The discovery thread!
Jan 25, 2021 at 7:29 AM Post #54,406 of 99,760
If anyone need any advices, just ask me away as I have experience with all if not most IEMs. Will definitely help when I am free. Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)
Have you heard Ngaudio IEMs? Compare to Volts? Both are from HK.

Jan 25, 2021 at 7:34 AM Post #54,407 of 99,760
Have you heard Ngaudio IEMs? Compare to Volts? Both are from HK.
Quite some time ago for their 12 drivers IEM. Their latest IEMs I have not tried unfortunately. Cheers.

Jan 25, 2021 at 8:05 AM Post #54,408 of 99,760
Leisurely Audio D7pro

1DD + 6BA

D7pro-1.jpg

D7pro-2.jpg D7pro-3.jpg

D7pro-4.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #54,410 of 99,760
There hasnt been a lot of new released lately. Guess they are slowing down for the chinese new year and we will probably see new stuff after it.

Jan 25, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #54,411 of 99,760
This just in:

IMG_20210125_215014336.jpg

Great package and presentation for the 11 USD I paid:

IMG_20210125_215659788.jpg
Notice how the word mark on the grey pouch is printed/applied better than on the main box where it's uneven and amateurish?

Jan 25, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #54,412 of 99,760
FG for New Product KB EAR KS1!
Looking forward to its release!! :beerchug:

Interesting V-shaped curve. I like the dip at 4K, unsure of that peak at 5.5k. Looks a bit too rounded in the bass for me, mid-bass might get a bit bloomy. Still, I really enjoy the Believe and it has a pretty prominent mid-bass hump. Always fun to see a new product from you guys.

Jan 25, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #54,413 of 99,760
Notice how the word mark on the grey pouch is printed/applied better than on the main box where it's uneven and amateurish?

Yeah well, it does say "Rodefine the listening", which is only a little better than Oppoty and Driams :p

Jan 25, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #54,414 of 99,760
This just in:

IMG_20210125_215014336.jpg

Great package and presentation for the 11 USD I paid:

IMG_20210125_215659788.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, you ever had CCA CST, right?
Would be interesting to compare.
I still in a mission to find Rock Zircon replacement.

Jan 25, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #54,415 of 99,760
Brief first impressions with the Faaeal Poppy:
  • The sound signature can probably be characterised as a bass-emphasised V-shape with an early treble roll-off.
  • I really wasn't very impressed with them out of the box. Muddy, wooly, boomy, compressed sounding.
  • Foam tips exacerbated the issues above. Have put the MH750 tips on them for now, as they seem to bring the bass back under control somewhat.
  • Its need for amplification isn't outrageous. It sits between the TD06 (slightly more efficient) and the SSR/SSP (markedly less efficient) in terms of drivability.
  • Male vocals can sound "wrong" because there is copious mid-bass bloat. In After the Rain's Natsuzora to Soumatou, Soraru's voice (which tends to be drier and deeper) is getting lost in the no man's land that is the lower mids. Mafumafu's voice is particularly recessed because his voice is more boyish and thus lands in the even more no man's land that is the lower-to-upper mids transition. I have reduced the bass with EQ, but said vocals can still sound veiled or loose somehow.
  • Female vocals are represented more cleanly because they fall on the right slope of the V.
  • There's not much treble detail here. In Dire Straits' Romeo and Juliet, the drummer is supposed to be striking the cymbals at two locations: close to the stem, and on the rim. All cymbal notes sound the same from the Poppy. It's probably for the best if you are reviewing your own recordings but do not possess any cymbal technique to speak of.
  • The CCA CST is basically the Poppy but with far fewer problems tonally. Unless you have extremely small ears and/or ear canals, just buy the CST instead.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #54,416 of 99,760
I am a bit late to the KBEar Believe party but better late than never! I received this courtesy of a friend.

Firstly, I swapped the stock cable for Dunu DUW-03 to facilitate with various source/output matching. Given the Believe is quite power hungry (the LG G7 sounded very bloated and lifeless/muddy) I went straight for the most powerful amp I've got with me: the Cayin iHA-6. 2.2W @ 32ohms from the single-ended out, I highly doubt any IEM out there would need more than this. I also used Spinfit CP-100 tips. I'm laying these all out just to make sure people know that I'm powering them properly, got one of the best cables out there paired with them, and the tip/fit is not an issue.

I will summarize the sound section: the bass has a nice mid-bass punch but lacks sub-bass rumble. The sub-bass sounds very "one-note", it's basically a deep hum without any rumble and physicality. The lower-mids are thin and I prefer a bit more "meat on the bones". Nonetheless, it's not too scooped there but male vocal lovers would be better served by Final E4000. Female vocals are more up-front but can get shouty (it was for me). The lower treble is a bit more problematic than the mid. It has good amount of presence but has a metallic sheen to the timbre and I feel like there's some ringing around 4.5/5KHz. This causes fatigue over long sessions for me, esp with poorly mastered tracks. Nonetheless, treble extension is definitely competitive in the price bracket.

Finally, the soundstage/imaging/instrument separation. These are definitely the most impressive aspects of the Believe. Soundstage is above average, imaging is very good for a single-DD in this price bracket and instrument separation is above-average too. I can easily see this being a "gaming" IEM for many due to these properties. This is also why I think many of the owners love them.

I plan to write the full review soon and will compare this against some of my single-DD IEMs (Final E5000, Pinnacle P1) along with Dunu Zen/Luna due to the novel driver material (as advertised).

IMG_9586.JPG

IMG_9592.JPG

Jan 25, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #54,418 of 99,760
KB EAR BELIEVE USERS: Sony ZR1 EQ Profile

I have created an Equalizer APO profile that mimics the frequency graph of the Sony ZR1. I've never heard the Sony, so I'm only going off of the dB dips and valleys and compensating for them using the Peace add-on of Equalizer APO.

Google drive link to the .peace file for you to try out. I think the bass is still overdone, but the subbass diff between the Believe and the ZR1 is like 7dB. I only shift it like 5. Anyone else who A: has a ZR1 and a Believe and B: knows how to use Peace, by all means, refine this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z39coyLXG4eoHel0XZWSyuRNXwvKon2M/view?usp=sharing

Jan 25, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #54,419 of 99,760
I am a bit late to the KBEar Believe party but better late than never! I received this courtesy of a friend.

Firstly, I swapped the stock cable for Dunu DUW-03 to facilitate with various source/output matching. Given the Believe is quite power hungry (the LG G7 sounded very bloated and lifeless/muddy) I went straight for the most powerful amp I've got with me: the Cayin iHA-6. 2.2W @ 32ohms from the single-ended out, I highly doubt any IEM out there would need more than this. I also used Spinfit CP-100 tips. I'm laying these all out just to make sure people know that I'm powering them properly, got one of the best cables out there paired with them, and the tip/fit is not an issue.

I will summarize the sound section: the bass has a nice mid-bass punch but lacks sub-bass rumble. The sub-bass sounds very "one-note", it's basically a deep hum without any rumble and physicality. The lower-mids are thin and I prefer a bit more "meat on the bones". Nonetheless, it's not too scooped there but male vocal lovers would be better served by Final E4000. Female vocals are more up-front but can get shouty (it was for me). The lower treble is a bit more problematic than the mid. It has good amount of presence but has a metallic sheen to the timbre and I feel like there's some ringing around 4.5/5KHz. This causes fatigue over long sessions for me, esp with poorly mastered tracks. Nonetheless, treble extension is definitely competitive in the price bracket.

Finally, the soundstage/imaging/instrument separation. These are definitely the most impressive aspects of the Believe. Soundstage is above average, imaging is very good for a single-DD in this price bracket and instrument separation is above-average too. I can easily see this being a "gaming" IEM for many due to these properties. This is also why I think many of the owners love them.

I plan to write the full review soon and will compare this against some of my single-DD IEMs (Final E5000, Pinnacle P1) along with Dunu Zen/Luna due to the novel driver material (as advertised).

IMG_9586.JPG
IMG_9592.JPG

will you test Cayin C9?
I had in my head IHA-6 and IDAC-6 since they are out and now idac-6 has an MK2 release with double oputput stage (SS and Tube)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back