The discovery thread!
May 10, 2021 at 3:23 AM Post #56,371 of 98,037
Is it good? I auditioned the Mojito and Pink Lady. Mojito was...underwhelming. Pink Lady was utter crap.
Probably not, they (kinera/QOA) know how to make good looking iems but not how to tune them...

May 10, 2021 at 8:05 AM Post #56,372 of 98,037
For the interested. Wild Lee says they'll only sell it on their website.

FB_IMG_1620648235616.jpg

Last edited:
May 10, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #56,373 of 98,037
2021-05-10: Moondrop Chaconne review is up: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/moondrop-chaconne.24110/reviews#review-25837

How this doesnt have any hype at all is beyond me. This is the sole reason why I am looking at other TOTL buds. Like the K Bell-WE and the Samsara K300.

I already gave the title of "Ultra Instinct" to the Dunu EST112, so I will give this the title of "Super Saiyan Blue Gogeta":
GogetaBlue2.gif

Vocal/acoustic music lovers will love this one, endgame worthy in those genres...

May 10, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #56,374 of 98,037
For the interested. Wild Lee says they'll only sell it on their website.

FB_IMG_1620648235616.jpg
BIE Pro + Odyssey HD is a very good deal at $70. Wow, wish I could order them from AliExpress. Sigh.

May 10, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #56,375 of 98,037
For all those Moondrop waifu fans, your wishes have been heard. Probably the most value for money product by them😂

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210510-231206_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210510-231206_Chrome.jpg
    404 KB · Views: 0
May 10, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #56,376 of 98,037
There are a few on the forum with this issue. FWIW, I also have tinnitus.

FiiO has pressure-relieving systems for the FD1, FH1s, FD5, and FH5s. My SeeAudio Yume, Penon Globe, and DK-2001 are easy on my ears with no pressure issues.
At least I know I'm not the only one. It's nice I can ask about different IEMs and can get recommendations for well vented IEMs.

The DK-2001 is indeed very open feeling and comfortable. It's exactly the kind of IEM I enjoy most.

There's kind of a hierarchy for me as it relates to this issue. Non-vented are pretty terrible for me and I won't be buying any more of these in the future. IEMs with a single vent are not ideal, but it seems to depend on where the vent is located and how well it works. When they have 2 or more pinhole vents they are usually just fine. But the best of all are IEMs that have large vents on the external part of the shell.

How does the FiiO pressure relieving system work by the way?

May 10, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #56,377 of 98,037
At least I know I'm not the only one. It's nice I can ask about different IEMs and can get recommendations for well vented IEMs.

The DK-2001 is indeed very open feeling and comfortable. It's exactly the kind of IEM I enjoy most.

There's kind of a hierarchy for me as it relates to this issue. Non-vented are pretty terrible for me and I won't be buying any more of these in the future. IEMs with a single vent are not ideal, but it seems to depend on where the vent is located and how well it works. When they have 2 or more pinhole vents they are usually just fine. But the best of all are IEMs that have large vents on the external part of the shell.

Have you tried earbuds? It sounds like they should suit you more since they are open and there is no pressure build up.

May 10, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #56,379 of 98,037
For all those Moondrop waifu fans, your wishes have been heard. Probably the most value for money product by them😂
Ahhh! Waifu! They could’ve have waifu’s hand ✋ facing upward, so she can hold IEMs. Hopefully they release for each designated IEM characters as IEM stand. Konosuba’s Aqua is actually same sized acrylic stand✌️ @koudairanger sounds like a plan? Additional anthropomorphize strategy.

555FA406-31EA-49C9-AA56-A8573A548F56.jpeg
D3B1FA5D-7A3F-4210-933C-545EBDEB51F1.jpeg

Last edited:
May 10, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #56,380 of 98,037
Ahhh! Waifu! They could’ve have waifu’s hand ✋ facing upward, so she can hold IEMs. Hopefully they release for each designated IEM characters as IEM stand.
@MOONDROP should definitely take note of this!

May 10, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #56,381 of 98,037
@Viajero @BubisUK @nraymond

I find that is a problem for me with silicone tips. So I now only use foam ones.

It's like my ear canals are a pressure chamber with silicone tips and any movement causes slight changes which my ear drums picks up, which changes comfort and the sound I'm hearing (as the ear drum is 'loaded' differently).

Yeah, poorly vented IEMs cause multiple issues for me. First of all, they tend to be the IEMs that I get the worst driver flex with. Secondly, when the pressure isn't just right in my ear canal it causes the sound to be all messed up, as you describe. This makes them extremely finicky and virtually impossible to use during physical movement. They are also simply very uncomfortable in my ears. And finally, they cause the irritated or distressed sensation in my nervous system I described earlier, which really destroys or impairs my enjoyment of what I'm listening to.

May 10, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #56,382 of 98,037
May 10, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #56,383 of 98,037

Your ear pressure sensitivity sounds very similar to mine. I will need to look through the boards here about FiiO's pressure relief sytem. This may take me a day or two. I will also tag @FiiO as they may be more thorough with an explanation and might have the explanation faster than I can gather the information to report back.

Last edited:
May 10, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #56,385 of 98,037
Have you tried earbuds? It sounds like they should suit you more since they are open and there is no pressure build up.
You know, I've been planning to try some quality earbuds. I think I'll buy some very soon (maybe that Moondrop Chaconne model you mentioned). That said, most IEMs still work fine for me. It's just the poorly vented ones that I have problems with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back