The discovery thread!
Jun 2, 2021 at 7:00 AM Post #56,851 of 99,249
Cool! You have the IT01x now!

Can I ask which tips these were measured with? Currently using double-flange tips on them as fit is finicky for my ears.

Any initial impressions?
Haha, no. This is from @MRSallee, I dont have it.

Jun 2, 2021 at 7:04 AM Post #56,852 of 99,249
Haha, no. This is from @MRSallee, I dont have it.
Oh LOL. Thought it was yours 😅😂 Just saw his DP. Is he Super*Reviews?

I do wonder how much the tips affect the signature. Nozzle might be the worst design, subjectively speaking, I've ever encountered. Lost one O-ring already with tip rolling. The O-ring also moves out of place when you change tips in more cases than one, which then creates a vent that significantly lessens bass quantity. Good thing there was an extra pair included in the box.

Edit: I might have gotten a suboptimal fit in my initial impressions. With the deeper and more secure insertion made possible by the double-flange tips I am currently using, this is DEFINITELY V-shaped. Bass is physical.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2021 at 7:06 AM Post #56,853 of 99,249
Oh LOL. Thought it was yours 😅😂 Just saw his DP. Is he Super*Reviews?

I do wonder how much the tips affect the signature. Nozzle's still the worst design I've ever encountered. Lost one O-ring already with tip rolling. Good thing there was an extra pair included in the box.
Yes, he is Super*Reviews.

Tips definitely do change the sound. But from what I have seen, it mostly affects the treble (on a graph) but that still affects the overall tonality since we do hear everything as a whole.

Jun 2, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #56,854 of 99,249
... Some more unbelievable info from GS Audio.

I asked them if they got any iems with sonion ESTs.

Screenshot_20210601-123156.png

2 BA + 2 EST = 2080 Yuan = 326 usd
6 BA + 2 EST = 4280 Yuan = 670 usd
8 BA + 4 EST = 5280 Yuan = 827 usd
1 DD + 2 BA + 2 EST = 2380 Yuan = 373 usd

They also mentioned that they have some iems that arent listed right now but they will add them.
Your first post about GS audio already got my attention but this... If they are any good my wallet is going to hate me:sweat_smile:

Good thing that I currently work 3x what I'd usually do (due to Covid) at my parttime job so I have quite a bit of extra cash.

Anyway looking forward to you opinions when you get your GD3A and GD11 in.

Jun 2, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #56,855 of 99,249
I expect the drums sound awesome on Bravado Mk.II due to the bass, but how does the string instruments and other percussion instruments sound? Acoustic guitar, snare drums, rhythm guitars,lead guitars, etc., malke vocals also? These are very crucial for me.

And,how is the stage, separation, and imaging of Bravado Mk.II compared to 3DT?

Thanks in advance.
DT sounds mire natural in timbre and musicality but Bmk2 has better technicalities which create more magic
Sound. 3DT more relaxed and analogue whilst Bmk2 sounds like very successful crazed audio experiment that works with more dynamics slam and enough fidelity that it grabs your dancing shoes and imagination. Very complementary really. Since Bmk2 have been described as Baby LX the curse is if course wanting to hear those now and spend 2400$ while 3DT are kind of a miracle Unicorn at 319$.
I was even thinking of getting a backup set! BTW The Asian version Bmk2 are drop dead gorgeous tiger eye. The 3DT are lively also. Both respond great to more power and sound best out of a good phone or headphone dac/amp like the Centrance M8V2 or Mojo. Neither has the ambient envelope of full size planars of course like Sendy Aryas or A560SE but those need full size headphone amp to really rock.
Musicteck.com can give you great deals on all of those phones talk to Andrew ...Fab customer service!

Jun 2, 2021 at 9:35 PM Post #56,856 of 99,249
I picked up a TRN V10 on a bit of a lark because it was recommended while I was adding my TRI Starseas and HiBy R3 Pro Sabre to my cart, and they were cheap. I don't think they're quite impressive enough to warrant a full-fledged review, but I will give them credit where it's due: these things sound far more pleasant straight out of the box than they really have any right to. In-nozzle BA drivers and all. The highs aren't piercing and have decent detail. The bass response is highly elevated, as is the mid-bass, so it bleeds a fair bit into the rest of the mids, making the overall tonality quite warm, but it isn't unpleasant. These are also pretty easy to drive, so a nice pairing with a set of inexpensive bluetooth TWS adapters or a bluetooth neckband. The overall tuning reminds me a bit of the TRN V90, being bassy and warm with acceptable resolution in the upper mids and highs, but lacking some texture in the lower mids and bass. It's a club tuning. If you need a cheap pair of IEMs to travel with or something, you could do far worse than these things. My primary recommendation is to choose either the white or black shells. Being made of plastic instead of resin, the clear ones really emphasize the cheap production quality of the enclosures. With the solid colors, you at least don't have to see any glue bleed or delamination within the plastic.

Jun 2, 2021 at 10:37 PM Post #56,857 of 99,249
1622687663198.png

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/geekfly-gf8s.25193/reviews#review-25991
Shockingly good TWS set. I discovered when connected to my players Fiio M15 and Shanling M6 pro. These barely tax the players battery life since it has its own amplification circuit. These things sound better than a lot of wired sets in the similar price range. Which at one point I would have never believed possible.

Jun 3, 2021 at 5:06 AM Post #56,860 of 99,249
These things happen, especially when it's an OEM selling their product direct instead of shelling it for another brand. At least you know it'll be fresh stock and not something they've had kicking around for months. Every cloud and all. Luckily it's only a week's delay in shipment. Some more established companies have had worse delays due to stock/labor shortages. 2020/2021 has been hard on all of us.
Yeah it does feels nice to hear that it is going to be fresh stock, and I didn't know that about other companies taking longer and that makes me feel better, anyway, we'll keep you guys updated on the sound once they arrive!

Jun 3, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #56,861 of 99,249
Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #56,863 of 99,249

Users who are viewing this thread

Back