The discovery thread!
Nov 30, 2022 at 7:07 AM Post #68,028 of 99,762
Mandatory smarty DSLR pic of my latest acquisition hehe. I just love clicking such images so please bear with me. As a bonus will include some initial impressions for the pair.

Honestly, I was a little disappointed initially as I was spending a lot of my time with the Euclids and they are a step above the duo in every aspect. Coming towards the Duo, initially, the pair had a little boom in the bass, and the midrange was recessed. More recessed than what I prefer. It was nothing as I had heard it before at an audio event in my country. Only good thing I noticed was with treble being quite crisp and amazing. I was honestly planning to make a sale post. But But But, As soon as I switched the cable to Effect Audio Cadmus, everything changed and for the good.

Bass is a lot tighter now, still, I would say Euclid sounds tighter. But still has a very good slam and texture now. Midrange is also brought a little forward and vocals sound livelier and richer than what I had on the stock cable. Treble is crisp and detailed. Ah, the soundstage and dynamics are quite good(they were good on the stock cable as well). But I personally feel Cadmus gives the Duo a better definition in the lower end and midrange. All in all, I am happy with my purchase now.

Short disclaimer:-
Both the Cadmus and Duo are my own units, and so is the Tempotec V6 in the image.
duo.jpg

Nov 30, 2022 at 7:20 AM Post #68,029 of 99,762
The heavyweights from 5-10 years back that you no longer hear about in this hobby are AT, V-Sonic, Havi, JVC, and Brainwavz. POOF.
ATH CKR9LTD: I still have that one. Two 13.2 mm DD in push pull configuration. This limited edition was f@@@n expensive. About 10-12 years ago? They still sound good today.
JVC: Didn't they release a very popular HA-FD01 and a wood variation maybe two years ago? Back in the day they used carbon nano tubes. I still have three FX something floating around...

Cheers.

Nov 30, 2022 at 7:28 AM Post #68,030 of 99,762
Nov 30, 2022 at 7:38 AM Post #68,031 of 99,762
Mandatory smarty DSLR pic of my latest acquisition hehe. I just love clicking such images so please bear with me. As a bonus will include some initial impressions for the pair.

Honestly, I was a little disappointed initially as I was spending a lot of my time with the Euclids and they are a step above the duo in every aspect. Coming towards the Duo, initially, the pair had a little boom in the bass, and the midrange was recessed. More recessed than what I prefer. It was nothing as I had heard it before at an audio event in my country. Only good thing I noticed was with treble being quite crisp and amazing. I was honestly planning to make a sale post. But But But, As soon as I switched the cable to Effect Audio Cadmus, everything changed and for the good.

Bass is a lot tighter now, still, I would say Euclid sounds tighter. But still has a very good slam and texture now. Midrange is also brought a little forward and vocals sound livelier and richer than what I had on the stock cable. Treble is crisp and detailed. Ah, the soundstage and dynamics are quite good(they were good on the stock cable as well). But I personally feel Cadmus gives the Duo a better definition in the lower end and midrange. All in all, I am happy with my purchase now.
64Audio Duo - $1200. EA Cadmus - $200. Playing devil's advocate - the Duo should sound pretty amazing for the money without an expensive aftermarket cable. I have heard the Cadmus and like it but if you didn't have it would you be Ok with the Duo as stock?

Nov 30, 2022 at 7:44 AM Post #68,032 of 99,762
64Audio Duo - $1200. EA Cadmus - $200. Playing devil's advocate - the Duo should sound pretty amazing for the money without an expensive aftermarket cable. I have heard the Cadmus and like it but if you didn't have it would you be Ok with the Duo as stock?
I have Euclid which is a better one IMO. I would have sold the Duo. Not up to my preferences with the stock cable, but obviously like it with the Cadmus now and will keep it as a complementing and different signature to my Euclids. I have given Eros S to my Euclid as well but they were quite good on stock cable too.

Nov 30, 2022 at 7:52 AM Post #68,033 of 99,762
Here's my beautiful Euclid with Eros S cable!!

euclid eros.jpg

Nov 30, 2022 at 8:47 AM Post #68,034 of 99,762
The order was shut down even though PayPal was used. Fraud?
Definitely not fraud. That’s Audiosense’s official store. I’ve received my AQ0 from there when I bought it in the 11/11 sales.

Nov 30, 2022 at 9:36 AM Post #68,036 of 99,762
no concern for QC at all it seems!
It’s exquisite.
Beauty here.
Especially the color violet, once only allowed for the Nobilities. Tangzu got a very good knowledge in making thing.
Surely she is the sole Empress of ancient Chinese dynasty.

615408B1-DEDB-410F-BD55-F5B546874830.jpeg

3D1561BE-48D1-4C38-8B6F-CD6225FCEEA5.jpeg
5A0BF361-7735-41C2-9D87-DEE4201D3197.jpeg

Nov 30, 2022 at 9:43 AM Post #68,037 of 99,762
no concern for QC at all it seems!
It’s exquisite.
Beauty here.
Especially the color violet, once only allowed for the Nobilities. Tangzu got a very good knowledge in making thing.
Surely she is the sole Empress of ancient Chinese dynasty.

615408B1-DEDB-410F-BD55-F5B546874830.jpeg
3D1561BE-48D1-4C38-8B6F-CD6225FCEEA5.jpeg5A0BF361-7735-41C2-9D87-DEE4201D3197.jpeg
Enjoy! One of my 2022 favorites!

Nov 30, 2022 at 10:00 AM Post #68,038 of 99,762
Enjoy! One of my 2022 favorites!
Indeed! Thanks for recommending Wu @Redcarmoose & @Dsnuts & @baskingshark ! Wu immediately becomes my planar favorite.

-OOTB notes:
▶︎carrying pouch is HUGE and color theme is wine
Red with Gold is, well…not my taste..
7F7C648D-492F-41A7-962C-216883163870.jpeg

BDA88207-4DDF-4D3F-A662-9A9845954249.jpeg

▶︎Wu is a shallow fit type, the housing didn’t match with my ear so I need some bigger war tips that comes with it.
Generic Accostune AE tips styled ones.

▶︎Sound is impressive, wide diffusion, but not too U feeling. Nice balance that Tangzu team has managed. I may explain Wu’s balance as Mid-switch flipped on Anole VX. Almost warm-neutral with slight hints in upper mid as well as treble. Sub-bass is not overly emphasized (Not L-shape), with mid-bass having a welcoming warmth. People with 200hz sensitivity may feel it a slight “bleed” and may prefer Timeless style scooped uppper-to-mid bass, but I’m perfectly fine with this mid-bass.

▶︎Highly musically talented tuning. I can see the big boss of Tangzu spending nights and nights adjusting it, not a random attempt, the tuning has his/her philosophy. For someone tried many IEMs, this kind of tuning philosophy is not a tangible EQ thing, it’s more higher level top-down comprehensive bird’s -eye type “sound as a whole” presentation, just like someone creates instruments. Tangzu big boss has a talent to that extent. Now it’s getting interesting what Tangzu could’ve done with entry-level Wan’er S.G. It’s incoming and will arrive in weeks.

2022 is a year of good tuner…Salnotes Zero and Wu is currently my favorite tune

What matters the most to me is not technicality, after all things considered for “enjoying/live with your favorite songs”.

Surely technicality is like big engines in a car, a sportscar, hypercar, it goes as fast as you put your feet on pedal. But once you’ve done everything you could imagine with sportscar & hypercar, you feel the suspension is way too firm to over speed bumps, and if you hit any potholes on road with high performance sports tire&suspension, it will be very unpleasant. So I’m recently finding, cars made for “comfort & luxury “ more appealing. You don’t need huge engines for the comfort, same to IEM/headphones. But that’s a one man’s maturity in “sound” preference I think. So whenever I get tired of comfortable cars, I may move to sportscars again, having options, for cars are not easy, but for IEM, is still manageable, good point of this hobby.

Wu is a good example for that, it’s made for your comfort and pure enjoyment over technical things.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #68,039 of 99,762
Those two, the Zero and the Wu! Some of my absolute favorites, maybe those two are even complementary? As they are so different in nature?
Indeed! Thanks for offering Wu @Redcarmoose ! Wu immediately becomes my planar favorite.

-OOTB notes:
▶︎carrying pouch is HUGE and color theme is wine
Red with Gold is, well…not my taste..
7F7C648D-492F-41A7-962C-216883163870.jpeg
BDA88207-4DDF-4D3F-A662-9A9845954249.jpeg

▶︎Wu is a shallow fit type, the housing didn’t match with my ear so I need some bigger war tips that comes with it.
Generic Accostune AE tips styled ones.

▶︎Sound is impressive, wide diffusion, but not too U feeling. Nice balance that Tangzu team has managed. I may explain Wu’s balance as Mid-switch flipped on Anole VX. Almost warm-neutral with slight hints in upper mid as well as treble. Sub-bass is not overly emphasized (Not L-shape), with mid-bass having a welcoming warmth. People with 200hz sensitivity may feel it a slight “bleed” and may prefer Timeless style scooped uppper-to-mid bass, but I’m perfectly fine with this mid-bass.

▶︎Highly musically talented tuning. I can see the big boss of Tangzu spending nights and nights adjusting it, not a random attempt, the tuning have his/her philosophy

2022 is a year of good tuner…Salnotes Zero and Wu is currently my favorite tune

Nov 30, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #68,040 of 99,762
If I am not mistaken, the second DD should probably be inside here:

and to the right is the magnet of the main coil.

Don't have the NX7 and won't get a pair to confirm myself if they have been doing false marketing.
That's also part of the magnetic structure. It's the outer circular part you see in the teardown picture. It's a standard part in many DD designs, such as in the Aria:
1669821261283.png

It's just a single DD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back