Got the Aria today right before going to E-Earphone
https://banbeu.com/moondrop-aria-2021-first-impressions/

Moondrop Aria Impression #3.png

Apr 6, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #55,803 of 98,037
Apr 6, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #55,804 of 98,037
sorry dbl post

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #55,806 of 98,037
So, thanks to Prime shipping I have the ability to test out USB C use...
1617744672941.jpeg

Connects right up, bass control and track controls while volume is player controlled. Sound is quite good as it should be above the headphone out and it goes ahead of the Koss KPH30i and uses about half the volume of the Koss via the headphone out. Only advantage for the Koss would be when using FM you have the antenna in the HO already and need to plug one in for the Creative. So, if you have USB out you get wired as well.

Apr 6, 2021 at 6:34 PM Post #55,807 of 98,037
I did find the Koss this afternoon...
IMG_1619.JPGIMG_1617.JPG
Still want to burn them in but quick comparison finds them very close. Creative do have the bass enhance button so you kind of get two slightly different responses. Off it might be a smidge cleaner esp. in the mids vs. the Koss and On very close to the KPH signature and warmth. I would like them to have more hours and it was aptX vs. wired as the AP80 I was using doesn't have aptX HD. Right there though and softer more comfy pads on the Creative where the Koss doesn't cover as much of the ear and the pads are a bit scratchy in comparison. I would expect outside in the wind the Creative's bigger and thicker padding will be a better wind screen effect but I'll have to test. Point is I know I wouldn't use the Koss and deal with it's cable and the Koss wireless have 10 hours less battery 22 vs. 12 and they have no bass adjustment or HD codec and the Koss have been known for a couple of issues with BT range or batteries on the wireless model. You don't get the extra set of pads either...
IMG_1612.JPG
The plastics are similar with the KPH30i. As far as the KPH being an "i" version it is one button one mic while the Creative has the three button set up and two mics. Weight with the cable is too close to feel a difference *note I have removed the rubber inner headband from the Koss which adds to the size and weight. Neither fold but both are out of the way when worn around the neck. I don't see any reason not to grab a pair of these if you still want a pair of ultralights and also want to go wireless. Shame few even really make the small on-ear foam pad cans anymore like AKG and Senn used to as did Sony and none do for wireless except for Koss and Creative. I will throw in the Jlab Rewind is another and I have one but won't bother cause they are not going to be competitive except for having a solid BT connection but the controls and sound are not good enough.

Link... https://us.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/sound-blaster-jam-v2

So, thanks to Prime shipping I have the ability to test out USB C use...
1617744672941.jpeg
Connects right up, bass control and track controls while volume is player controlled. Sound is quite good as it should be above the headphone out and it goes ahead of the Koss KPH30i and uses about half the volume of the Koss via the headphone out. Only advantage for the Koss would be when using FM you have the antenna in the HO already and need to plug one in for the Creative. So, if you have USB out you get wired as well.
Seems like a steal, my wife is not comfortable with something like edifier x3(iem like), but is comfortable with her stock earbuds bundled with her iPhone. Most probably this will be really comfortable with bt connection for her. I will order one as soon as I can.

Apr 6, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #55,808 of 98,037
You have discovered your dream earphones and you finally got them in your hands.

What do you pair them with?
Which source? What DAP?
Which DAC/Amp?
Which tips?

Most importantly, how does the setup sound?

If you found audio nirvana, tell us about it, your synergy chain. If not, maybe, just maybe, someone else's setup might be the solution to making your beloved earphones sound fantastic!

New thread "Talking Synergy": https://www.head-fi.org/threads/talking-synergy.957122/

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2021 at 10:55 PM Post #55,809 of 98,037
Apr 6, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #55,811 of 98,037

I know you have never heard of ApeSonic. Another up n coming brand. http://apesonic.com/Product-Rain.htm Though I have a good idea where they are sourcing their headphones and earphones. This model here is their first hybrid in the market since January of this year. Called the Rain, how surprised was I when these look and sound exactly like of all earphones. NiceHCK NX7 MK3s ya and these are not using 7 drivers like the NX7. One 10mm dynamic and one BA. Down to the exact same tonality and sound balancing and even their FR looks eerily the same.

Of course the sound is not exactly the same but I have to wonder after hearing these just how effective use of all them drivers are in the NX7 MK3. I had to go back n forth several time between these and the NX7 MK3 to really tell the differences. Treble detail goes to the MK3 where NiceHCK is using much more drivers. However, this is yet another case where more drivers does not mean more sound. These are so identical I would seriously have a hard time in a blind test. In fact Apesonic reader says the BA is doing the mids and bass but the tonality and ability is so identical to the NX7 I am gonna doubt this. It sounds like the BA is doing treble only and the dynamic is doing the mids to bass just like the NX7 earphones.

Since the Rains are using less drivers the mids actually sound a touch more spacious but sound balancing, tonality and treble emphasis is so very close to the NX7 Mk3 I had a hard time really hearing distinct differences. This being said what bodes well for this hybrid is that these are half the price of the NX7 MK3s. Making them a serious competitor in the $50 price range of hybrids.

Good clarity, Good balance. Good detail and actually sounds a pinch more spacious over the NX7 models. Your not getting 3 filters, a much larger variety of tips, a nicer cable or a pouch but your not paying for them either. In fact they actually offer the shells without the cable that these come with which is your standard skinny copper cable making them $50. $5 more for the cable option.
https://www.newegg.com/ApeSonic-LLC/BrandStore/ID-211312 They got some headphones on the cheap as well using the apesonic rebranding. These are most definitely chifi in disguise. In any case for the money these are easily worth a boot to check out. They sound so much like the NX7 MK3 I can only assume these are made by the same OEM. I know a few guys that own the older NX7 if you wanted to try a cheaper version of the MK3 with stock red filter. These are it. The face plate isn't half bad looking either. Oh I forgot to mention these are mmcx shells instead of 2 pin. Otherwise another contender for the budget fi realm.

A little update on the ApeSonic Rain-JET. Upon careful inspection the housing looks very identical to the housings used on KZ, CCA, KBEAR and NiceHCK earphones but it does look like a variant and not exactly the same. The general shape and dimensions are very similar but I noticed it is resin filled meaning the drivers are encased in resin vs being stuffed in a slot inside the shells. This makes a difference in build quality IMO. Means these should be hard as nails for build. The other slight differences is the thickness of the shells are just ever so slightly bulkier vs the NX7 shells. The more I listen to these the more I am thinking these earphones are solid for the price range and worth a bit more. However with the caveat that your much better off using your own cables and tips.

The included tips and cables are just throw ins. No reason to even consider the $55 version I would go for the $50 version as you can now throw on the Rain-JET a much better cable. The stock cable is exactly the type of cable you will throw in your pile of stock cables and forget about. The Stock tips works but does not optimize sound from the earphones. I do recommend a pure copper variety as something like pure silver might be a bit much for the treble end on these.

I am using the stock cable that came with the Rose QT9-MK2 which is a solid copper cable. So much better and a set of symbio W tips and now we are talking. These aren't gonna win any type of best of award or anything like that but they do have some solid dynamics the old Tin T2 could never achieve with a surprising amount of detail for the money. These have more bass authority and more technical vs the T2+. I will do a more complete comparison vs the T2+ on my review.

These are exactly the type of earphones you can gift to a loved one that is just starting out in the hobby and will be a trojan towards better audio. These remind me a bit of the Fiio FD5 in tuning as well as the overall dynamic sound quality, balancing and tonality is what reminds me of the FD5. I think for the money these are most definitely a good sounding earphone.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back