Mar 20, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #55,546 of 99,714
Mar 20, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #55,548 of 99,714
1616260335798.png

1616260348809.png

Pretty weird shape.

1616260402609.png

1616260414788.png

Mar 20, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #55,549 of 99,714
Aiderlot M5 bass, treble, reference graphs.
1616255786588.png
In your opinion are these worth the price? I am looking for all ba iem, and these look soo nice :)

Mar 20, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #55,551 of 99,714
In your opinion are these worth the price? I am looking for all ba iem, and these look soo nice :)
Depends on your library. These are not for edm, trance, hip-hop or any bass focused music due to that flat bass quantity (and lacking in texture as most ba´s do).

But for acoustic/vocal focused music, these shine. I havent compared it to other iems yet but it isnt offending me with the usual BA timbre or any harsh or grainy or shouty treble.

I will review this so I guess you should wait for it.

Mar 20, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #55,552 of 99,714
Depends on your library. These are not for edm, trance, hip-hop or any bass focused music due to that flat bass quantity (and lacking in texture as most ba´s do).

But for acoustic/vocal focused music, these shine. I havent compared it to other iems yet but it isnt offending me with the usual BA timbre or any harsh or grainy or shouty treble.

I will review this so I guess you should wait for it.
Thanks, I have a lot of acoustic music in my collection :) They are 129£ on amazon uk, so I just might pull the triger 😄

Mar 20, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #55,553 of 99,714
Thanks, I have a lot of acoustic music in my collection :) They are 129£ on amazon uk, so I just might pull the triger 😄
I recommend that you wait for my review at least lol. There is also an upcoming sale on aliexpress coming soon so it be better for you to find out what you should get.

Mar 20, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #55,554 of 99,714
Had the chance to audition a few stuff today, will post short listening impressions here. Do note that these are just impressions and not reviews, but for many gears my impressions don't change too much over time.

Fiio FD5: Fantastic build quality. Stock cable is bad, has a higher internal impedance I think which kinda ruins the signature to a degree. Sounds best with the small nozzle. Good bass that sometimes bleeds into lower-mids, masking low-level details. Upper-mids are fine. Treble has some sparkle but nothing fatiguing. Stage is very wide but depth is lacking noticeably (Final E5000 has much better stage depth). Overall: good value for money if you can replace the stock cable with ~$20 aftermarket ones. Nothing overly special though.

SeeAudio Yume: Design is unique, packaging is extravagant. Stock cable is meh but serviceable.
Sound is sub-bass focused but due to the poor quality bass driver the sub-bass frequencies completely butcher the lower-mids and mid-bass. This results in a presentation that I didn't find very engaging. Vocals are really well-done though esp female vocals. Stage is average, imaging is above-average. Technical performance is that of a $100 IEM. Don't see what's so special here.

Hiby R6 Pro: UI is superb, really well implemented Android. Buttons are nice, so is the design. Sadly that's where the good stuff ends for me. It sounds overly processed with a noticeable edginess in the upper-mid/treble region. Sounds more like a budget dongle than a mid-range DAP. Also reconstruction filters were mostly useless. Not a fan at all.

Moondrop Blessing2: Bass is well-textured. Peaky upper-mids. Lower-treble has a strange forwardness, cymbals are often up front in songs where it should be behind the rest. Very incoherent signature, jarring at times in certain songs. Technically proficient but the tuning isn't for me.

iFi Hip DAC: Fantastic build, absolutely love the color scheme. Volume wheel is super-solid. Sounds exceptionally good for the price. Very dynamic presentation. Has good stage depth. Connection was seamless with Android though it did suck a ton of juice. Definitely a great portable option for those who need to power planars.

Sorry for the lack of pictures, forgot to bring my camera there.

The Yume seems to be quite the polarizing IEM! Having spent weeks with my Yume unit, I would say its technicalities are quite proficient with the right genres. That said, IMO, the Yume is NOT a good performer where the music is bass drum/bass-centric. (If that is the music you listen to mostly, then the Yume is probably not for you). Now with vocal-centric J-Pop, singer/songwriter, small ensemble Classical, woodwinds/violin, etc., well then the Yume is all that and a bag of chips. :)

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #55,555 of 99,714
I recommend that you wait for my review at least lol. There is also an upcoming sale on aliexpress coming soon so it be better for you to find out what you should get.
I have an urge to buy something today 😄 On the serious note, I don't really need anything that badly apart fromm all ba set, and this having Knowles ba's seems a good deal, don't really see a point to pay more for a more known brand.

Mar 20, 2021 at 1:50 PM Post #55,556 of 99,714
I have an urge to buy something today 😄 On the serious note, I don't really need anything that badly apart fromm all ba set, and this having Knowles ba's seems a good deal, don't really see a point to pay more for a more known brand.
Well, the other BA iems I have in mind that will compete against the M5 are the Audiosense DT100 and the DT200. Although I dont need to compare them to be able to tell you that the technicalities on the M5 is definitely better than the both of them, although the timbre on those 2 are probably better and the DT100 definitely has better bass (DT100 sounds very atypical of an BA iem and more like a DD) . So if technicalities are a high priority and you NEED an all-ba iem. I dont really have any other recs to you.

Mar 20, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #55,557 of 99,714
The Yume seems to be quite the polarizing IEM! Having spent weeks with my Yume unit, I would say its technicalities are quite proficient with the right genres. That said, IMO, the Yume is NOT a good performer where the music is bass drum/bass-centric. (If that is the music you listen to mostly, then the Yume is probably not for you). Now with vocal-centric J-Pop, singer/songwriter, small ensemble Classical, woodwinds/violin, etc., well then the Yume is all that and a bag of chips. :)
Does this mean the less you use its DD the better?

Mar 20, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #55,558 of 99,714
So, I lost my mind in December and ordered a bunch of IEM cables and a few IEMs from Ali Express when there was a sale or on special. Yesterday, I began to take stock and realized that I have only one IEM that has QDC connectors, but I have around 6 QDC IEM cords either in my IEM cabinet or still on the way. I got TFZ mixed up with QDC.
What to do??? Why not just order some more IEMs from Ali Express.
I ordered TRN VX and KZ ZSN Pro and KZ AS12 and KZ DQ6 and CCA C12.
I know that KZ DQ6 does not suck, but what about the others.
ZSN Pro is good. ZSX and DQ6 are better in terms of frequency distribution and sound stage but I use mine all the time as my dedicated computer/zoom/cell phone throw-around headset and it sounds perfectly respectable for that.

Mar 20, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #55,560 of 99,714
Does this mean the less you use its DD the better?

Not necessarily. I think it might come down to bass notes with sharp transients maybe? The DD does a fine job for cello and bassoon.

At 0:07 of this song is a drum that the Yume renders poorly:

But it does an okay job with the bass/drums in this song (with heavenly vocals and guitars):

Yet, it does amazing with this with a fantastic rendering of the bow on the strings and the resonance of the cello itself:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back