spending so much I would try out a FX40.

Actually I just checked Audiocubes site. They are charging $70 before shipping for the FX40s.

Sorry to be asking something I'm sure you've posted previously but is the bass not too great on the FX40?  I was sure I read the extension is good but after so much reading I'm tired and confused at this point.  As long as the drivers can handle it my cowoni9 has a gazillion settings and a workable EQ which I'm not shy to use.  One of the reasons I picked up the Nuforce was that its supposed to match up to the Monster Turbines at a much lower price with full bass and good extension etc..  I liked the nufroce a lot, upper/midbass was a bit emphesized over the lower end so the punch was a bit stronger than the rumble which is not best for DnB, but it was acceptable since the low end was still easy to differentiate notes in. 

As long as the JVC has the extension and can handle an EQ it's worth a try IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back