The discovery thread!
Dec 26, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #91 of 99,222

Quote:
Nooooooo Dsnuts, you will ruin my budget again. j/k
Well, I think I must choose one of them, and I think I will choose TT. I dont have much money before lunar new year.
This time, may be i will order from amazon jp.
Is that expensive in N

You want to try a cheaper one go for the Philips..The TT does sound  brighter yet more detailed over the Philips. The SHE3580 is more of a neutral sound signature especially when eQed and is a very smooth easy listen..The mids while sounding a bit recessed on the TT are also more defined as well .The bass on the Isurus does have a bigger punch and is tighter sounding I think the bigger driver has something to do with that in this department but the bass on the SHE3580 is very satisfactory and for sub bass both are about equal.

Both are great sounding iems given their respective price points and I would not have it any other way. I don't think these are going away any time soon so I would enjoy your new phones you got recently plus there is no rule that says you have to get every phone I suggest. But I do have a feeling once you read more and more impressions of these it will tempt..Hey better to be tempted by one of my threads than a LCD3 one..You guys realize for around $75 bux you can get a HTF600 , a MP 8320, a TT Isurus, and a Philips SHE3570?  That my friends, is a lot a bang for your money!

Dec 26, 2011 at 1:24 AM Post #92 of 99,222
Dsnuts, just wanted to say thanks for the find. The TT sounds like a very affordable way to fill a niche I've had with my laptop. I have full sized cans at home for gaming but when I travel I don't want to take them with me as A) they're open and B) the last thing I want to do is ruin a somewhat-pricey pair of cans on the road. Just ordered a pair for myself. Can't wait to give them a try!

Dec 26, 2011 at 1:47 AM Post #93 of 99,222

Quote:
You want to try a cheaper one go for the Philips..The TT does sound  brighter yet more detailed over the Philips. The SHE3580 is more of a neutral sound signature especially when eQed and is a very smooth easy listen..The mids while sounding a bit recessed on the TT are also more defined as well .The bass on the Isurus does have a bigger punch and is tighter sounding I think the bigger driver has something to do with that in this department but the bass on the SHE3580 is very satisfactory and for sub bass both are about equal.

Both are great sounding iems given their respective price points and I would not have it any other way. I don't think these are going away any time soon so I would enjoy your new phones you got recently plus there is no rule that says you have to get every phone I suggest. But I do have a feeling once you read more and more impressions of these it will tempt..Hey better to be tempted by one of my threads than a LCD3 one..You guys realize for around $75 bux you can get a HTF600 , a MP 8320, a TT Isurus, and a Philips SHE3570?  That my friends, is a lot a bang for your money!

Well, so I will take TT, I dont have enough money for both, but one is ok.

Good job, Dsnuts.

Dec 26, 2011 at 3:28 AM Post #95 of 99,222
Dsnuts you aren't helping my wallet!!

I already went and bought the jvc xx, and now you say there's a better one?!

Well that's me going tesco today, im sure they have them on special offer.

Edit - And that's the thermaltake ordered.

Secretly im very excited, i've fallen back in love with dynamic phones, but was in two mind to plump for the fx700 or ex1000.

This little bargain will give me a better idea of what i should be getting in the higher end stuff.

Dec 26, 2011 at 6:04 AM Post #97 of 99,222

Quote:
Aren't you the guy who discovered the Focalprice XKDUN IEMs?  I've wanted to give those a try since I saw that brand of phones on sale at a brick & mortar store in Hong Kong, but I haven't spotted them again since seeing your review.  Looking forward to you comparing these Philips with the Focalprice!

Yep, will definitely be doing a detailed comparison because the SHE3580s sound pretty damn good! 

It's too early to make a proper comparison, but i can say one thing. The SHE3580s are alot easier on the ears.

Dec 26, 2011 at 6:13 AM Post #98 of 99,222
Well i couldn't find the she3580, but in comet they had the shh3580, from what i could tell the difference being it has a phone adaptor, a cable slider and a mic/call button.
Great soon as im done eating, i'll fire them up.

Forgive the griddle, usual christmas chaos no room anywhere.

Dec 26, 2011 at 6:40 AM Post #99 of 99,222
Congrats Huxley--but I hope you will actually be using them on a phone, because I have the SHH3580 too and haven't managed to get them to sound good outside of my Android phone.  I think it's some kind of incompatibility between the quad-segment with-mic plug and 3-segment stereo-only sockets.  I know they're supposed to be compatible but not quite in my experience.

Maybe with the iPhone->Nokia adapter plugged on it'd work better with stereo sockets?  Dunno because mine has disappeared for the moment
tongue.gif

If they sound good, great, just beware that if you're not getting good sound that might be the problem.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 26, 2011 at 6:41 AM Post #100 of 99,222
Right then, fired up some nice and bassy tracks.

Outkast - The way you move.
Sean paul - Breathe.

Yup they have sub bass, very impressive for such a tiny iem. Mids as said are laid back but not as much as my jvc xx, treble is the same with a tiny hint of sparkle on the right tracks.

Comfort is impressive, they sit way deep inside and just stay put no matter what.

Will they get better with burn in, who knows.

Dec 26, 2011 at 7:08 AM Post #101 of 99,222
Ok joe, i'll give it a try on my galaxy nexus.

Ok with the adaptor, no good lots of reverb and the sound is way off.

Without it, much better sound exactly as they should, nice and balanced.

Though i have noticed that i can't move the connector as the phone stops the music.

So yeah works fine, both on my phone and plugged into my fiio e7 and sansa fuze.

Edit - Yeah i see what you mean, finicky little thing isn't it.

Dec 26, 2011 at 8:48 AM Post #102 of 99,222
You know what, there may be three factors at work here.
1. quad-segment jack not quite working with stereo sockets.  You KNOW when this happens.  The sound is way off as you say.  On some sockets wiggling the jack a bit solves the problem, on others not so.
2. inherent difference between the SHH3580 and SHE3580.  I found that even with the SHH plugged into my phone the bass is leaner.  Not exactly LEAN; in fact without EQ the bass on the SHH may be just the right amount for many people, but the subbass extension seems to be less.  With the SHE3580 I like it best with the midbass to subbass EQed down, but I like how there's so much headroom for me to bump the subbass back up if I want more.  With the EQ settings for the SHE3580 dialled in, plugging in the SHH sounds good, but with the SHE3580 it sounds like somebody turned on the Mega Bass or the stereo expander--except better, because it's just how the phones sound.
3. break-in.  The SHE3580 I'm using has had months of break-in, some of it on accidentally high volumes.  Nevertheless, another pair of SHE3580 that has seen little use just like the SHH(and is blue instead of black) sound very similar to my primary pair, to the extent that I can plug them both into a Y-splitter, put one bud from each set into each ear and not feel any imbalance.  If I do this with the SHE3580 vs the SHH3580 I get the feeling that the sound from the SHE3580 side is "bigger".

So, the short story is:  if you're using these primarily for music, I recommend getting the SHE3580 over the mic'd SHH3580, especially if you want your bass heavy and extended.

Another spanner in the works is the SHE3575, which is another mic'd version that looks even more similar to the SHE3580 than the SHH (notice the strain relief on the earbuds of the black SHH3580 are red; on the black SHE3580 and SHE3575 they're black).  I wonder if the sound of the SHE3575 would be more similar to the SHE3580 than the SHH too?  On the other hand the silicone tips on the SHE3575 are coloured instead of the clear tips on the SHE3580 and SHH3580.

Gah, wondering whether the minor colour differences in these models makes the sound different makes me feel like a stupid fashionista
redface.gif
On the other hand, these do look colourful and stylish in a minimalist way.  Then again, my primary pair is black
etysmile.gif
and I do believe that

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back