The discovery thread!
Jul 24, 2021 at 9:36 PM Post #58,291 of 99,642
@Dsnuts Your review is on the head-fi front page in what may be the biggest size image I've ever seen on the front page

EDIT:: It looks like the same size on iPhone, but it takes up a big space on the computer. Maybe that’s how the first thing on the feed always looks on computers?

Dsnuts review.png
Not the best photo of them I shot but hey it made it on the front page.

Geek folks are frantically making these. Lol.

Jul 24, 2021 at 9:52 PM Post #58,294 of 99,642
I'm on the Geek Wold hype train. Paid my money for them today, but they are back ordered, so I'm not sure when they'll actually ship. Been wanting a fun cheapish set to be my daily drivers on a cable with a mic, finally pulled the trigger on the Geeks.

Jul 24, 2021 at 9:53 PM Post #58,295 of 99,642
Well so far so good. Havent seen anyone saying they are average or the usual sound you get from the price so that is a good start.

I know most high end IEM guys will laugh at that cover spread and then is reviewed by a guy named Dsnuts. Lol! A heart shaped earphone. But those guys are the ones that need to hear these. If only to hear what a $45 tribrid can get you now a days. Pppst. $45 dont pay for taxes on one of them fancy cables they use on them TOTLs.

Jul 24, 2021 at 9:53 PM Post #58,296 of 99,642
Cant wait of the first Poindexter to chime in saying they suck. It will happen.

I have a good idea who it will be too. Lol.
Well it certainly won't be me !! haha!....I can't quite see a repeat of the divisive NX7 "wars" (-seems sooo long ago now!)... being played out. WOLD War 3 just aint gonna happen imafo !!....Cheers Ds - your reputation TOTLy intact.....TOTL KUDOS !!

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2021 at 10:01 PM Post #58,297 of 99,642
I'm on the Geek Wold hype train. Paid my money for them today, but they are back ordered, so I'm not sure when they'll actually ship. Been wanting a fun cheapish set to be my daily drivers on a cable with a mic, finally pulled the trigger on the Geeks.

Wise man. See now this is your typical expectation. That they are cheap so they must be fun sounding maybe some big boy bass, and please keep that expectation cus they will completely blow the doors off what you think a $45 earphone should sounds like.

Wait till you hear them. They are gonna mess with you. Lol.

Jul 24, 2021 at 10:02 PM Post #58,298 of 99,642
As trains go....the Geeks supersede any hype on the trans global Penon Express - ready to concur the WOLD...whereby mutual consensus is a given...no frequency graphs required...no modifications....no rivalry fallouts etc. It'll be a brave man indeed methinks, to contradict the harmonious audiophile admiration that this set will achieve!...ready to set the WOLD alight??...You Betcha !! :L3000: :beerchug::L3000:

Jul 24, 2021 at 10:10 PM Post #58,299 of 99,642
Well it certainly won't be me !! haha!....I can't quite see a repeat of the divisive NX7 "wars" (-seems sooo long ago now!)... being played out. Wold War 3 just aint gonna happen imafo !!....Cheers Ds - your reputation kept intact.....TOTL KUDOS !!

I have nothing to do with them. They was gonna be discovered anyway. No way that SQ stays locked and nobody knows about it. No way possible. I give credit to Penon as those folks sent me an early version right away and using DHL express. I should have known they thought highly of them to do that for a budget set. The cost on the shipping is almost the same as the earphones. Lol.

All I did was report what they are. These are gonna make waves and I hope they do a follow up on them with a MK2 or Pro version with a better housing.

Jul 24, 2021 at 10:14 PM Post #58,300 of 99,642
Wise man. See now this is your typical expectation. That they are cheap so they must be fun sounding maybe some big boy bass, and please keep that expectation cus they will completely blow the doors off what you think a $45 earphone should sounds like.

Wait till you hear them. They are gonna mess with you. Lol.
Those bass cabinets are throbbing...they never bleed into the lower mid range etc...micro details...surprise you on a level I've never heard before...you're in a constant state of excitement - bewildered at what these beauties are pumping out!....do they need burn in?...about 33 mins is all !!..WOLD CLASS sonics that make your collection cry....as they adapt to any genre you throw at them: Jazz - no problem. Classical -easy peasy with authentic timbre...Electronica binaural soundscapes - next level ! Bass Resolution?...join the WOLD REVOLUTION !! Reggae / Rap / Dance Music / Rock...Female Vocals....all rendered astoundingly well....can I think of any more positive expletives ?? Yep...Outta This WOLD !!!

Jul 24, 2021 at 10:21 PM Post #58,301 of 99,642
I have nothing to do with them. They was gonna be discovered anyway. No way that SQ stays locked and nobody knows about it. No way possible. I give credit to Penon as those folks sent me an early version right away and using DHL express. I should have known they thought highly of them to do that for a budget set. The cost on the shipping is almost the same as the earphones. Lol.

All I did was report what they are. These are gonna make waves and I hope they do a follow up on them with a MK2 or Pro version with a better housing.
How close is the sound to ISN EST50? I probably want this for my daily commuting.

Thanks

Jul 24, 2021 at 10:29 PM Post #58,302 of 99,642

My money's already waiting for a Pro version- however the sonics are already supreme..in the words of Neil Young: "GEEK on rocking in the free WOLD !!"

Jul 24, 2021 at 10:36 PM Post #58,303 of 99,642
How close is the sound to ISN EST50? I probably want this for my daily commuting.

Thanks
GK10s are great but not EST50 great. This being said. You would be surprised at how well the GK10 hold their own against something like a EST50.

GK10 does a great job at reproducing a solid tribrid sound. Good solid bass. Detailed mids which is not recessed, Treble that is extended and detailed. GK10 is not as dimensional sounding or is it as refined in all parts of the sound. But some may prefer the more even balanced tuning of the GK10 vs the ESTs more bass leaning signature. So not as refined as the EST50 but they aren't gonna leave you thinking it is a cheap sounding either. Can't go wrong with a $45 earphone that sound complete and has a great tuning.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2021 at 10:41 PM Post #58,305 of 99,642

This song is dedicated to the Geekworld IEM! I'll see if I can get a set at the next sale haha.

Chorus:
"I don't care what you might think about me
You can vibe without me if you want
I could be the one to take you home
Baby I could rock the night alone
If we never get down it wouldn't be a let down
But sugar don't forget what you already know
I could be the one to turn you out
We could be the talk across the town
Don't judge me by the color, confuse it for another
You might regret what you let slip away

I'm the geek in the pink pink pink