The discovery thread!
Nov 19, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #60,946 of 99,738
While you heard about the favorite headphone of last week, Arya Stealth, HIFIMAN Electronics actually adapted the same technology for their Deva PRO Headphones as well, so today I try to bring a smile to your face with my in-depth written review about the Deva PRO, a headphone that combines the sound of the original Deva, but makes it better with an improved bass, and a much better Bluetooth R2R adapter!

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2021/11/hifiman-deva-pro-stealth-r2r-ldac-bass-fun.html

HIFIMAN-Deva-PRO-Bluetooth-R2R-Bluemini-Planar-Magnetic-Headphones-LDAC-Review-Audiophile-Heav...jpg

Nov 19, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #60,947 of 99,738
PSX_20211119_225344.jpg

Yincrow RW-3000 - great looking with gorgeous sound. Bass to die for.
Man, I'm hoping to read more about the RW-3000. I've only recently jumped into earbuds and love them for their relative comfort especially. It's nice not having something jammed into my ear canals, or wearing something clamping my head and making my ears hot. Generically speaking, sonically, I love the soundstage buds provide, but I miss having sub bass rumble.

Nov 19, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #60,948 of 99,738

Yincrow RW-3000 - great looking with gorgeous sound. Bass to die for.

Is the bass more linear/even? Most buds both have a bit too much mid bass and a bit too little sub-bass for me.

If you can, a bit more description of the sound of these would be great. Thanks.

Nov 19, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #60,949 of 99,738
Nov 19, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #60,951 of 99,738
We’ll wait your impressions, where will you post ?☺️

Nov 20, 2021 at 12:09 AM Post #60,953 of 99,738
That graph (Eclipse) is screaming for an upper treble peak to balance it out, otherwise not bad at all. Personally, I'd like to see the sub bass roll off a bit so the lower mids are less overshadowed.
Its interesting to see the actual outcome of FHE. Crin didn't quite that fond of the og FH3.

Tone : C+, Tech : B-, overall : C+ (slightly above average), one star value award (worth the price),
"Does come off as sort of a broken FH5, but the FH5 elements are mostly there."

Maybe he tune it to upgrade the Tone score to B+

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2021 at 1:16 AM Post #60,954 of 99,738
little secret disclosure:
Do you know that TRN TA2 should have been with 3 ba and not with 2? because inside there is even a place for the third ba which is closed with a stub :)

Nov 20, 2021 at 1:20 AM Post #60,955 of 99,738
IMG_20211119_153336_GC6.1_gamma1.8.jpg
IMG_20211119_153344_GC6.1_gamma1.8.jpg

P.s, its a top secret :D

Nov 20, 2021 at 1:43 AM Post #60,956 of 99,738
IMG_20211119_153336_GC6.1_gamma1.8.jpgIMG_20211119_153344_GC6.1_gamma1.8.jpg
P.s, its a top secret :D
Are you going to be modding one in? Seems like an interesting project, but it'll probably require modifying the crossover network.

Nov 20, 2021 at 1:50 AM Post #60,957 of 99,738
Are you going to be modding one in? Seems like an interesting project, but it'll probably require modifying the crossover network.
you can add a resistor, but to be honest, the sound in the drain is quite even and calm by ear, although these ba sound like TRN ba 🤣

Nov 21, 2021 at 3:31 AM Post #60,958 of 99,738
PRat is not that high on my priorities. I would add: Timbre, timbre, and timbre especially for piano, woodwinds, vocals (especially Japanese female vocals), guitars (espeically acoustic guitars), and strings. If Penon can +3 over Tanchjim then endgame for me.If not, I will save my money. Penon needs to deliver the goods.
We shall soon find out.
(8) less hours of sleep nights + the delivery duration (lol)...

Nov 21, 2021 at 5:04 AM Post #60,959 of 99,738
Sometimes it's nice to sit listening to some older IEMs in the collection. Some of those are now unavailable but still really sing. One such IEM is the Semkarch SKC CNT1. The Semkarch is in fact an LZ single carbon nanotube driver IEM. The only one branded Semkarch as far as I know. The only changes I made was to upgrade the cable to a Nicehck 4.4mm four core copper cable and roll the tips to JVC Spiral Dots Originals. It still holds it's own. Exceptionally musical with a very satisfying bass. An LZ offering that shows the skill and ear LZ have for IEMs. Bloody great IEM. Reminded me of Tolkein, "All that is gold does not glitter". Certainly gold amongst the profligate IEMs thrown out from China nowadays.

Nov 21, 2021 at 10:38 PM Post #60,960 of 99,738
11629078.jpg

A tale of new Fiios.
It seems Fiio has saved their best stuff for last. This year they have released a few surprises but I think the biggest surprise for me anyway is just how much better tuned their new stuff is. I can tell they have learned a thing or two from previous efforts and improved on all of it with their newer designs. Top stuff in the FD7 beryllum dynamic. Top stuff in the FH9 shown here. And top stuff from their all new FA7S.
11630326.jpg

FA7S was my weekend review post https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/fiio-fa7s.25563/reviews#review-27327

Break down on the 3 Fiios I mentioned is like this.
FA7S has 6 Knowles BAs and have one of the best-balanced tunings I have heard from any Fiio. It is as close to a neutrally tuned Fiio as it will get. But with very good extension and balancing on both ends of sound. Bass has zero roll off and treble is extended well.- Bass is legit better than my Zeus believe it or not and so is the treble. Mids are detailed and very natural sounding. The FA7S is for treble and mids fans as the bass end has moderate emphasis but is a good solid bass end none the less. These easily complete with the likes of the Tansio Mirai TSMR-6 or even the Dunu SA6. It is playing at that sound level but cost less.

FD7s are one of the best pure Beryllium dynamic earphones that are Fiios natural timbre king. Outstanding speed and definition of pure Beryllium and is one of the best imaging single dynamic earphones I have heard. It is easily one of their absolute best efforts for sound. Dynamic fans will love these things. The tuning is a balanced V but with a flagship level of imaging with an organic tonal character and top of the line timbre for vocals and instruments. These things on my DX300Max just sings like no other.

New FH9 shown above. I have been burning them in. For folks that always wanted a top-level UM earphone like the MEST or Sonys IER Z1R but those are a bit out of reach price wise. I present to you The FH9 which is playing at that level in sonics. It is got a big brawny sound to it. Once again balanced well but this time around it has a full bored sound. Thick full notes. Great height and depth with excellent stage. All 3 phones mentioned here got great stage but the FH9 is got a bit of extra in how beefy the sound is. It is Fun immersive tuning with a very high level of technicalities. It is using a 13.6mm 2nd gen DLC dynamic that pushes a lot of air. Bass is absolutely fantastic on these. Best Fiio bass to date imo. Their bass caps on it are full on party mode. Mids are thick like the bass. Treble is shimmery and detailed. Its scale of sound is very similar to the much more pricier phones mentioned. This is one hybrid to keep a watch on. It is going to surprise a lot of folks that own much more expensive offerings.

Fiio seems to have been working on earphones for a while, their FH9 for the past 2 years supposedly. These folks been improving their game and these are the end results. If you had any doubts. Fiio is a legit player in the earphone game and this year has been a coming out party for them. They had some good offerings in the past but with these newer offerings. These guys are going for the best value in the industry. It is like. "Thats your stuff? How's about we do the same thing but better for half the price." Lol. I can't imagine what these guys are gals are going to introduce next. I have a good idea but just know they seem to keep a keen eye on earphone trends and sooner or later will bring out their version that give you a true value for the given earphone.

Could a state-of-the-art tri or quad brid be next? That wouldn't surprise me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back