The discovery thread!
May 7, 2021 at 8:59 PM Post #56,326 of 99,298
Hey guys, here is my take on the DUNU EST112: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/dunu-est-112.25063/reviews#review-25827
Overall it is smooth and clear sounding IEMS with a silky top end. It is definitely the deal breaker for the EST drivers IEMS and strong competitors in the sub $500 dollars price range. Apart from that, I have to say l really love the design on the EST112, it looks so cool and futuristic.

thumbnail_B7484FA4-28D6-48FD-9705-F06B7DE8D253.jpg

Last edited:
May 8, 2021 at 9:34 AM Post #56,328 of 99,298
Anyone have any experience with these? They look very nice

Ytao Crystal 1DD + 3BA
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002007484281.html
@RikudouGoku just posted same one 6posts above, a bit fishy though. They claim 2DD+3BA(2sonion+1knowles).

all youtube video related to Ytao crystal is deleted, and it used to go by $249, now $139. That alarmed something to me.

I contacted the seller, of reasons why they are selling that cheap, and received “hello, $139”

Last edited:
May 8, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #56,329 of 99,298
@RikudouGoku just posted same one 6posts above, a bit fishy though. They claim 2DD+3BA(2sonion+1knowles).

all youtube video related to Ytao crystal is deleted, and it used to go by $249, now $139. That alarmed something to me.

I contacted the seller, of reasons why they are selling that cheap, and result was this:
hahah, yeah. I contacted them as well asking for a unit. All I got was "1"...literally nothing but a number to me.

I say stay away from them, sounds very fishy to me.

May 8, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #56,331 of 99,298
May 8, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #56,333 of 99,298
Hey guys, here is my take on the DUNU EST112: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/dunu-est-112.25063/reviews#review-25827
Overall it is smooth and clear sounding IEMS with a silky top end. It is definitely the deal breaker for the EST drivers IEMS and strong competitors in the sub $500 dollars price range. Apart from that, I have to say l really love the design on the EST112, it looks so cool and futuristic.

thumbnail_B7484FA4-28D6-48FD-9705-F06B7DE8D253.jpg
The DUNU EST112 is the most interesting IEM to me at around the $500 price point. The DUNU DK-2001 has really impressed me and the driver configuration, along with reviews and frequency response graphs make me pretty sure I would really love the EST112.

May 8, 2021 at 5:00 PM Post #56,334 of 99,298
How good/bad is IA's pressure relief/vacuum effect?
Thanks for asking this. For me it's one of the most important questions about any IEM. I've always known that poorly vented IEMs create a very uncomfortable sensation in my ears. I've written comments about this in the past, but it's only more recently that I've realized just how far reaching the effects are for me.

Basically, I've concluded that I simply can't use IEMs that aren't sufficiently vented. Those sealed all BA IEMs, for example, don't work for me. And I've discovered that if a dynamic driver based IEM isn't sufficiently vented it's even worse.

This problem goes beyond just being "uncomfortable". It actually causes pain and irritation in my nervous system. It's hard to explain, and it took me a long time to fully realize what was going on, but numerous IEMs in my collection that simply didn't sound good to me, despite objectively having many of the qualities I would normally appreciate, sound "bad" due to this effect.

When I just try to focus very analytically on the sound attributes of these IEMs I am able to notice that they don't really sound bad in terms of the normal attributes we tend to judge earphones by. I 'perceive' them as sounding bad or unpleasant due to the discomfort or pain they are causing in my inner ear and nervous system.

In the past I would always try to convince myself that it was this attribute or that attribute of the IEM that made me not like its sound, but I've since realized what the real problem was.

The question I have is, does anyone else suffer from this issue? Do I just have unusual or defective ears? Many of the IEMs that give me problems seem to have great popularity and are well-liked. I haven't really noticed many other people complaining about this issue and when they do it's usually just in terms of fit or comfort in the ears. It's a much deeper and more significant issue for me. If any of you have experienced what I just described please speak up and share your thoughts.

May 8, 2021 at 5:12 PM Post #56,335 of 99,298
Thanks for asking this. For me it's one of the most important questions about any IEM. I've always known that poorly vented IEMs create a very uncomfortable sensation in my ears. I've written comments about this in the past, but it's only more recently that I've realized just how far reaching the effects are for me.

Basically, I've concluded that I simply can't use IEMs that aren't sufficiently vented. Those sealed all BA IEMs, for example, don't work for me. And I've discovered that if a dynamic driver based IEM isn't sufficiently vented it's even worse.

This problem goes beyond just being "uncomfortable". It actually causes pain and irritation in my nervous system. It's hard to explain, and it took me a long time to fully realize what was going on, but numerous IEMs in my collection that simply didn't sound good to me, despite objectively having many of the qualities I would normally appreciate, sound "bad" due to this effect.

When I just try to focus very analytically on the sound attributes of these IEMs I am able to notice that they don't really sound bad in terms of the normal attributes we tend to judge earphones by. I 'perceive' them as sounding bad or unpleasant due to the discomfort or pain they are causing in my inner ear and nervous system.

In the past I would always try to convince myself that it was this attribute or that attribute of the IEM that made me not like its sound, but I've since realized what the real problem was.

The question I have is, does anyone else suffer from this issue? Do I just have unusual or defective ears? Many of the IEMs that give me problems seem to have great popularity and are well-liked. I haven't really noticed many other people complaining about this issue and when they do it's usually just in terms of fit or comfort in the ears. It's a much deeper and more significant issue for me. If any of you have experienced what I just described please speak up and share your thoughts.
I do not have such issue with IEM's, but can relate in some way.
I can not walk with closed back over ear earphones as after a while I get a very distressed feeling to the point that I can not even concentrate on the music, can not explain it even properly, but I am completely fine while listening to them when sitting down. This strange thing led me to the world of IEM's :)

May 8, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #56,336 of 99,298
I do not have such issue with IEM's, but can relate in some way.
I can not walk with closed back over ear earphones as after a while I get a very distressed feeling to the point that I can not even concentrate on the music, can not explain it even properly, but I am completely fine while listening to them when sitting down. This strange thing led me to the world of IEM's :)
Yep, that's exactly the type of sensation poorly vented IEMs give me. And when I'm able to sit at home quietly and perfectly still, and after the pressure normalizes as much as possible, the problem isn't as severe. This is when I can analyze them more analytically.

I wonder why I have this issue when so many others don't seem to. The few times I've had my hearing tested I've always had perfectly normal hearing. I do suffer from allergies and some mild sinus issues, so perhaps this is creating blockages and causing the displaced air to more significantly affect my eardrums.

I suspect a similar thing is causing this issue for you while wearing closed-back headphones. As you move the cups/pads are adjusting and perhaps enough air is being displaced inside the cavity into and out of your ear canals over and over, which is creating the same painful, distressed, irritated sensation in your nervous system as that which happens to me with poorly vented IEMs. It could be that you simply have a less congested sinus system and therefore have a higher tolerance for it. Thus, poorly vented IEMs don't move enough air to bother you, while closed backed headphones during movement do.

May 8, 2021 at 5:56 PM Post #56,337 of 99,298
Yep, that's exactly the type of sensation poorly vented IEMs give me. And when I'm able to sit at home quietly and perfectly still, and after the pressure normalizes as much as possible, the problem isn't as severe. This is when I can analyze them more analytically.

I wonder why I have this issue when so many others don't seem to. The few times I've had my hearing tested I've always had perfectly normal hearing. I do suffer from allergies and some mild sinus issues, so perhaps this is creating blockages and causing the displaced air to more significantly affect my eardrums.

I suspect a similar thing is causing this issue for you while wearing closed-back headphones. As you move the cups/pads are adjusting and perhaps enough air is being displaced inside the cavity into and out of your ear canals over and over, which is creating the same painful, distressed, irritated sensation in your nervous system as that which happens to me with poorly vented IEMs. It could be that you simply have a less congested sinus system and therefore have a higher tolerance for it. Thus, poorly vented IEMs don't move enough air to bother you, while closed backed headphones during movement do.
You are on to something here now. I do have some sinus problems as well, and I never thought this could be related to my issues with closed back cans.

May 8, 2021 at 6:05 PM Post #56,338 of 99,298
May 8, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #56,339 of 99,298
Before this thing goes to cloud of oblivion...
Sennheiser MX90VC, just tried it and it still sounds great, wide sound stage, natural decay, tightly controlled bass..impedance 64ohms😳
The design still makes sense even after 15 years of its release.
The cable is already fully exhausted, maybe this is the last time I would be able to run this, but nonetheless great job Sennheiser!

B7EABCB6-3575-4B50-AE87-24858D85AF4B.jpeg
70D3092C-87D4-4D76-ABF8-7B41909AFC33.jpeg

Last edited:
May 8, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #56,340 of 99,298
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/reecho-sg-03.25114/reviews#review-25833 Your weekend reader. DSC08061.JPG

Reecho SG-03. SG stands for Star Gate. Your about to take off into an unknown bass territory for earphones at this price. These are more than good they are probably the best dynamic bass earphones in the sub $100 category. What is really surprising is they have really good technical chops to go with it actually having some mids and a detailed treble end to boot.

As for bass. Sub bass rumble on these are insane at $69 gets you a lot of earphone now a days and these are proof positive you can get quality at this price. Looking forward to the fellas that bought these, what you all have to say. These are gonna surprise a lot of people.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back