The discovery thread!
Jul 28, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #58,531 of 99,635
You don't need twitter in your life,
trust me, you gain nothing with twitter,
but you will lose a lot,
The only benefit of having Twitter is micro-local news that is not easily available on news portals. Else it is the most toxic SM of all. People are just vile to each other there!

Jul 28, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #58,532 of 99,635
The only benefit of having Twitter is micro-local news that is not easily available on news portals. Else it is the most toxic SM of all. People are just vile to each other there!
It makes me very sad whenever I click a link that goes there.

Jul 28, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #58,533 of 99,635
Absolutely, a very valid point about "placebo".

Then $10 placebo and $1000 placebo should work the same, unless departing with extra money enhances someone's feelings :)

Not surprisingly, the recepients of this extra money do work hard to try to make people believe that it should enhance someone's reputation :) :)

You joke but this is actually a very well studied and documented psychological effect! For instance:
https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20171006-the-psychology-behind-spending-big

Jul 28, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #58,536 of 99,635
News on Twitter? That is new to me. :L3000:

Not a discovery though, so I apologize for derailing this thread.

Cheers.
In my country, locals usually share updates on Twitter about trains, traffic, rains etc. So it's super helpful+real time and aids in better decision-making. Hence the term micro local news, it's like folks in the surrounding suburbs sharing regular updates.

Jul 28, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #58,537 of 99,635
In my country, locals usually share updates on Twitter about trains, traffic, rains etc. So it's super helpful+real time and aids in better decision-making. Hence the term micro local news, it's like folks in the surrounding suburbs sharing regular updates.
Again not audio related and not discovery but......

....that is the best use of twitter I have heard of!

Jul 28, 2021 at 8:01 PM Post #58,538 of 99,635
Surely a hype train is so called if the item is not worthy. It is not hype if it is truly awesome!
ridiculous take. no offense. a hype train can have two outcomes. one is worthy of the hype. the other is not worthy of the hype. Lebron was a hype train out of high school. he turned out to be worthy of the hype. Kwame Brown was hyped coming out of high school. he didn't live up to the hype train. Same goes with audio gear. The GK10 are worthy of the hype. The Mofesest Trio? Not so much. The idea isn't "hype train" so they suck. That's just incredibly flawed and stupid thinking if you ask me.

Jul 28, 2021 at 9:40 PM Post #58,539 of 99,635
With all due respect to Geek Wold GK10, I’m ordering from 3DD GeeK Wold GK3 from Penon. Hopefully it arrives in couple of weeks!

Jul 28, 2021 at 10:05 PM Post #58,540 of 99,635
DSC08393.JPG

YanYin Aladdin.

This is a new company that started in 2020. Made up of industry pros that decided to start their own thing. Don't know exactly what the history of the folks that make up this company but I do know one thing. Their very first offering called the Aladdin here is gonna make some waves.

Aladdin is comprised of 3 Knowles BAs and a 9.2mm Biocellulos diaphragm handling the bass. While the configuration is nothing new. What is new is how expertly tuned this product is. Nothing about the package jumps out at me as a premium earphone or anything special, but the sound here is incredibly mature and I can tell has some experts at the helm. For a first time product from a no named manufacturer the sound of this hybrid even out of the box has refinements that is hard to get at the price point.

Tonality is very natural, airy, technically sound, dimensional with a holography that I was not expecting , I can tell they are using two Knowles BAs for the mids here as the imaging in the mids are outstanding, I recognize this design from much higher end offerings something like the TSMR-LAND or even Volts that utilize two BAs firing off in unison to get that mids imaging, the sound is so coherent it has a smoothness borderline silky in tonality.
These remind me of a much cheaper IBasso IT07.

Balancing is superb and has a very nicely refined articulate detailed treble which can make or break a hybrid tuning.
If you have ever heard biological dynamics. AKA VSonic GR07. This particular bass end sounds organic, agile and hits deep with a top of the line texture for sub bass.

Needless to say I am very impressed. These are going to be selling I believe for less than $250. Keep an eye out for this one. Will have some more information when I get it.
Absolutely superb sounding earphones.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2021 at 11:04 PM Post #58,541 of 99,635
Needless to say I am very impressed. These are going to be selling I believe for less than $250. Keep an eye out for this one. Will have some more information when I get it.
Absolutely superb sounding earphones.
Excuse me. I don't know how to write so that you understand that this is really curiosity, and not an attempt to catch you ... You describe the sound of the headphones, and then you say that you have not received them yet. You describe with someone else's words, or as possible? This is really only interest.

Jul 28, 2021 at 11:14 PM Post #58,543 of 99,635
Man I dont describe phones I dont have in my ears! Lol.

That is a pic of my porch at my house. My red porch needs a new paint job. I am the first person on this planet to listen to one, well minus the designers. I don't copy no one elses impressions.

You guys ever see me pulling something like that you can call me out for it.

Here you want proof?

You know whos ISN Solar review this was with all these phones?

Now what does the decrepid red broken down porch look like? Now compare to the Aladdin pic

Unless the folks I am copying my description from has the exact same ugly ass red porch like mine. I dont think so.
Wow nice colored SA6 you got! looking forward Aladin and SA6 comparison👍

Jul 28, 2021 at 11:23 PM Post #58,544 of 99,635
Excuse me. I don't know how to write so that you understand that this is really curiosity, and not an attempt to catch you ... You describe the sound of the headphones, and then you say that you have not received them yet. You describe with someone else's words, or as possible? This is really only interest.
Aha you didnt understand when I wrote on that impression. when I get it. I meant when I get more information on availability, specs and price. Thats what I meant by that.

Jul 28, 2021 at 11:30 PM Post #58,545 of 99,635
With all due respect to Geek Wold GK10, I’m ordering from 3DD GeeK Wold GK3 from Penon. Hopefully it arrives in couple of weeks!
they got a triple DD like the DQ6? @Dsnuts, were you aware of this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back