The discovery thread!
Apr 25, 2022 at 9:58 PM Post #62,644 of 99,619
Sc487954f796e46298fd78e5505b7e2d1B.jpg

Apr 25, 2022 at 10:14 PM Post #62,645 of 99,619
Damn, I was contemplating whether to get the Dunu Vernus and wanted to think about it after a good night's sleep. On waking up this morning to purchase it now it is sold out!

Arggg. Wanted to pull the trigger earlier, but I have a hard time explaining to my wife why another IEM came in the mail. It is easier to disguise black/silver generic looking IEMs. Green Vernus coming in = no way to explain it away. I got into trouble the last round with the green BLON BL-05s and Moondrop SSR! Another black/silver one on the table, at least I can disguise that as one of the existing IEMs hahaha.

Well happy for you folks who got one, look forward to your Vernus reviews!!!

Apr 26, 2022 at 7:02 AM Post #62,647 of 99,619
Apr 26, 2022 at 7:26 AM Post #62,648 of 99,619
Damn, I was contemplating whether to get the Dunu Vernus and wanted to think about it after a good night's sleep. On waking up this morning to purchase it now it is sold out!

Arggg. Wanted to pull the trigger earlier, but I have a hard time explaining to my wife why another IEM came in the mail. It is easier to disguise black/silver generic looking IEMs. Green Vernus coming in = no way to explain it away. I got into trouble the last round with the green BLON BL-05s and Moondrop SSR! Another black/silver one on the table, at least I can disguise that as one of the existing IEMs hahaha.

Well happy for you folks who got one, look forward to your Vernus reviews!!!

There are a few units popping up on Friday available for sale. Described as only 'a handful', so be quick!

Tell your wife you sold some of your older ones to fund this one. :wink:

Apr 26, 2022 at 7:08 PM Post #62,649 of 99,619
Apr 26, 2022 at 8:33 PM Post #62,650 of 99,619
man...bery plated DD are going ultra budget now, little like LCP in that regard...thats all WIN for the consumers!
I wonder if it's same driver as Tinhifi T1S....but this will make surely a second sub-30$ IEM with bery plated DD.

Apr 26, 2022 at 9:06 PM Post #62,651 of 99,619
Man, companies are pushing Bery drivers right now, I reckon this is probably marketing more than anything else though I could be wrong.

Is 2022 the year of Bery too?

Keep in mind that Bery drivers are 100% meaningless if it doesn't sound anything special and obviously if the tuning is garbage.

Apr 26, 2022 at 10:20 PM Post #62,652 of 99,619
Just got the Thor mjolnir MK2 today. Must admit I'm letting a couple of hours for burn in. First impressions though:

The build quality it's not in par with the last one, the corner bores look sloppy and the whole finish ain't on par with mk1

Sound wise; sub bass has way more presence ootb than mk1, mid bass is way more detailed and has a nice bump which makes it quite appealing, mids are more detailed, THOUGH!!!! there's a peak in the treble around 3k/ 4k. looking at the nozzle it has the same grill that mk1 has, changed it for a moondrop mesh filter and the treble peak got tamed though it left a bit of sub bass out which I'm not comfortable with, will get the og mesh a try later on again but I'm still giving the moondrop mesh sometime on

For 390 bucks (bought it with pre release discount for 360) the iem came with no box, just the linsoul carry case and some thieaudio foams, not exactly what I was looking for. I thought a box would come this time but well... c'est la vie, still not a major let down for me since i already have a ton of boxes.

Og cable is the same as mk1 which is a silver cable from linsoul, though this one feels a bit cheap, changed to my regular 2 pin cable for on the go and tbh it wasn't a night and day change. Yet after a a/ b comparison, soundstage is a bit wider with less hump in the 3k area.

Soundstage is quite average, nothing to be impressed here (this is without any burn in)

Overall, I cannot vogue for this release as much as I did for the first one. Other thing is that i don't like resin shells since i cannot mod anything nor place any kind of dampers behind the drivers or anything alike (IMR's do give me that opportunity and it lets me tune a bunch of extra things in their older models which makes for a more fun experience tunning the sound to my likes)

Will give em a week for the massive driver to burn in, I'm hoping a change in a couple of hours. But so far ootb I'm a bit let down. It is a 1/2 step from it's older brother sound wise, but in the competitive market we are in, it doesn't ring anything that make it impressive. IMO we got something good when you can get something amazing for the same cash

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2022 at 10:43 PM Post #62,653 of 99,619
Man, companies are pushing Bery drivers right now, I reckon this is probably marketing more than anything else though I could be wrong.

Is 2022 the year of Bery too?

Keep in mind that Bery drivers are 100% meaningless if it doesn't sound anything special and obviously if the tuning is garbage.

Can I have a beryllium coated titanium DD with DLC on the back?

Oh, might as well make that a tribrid, with BAs and an EST on the side..... Tuning optional and please try and make it smaller than a brick!

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2022 at 10:59 PM Post #62,654 of 99,619
Just got the Thor mjolnir MK2 today. Must admit I'm letting it takes a couple of hours for burn in. First impressions though:

The build quality it's not in par with the last one, the corner bores look sloppy and the whole finish ain't on par with mk1

Sound wise sub bass has way more presence ootb than mk1, mid bass is way more detailed and has a nice bump which makes it quite appealing, mids are more detailed, THOUGH!!!! there's a peak in the treble around 3k/ 4k. looking at the nozzle,it has the same grill that mk1 had oem, changed it for a moondrop mesh filter and the treble peak got tamed though it left a bit of sub bass out which I'm not comfortable with, will get the og mesh a try later on again but I'm still giving the moondrop mesh sometime on

For 390 bucks (bought it with pre release discount for 360) the iem came with no box, just the linsoul carry case and some thieaudio foams, not exactly what I was looking for. I thought a box would come this time but well... c'est la vie, still not a major let down for me since i already have a ton of boxes.

Og cable is the same as mk1 which is a silver cable from linsoul, though this one feels a bit cheap, changed to my regular 2 pin cable for on the go and tbh it wasn't night and day change

Soundstage is quite average, nothing to be impressed here (this is without any burn in)

Overall, I cannot vogue for this release as much as I did for the first one. Other thing is that i don't like resin shells since i cannot mod anything nor place any kind of dampers behind the drivers or anything alike (IMR's do give me that opportunity and it lets me tune a bunch of extra things in their older models which makes for a more fun experience tunning the sound to my likes)

Will give em a week for the massive driver to burn in, I'm hoping a change in a couple of hours. But so far ootb I'm a bit let down. It is a 1/2 step from it's older brother sound wise, but in the competitive market we are in, it doesn't ring anything that make it impressive. IMO we got something good when you can get something amazing for the same cash
If you wan to sell for a decent price , I'd take it in the future

Users who are viewing this thread

Back