The discovery thread!
Jun 8, 2021 at 12:16 AM Post #56,956 of 99,276
we have different ears dude, we cant argue. to my ears, both NX7 first version and last version are utterly bad in treble quality, so it hurt my ears even if im half-treble head. As well, their zero musicality, which is even more subjective.

NX7 are in same league as KZ, CCA, TRN IMO...and they use same bellsing BA. Im sensible about timbre, thats my bias. KZ ZS10 PRO offer way better value for similar timbre and perhaps better tonal balance...if it s very important i can compare both.
TheNX7 uses Piezoelectric Ceramic Driver for the highs, not a Bellsing, for all versions of the NX7. So there's that.

Jun 8, 2021 at 12:23 AM Post #56,957 of 99,276
damn stop guys....just stop LOL
i scan every info and im like...ok, its no hyper look at me things.

my brain already try to find a way to grab those....

is it a new or oldish IEM?

Oh, man, trying to explain the abstract sound world isnt easy indeed, at least for me which im french too, tbh, im 100% always disappointed by what i write. You can pretend to be confident, but as soon as you enter ''third eye'' critical listening mode you have doubt. I'm full of doubt. Thus i will never be a self proclaim audio guru like some...wannabe. With the help of some graphs to compensate lack of confidence....in audiophile doubt.

Common people dont even get our geeky blabla..

But at least, it help to figure sound portrait when they does. I guess.

Im more intrigue by those than the AWW hybrid.

Jun 8, 2021 at 12:25 AM Post #56,958 of 99,276

Oh, man, trying to explain the abstract sound world isnt easy indeed, at least for me which im french too, tbh, im 100% always disappointed by what i write. You can pretend to be confident, but as soon as you enter ''third eye'' critical listening mode you have doubt. I'm full of doubt. Thus i will never be a self proclaim audio guru like some...wannabe. With the help of some graphs to compensate lack of confidence....in audiophile doubt.

I guess you're referring to the 3DT. It's fairly new, just came out last year December I believe. Try to grab it, it is one hell of an iem.

Jun 8, 2021 at 12:30 AM Post #56,959 of 99,276
TheNX7 uses Piezoelectric Ceramic Driver for the highs, not a Bellsing, for all versions of the NX7. So there's that.
yes....the upper highs are cover by piezo. its more about low-mid treble here for me. highs cover large spectrum (about 3-20khz)
Give a try to BQEYZ SPRING2 mate, i think youll like it...and if your a treble head ''like me'', well, i pull off the mesh to have more treble energy, air, imaging openness etc.

sorry if i look rude, it was cause of the ''Hahaha'' thing...you have all the right to enjoy NX7mk3 and once we know we are different, well , i will not argue to convince you of my tonal preference. But i can suggest you other piezo hybrids that i feel is a step up for me. Just in case.

Jun 8, 2021 at 12:37 AM Post #56,960 of 99,276
yes....the upper highs are cover by piezo. its more about low-mid treble here for me. highs cover large spectrum (about 3-20khz)
Give a try to BQEYZ SPRING2 mate, i think youll like it...and if your a treble head ''like me'', well, i pull off the mesh to have more treble energy, air, imaging openness etc.

sorry if i look rude, it was cause of the ''Hahaha'' thing...you have all the right to enjoy NX7mk3 and once we know we are different, well , i will not argue to convince you of my tonal preference. But i can suggest you other piezo hybrids that i feel is a step up for me. Just in case.
I auditioned the Spring 2. Liked it, but felt the stage was a bit narrower than Penon Orb.
Recently the BQEYZ Summer is garnering rave reviews. Did you have chance to listen to it? I will have it for review this month or next month. Presently Moonddrop Aria is on its way to me.

Jun 8, 2021 at 12:45 AM Post #56,961 of 99,276
Can anyone tell me when the Aliexpress Summer Sale is starting this year? Or is it starting at all?

Jun 8, 2021 at 12:50 AM Post #56,963 of 99,276
Jun 8, 2021 at 12:54 AM Post #56,964 of 99,276
Thank you.
Sales start on the 15th of June and continue through the 22nd. I'm not sure which of these dates will be affecting sales on audio gear, so keep an eye out for good deals.

Jun 8, 2021 at 12:55 AM Post #56,965 of 99,276
I auditioned the Spring 2. Liked it, but felt the stage was a bit narrower than Penon Orb.
Recently the BQEYZ Summer is garnering rave reviews. Did you have chance to listen to it? I will have it for review this month or next month. Presently Moonddrop Aria is on its way to me.
Yes, they're not bad without filter mesh IMO....and Spring2 stage closing can be affected by this very clumsy ''mesh'' too.

All in all, for the price, in stock form, its a fail to my ears. Tamed dynamic, same thick thumpy (Spring serie) bass that lack natural extension-rumble, lack of air.

I review them here lol
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/bqeyz-summer.25085/reviews#review-25938

1am time to sleep for me. See ya mate!

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2021 at 1:00 AM Post #56,966 of 99,276

If you're ever in doubt about how to describe something you're hearing, just post a media link to the song you're listening to in your review. Then you can say "listen to this part of this song. I'm hearing ..." to help people understand. It's a nice way for us to listen along and see if our IEMs are good enough or not to pick up on what you're noticing. It's also a fun way for us to find new artists to listen to. Sometimes it doesn't even have to be that technical. Z Reviews has made quite a youtube following for himself through his non-technical, charismatic audio reviews.

Jun 8, 2021 at 1:00 AM Post #56,967 of 99,276
Sales start on the 15th of June and continue through the 22nd. I'm not sure which of these dates will be affecting sales on audio gear, so keep an eye out for good deals.
Thanks again! I am aiming to buy some CEMA Electro Acousti Cables, so looking out for that primarily.

Jun 8, 2021 at 1:01 AM Post #56,968 of 99,276
If you're ever in doubt about how to describe something you're hearing, just post a media link to the song you're listening to in your review. Then you can say "listen to this part of this song. I'm hearing ..." to help people understand. It's a nice way for us to listen along and see if our IEMs are good enough or not to pick up on what you're noticing. It's also a fun way for us to find new artists to listen to. Sometimes it doesn't even have to be that technical. Z Reviews has made quite a youtube following for himself through his non-technical, charismatic audio reviews.
This is why I include example tracks and which part I am focusing on in my reviews.

Jun 8, 2021 at 1:02 AM Post #56,969 of 99,276
Thanks again! I am aiming to buy some CEMA Electro Acousti Cables, so looking out for that primarily.
If you happen to run across any spectacular deals that you feel like sharing, I think that might be suitable "discovery" content. Maybe... Just be a bad influence on our spending habits.

Jun 8, 2021 at 1:23 AM Post #56,970 of 99,276
If you happen to run across any spectacular deals that you feel like sharing, I think that might be suitable "discovery" content. Maybe... Just be a bad influence on our spending habits.
Will surely do so!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back