The discovery thread!
Jun 7, 2021 at 10:38 PM Post #56,941 of 99,762
Indeed mate, will see if i get it or not and put it on my growing ''must-try'' list...
Been a while i didn't dig deep into audio, any other must-try lol??

AD INFINITUM IEM COLLECTION!
(typing this postman ring at my door and give me a TANYA! playing with eartips right now, concluding KZ Starlines open the sound. promising)
There's only other iem in my collection that I know I won't be letting go no matter what - UM 3DT. It's freaking good! Love it to bits! First DD that made me go head over heels!

Jun 7, 2021 at 11:15 PM Post #56,942 of 99,762
Jun 7, 2021 at 11:23 PM Post #56,943 of 99,762
Though I will grant you the V shaped sig...peaky treble?! HEHE HAHA HEHE HAHA HEHE HAHA...NAH!
Well, mate, if you're able to listen to the NX7 MKwtv disaster, your sure IMMUNIZE to peaky treble.
Congrats!
Among the worst IEM i ever heard. nj

Jun 7, 2021 at 11:27 PM Post #56,944 of 99,762
There's only other iem in my collection that I know I won't be letting go no matter what - UM 3DT. It's freaking good! Love it to bits! First DD that made me go head over heels!
OH....a little pricey but still under 500$ budget barem.

And single DD is my NO1 audiophile drug.

Will give it a check too.

And stop horsing around, HZ Mirror are F miracle.

Jun 7, 2021 at 11:31 PM Post #56,945 of 99,762
Times like these are when I wish head-fi had a "haha" reaction ala Facebook. XD

TinHifi P2 was not a big hit, and wasn't as critically well received due to the price tag of ~$350. So TinHifi decided to retune it, give shells an 18K gold electroplating, and raise the price by almost twice. Smart move.

They also recommend a source with >1W (@32 ohms?) output which pretty much makes 99% mobile devices (DAPs/dongles) out there "unsuitable" for powering these. I mean, at that point you can just get a second-hand Hifiman Ananda or Dan Clark Aeon Flow Closed/Open.

I really don't get TinHifi's direction here, but here's hoping this one performs as well as other IEMs in that range when fed into a proper amp.
If Im not mistaken the Hifiman Ananda has a deceptively high efficiency for a planar headphone to the point where it's used as a selling point.

Presumably this still means a dedicated amplifier is recomended but doesn't need to be particularly powerful.

Jun 7, 2021 at 11:37 PM Post #56,946 of 99,762
Well, mate, if you're able to listen to the NX7 MKwtv disaster, your sure IMMUNIZE to peaky treble.
Congrats!
Among the worst IEM i ever heard. nj
Which one? the NX7 MkIII is not peaky in the least. The original NX7 had the rep of being peaky, but even that was exaggerated. Now those early KZ's were peaky. The old SFR's were peaky. The TFZ Kings are peaky. The Toneking Shockwave III was peaky. CCA C12? PEAKY! Those are peaky. The Senns and NX7's? NAH.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2021 at 11:40 PM Post #56,947 of 99,762
Though I will grant you the V shaped sig...peaky treble?! HEHE HAHA HEHE HAHA HEHE HAHA...NAH!
Actually, two of my friends will agree with you, while two others agree with me...so I think it's kind of individual preference.

Jun 7, 2021 at 11:42 PM Post #56,948 of 99,762
OH....a little pricey but still under 500$ budget barem.

And single DD is my NO1 audiophile drug.

Will give it a check too.

And stop horsing around, HZ Mirror are F miracle.
NEWSFLASH: It is 3 DD!! 2 7mm DD for Bass, 1 10mm CNT DD for Mids and Highs!

You have a $500 budget bar? Nice...I just bought TSMR Land...I wish I could have something like the budget bar too...

Jun 7, 2021 at 11:51 PM Post #56,949 of 99,762
NEWSFLASH: It is 3 DD!! 2 7mm DD for Bass, 1 10mm CNT DD for Mids and Highs!

You have a $500 budget bar? Nice...I just bought TSMR Land...I wish I could have something like the budget bar too...
say whaaaat...thats some bally multi drivers. wait a sec...i think i see that on hifigo and was sceptikal but intrigue at same time.
hum, interesting.
Why not a threesome DD instead of just one if their all good?

Andtheir no strange bloom among all those DD??

Jun 7, 2021 at 11:55 PM Post #56,950 of 99,762
Which one? the NX7 MkIII is not peaky in the least. The original NX7 had the rep of being peaky, but even that was exaggerated. Now those early KZ's were peaky. The old SFR's were peaky. The TFZ Kings are peaky. The Toneking Shockwave III was peaky. CCA C12? PEAKY! Those are peaky. The Senns and NX7's? NAH.
we have different ears dude, we cant argue. to my ears, both NX7 first version and last version are utterly bad in treble quality, so it hurt my ears even if im half-treble head. As well, their zero musicality, which is even more subjective.

NX7 are in same league as KZ, CCA, TRN IMO...and they use same bellsing BA. Im sensible about timbre, thats my bias. KZ ZS10 PRO offer way better value for similar timbre and perhaps better tonal balance...if it s very important i can compare both.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2021 at 11:56 PM Post #56,951 of 99,762
delete...double message

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2021 at 11:59 PM Post #56,952 of 99,762
say whaaaat...thats some bally multi drivers. wait a sec...i think i see that on hifigo and was sceptikal but intrigue at same time.
hum, interesting.

UM 3DT is definitely 1 iem I would not sell as well

Jun 7, 2021 at 11:59 PM Post #56,953 of 99,762
hum, interesting.

No strange bloom! The signature is slightly on brighter side! Bass is tight and controlled despite having two DDs for bass. Excellent clean and crisp sound, very good transparency, wide and open spacious presentation...in fact, why not go through my review? I have compared it with 4 iems:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/unique-melody-terminator-3dt.24922/review/25690/

Jun 8, 2021 at 12:02 AM Post #56,954 of 99,762
No strange bloom! The signature is slightly on brighter side! Bass is tight and controlled despite having two DDs for bass. Excellent clean and crisp sound, very good transparency, wide and open spacious presentation...in fact, why not go through my review? I have compared it with 4 iems:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/unique-melody-terminator-3dt.24922/review/25690/
yep why not at this stage lol

i think you write well, read your I300 review and enjoy it!

you know, i still struggle about this ''tonal subjectivity'' bias, especially when its a crush....so now i will know how it work for you when you have a crush too:wink:

Jun 8, 2021 at 12:10 AM Post #56,955 of 99,762
yep why not at this stage lol

i think you write well, read your I300 review and enjoy it!

you know, i still struggle about this ''tonal subjectivity'' bias, especially when its a crush....so now i will know how it work for you when you have a crush too:wink:
I already have my crush with 3DT :beyersmile: cannot live without it...In fact, even when I was listening to UM Mirage, I found myself going back for the 3DT every once in a while. In the UM 3DT thread, everyone who owns 3DT confirms this - even though they might have more expensive gears, they always at some point go back to 3DT. It is always in the rotation.

Thank you for the appreciation :smiley: I try to put my feelings into words as truly as possible. I am not yet very much adept in understanding precipitation of notes, dynamics, etc. So I leave them out of my reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back