The discovery thread!
Jan 22, 2021 at 4:04 AM Post #54,211 of 99,796
Ok first up.. MT300:

The bottom end boasts impressive extension and good impact but that’s where the good ends for me. Even though most of time, bass stays controlled, it sounds very disjointed from the rest of the frequency range and hollow. The midrange can be simply described as recessed, boasting average clarity for the price but sounding a little thin at times. Treble response is a bit spiky and unfortunately quite metallic sounding for me. I can’t shake the feeling that MT300’s dry mids and hard-edged treble together remind me of old defunct Fisher Audio products. Sorry but cannot recommend this one.

Phew! Thank Goodness others like it, or the MT300 would be in trouble without the recc.

Jan 22, 2021 at 4:27 AM Post #54,212 of 99,796
Jan 22, 2021 at 4:36 AM Post #54,213 of 99,796
Jan 22, 2021 at 4:44 AM Post #54,214 of 99,796
Ok first up.. MT300:

The bottom end boasts impressive extension and good impact but that’s where the good ends for me. Even though most of time, bass stays controlled, it sounds very disjointed from the rest of the frequency range and hollow. The midrange can be simply described as recessed, boasting average clarity for the price but sounding a little thin at times. Treble response is a bit spiky and unfortunately quite metallic sounding for me. I can’t shake the feeling that MT300’s dry mids and hard-edged treble together remind me of old defunct Fisher Audio products. Sorry but cannot recommend this one.
What a horrible thing to say! :wink: I am hearing them completely differently and I would be using them all the time, but it would make me feel bad for all the other IEMs I have that go unused.

Jan 22, 2021 at 5:08 AM Post #54,215 of 99,796
Ok first up.. MT300:

The metallic sound in the highs ameliorate after a few days and the mids sweeten up. What the MT300 cannot do is accurately play classical music. The spacial features are fine, but violins sound thin and the BA timbre is off. I find they work for lots of music but they need some time to open up.

Jan 22, 2021 at 5:28 AM Post #54,216 of 99,796
The metallic sound in the highs ameliorate after a few days and the mids sweeten up. What the MT300 cannot do is accurately play classical music. The spacial features are fine, but violins sound thin and the BA timbre is off. I find they work for lots of music but they need some time to open up.

I haven't listened to violin but piano sure does not sound like a piano on these.

Jan 22, 2021 at 8:13 AM Post #54,217 of 99,796
I was also gonna go for mt300 but now I'm in dilemma.
Two-Buttons.jpg

Jan 22, 2021 at 8:15 AM Post #54,218 of 99,796
Two-Buttons.jpg
If it helps, they have started to increase the price of it. You could get it at around 70 usd before and now it is around 80-90 usd.

Jan 22, 2021 at 8:21 AM Post #54,220 of 99,796
If it helps, they have started to increase the price of it. You could get it at around 70 usd before and now it is around 80-90 usd.
I hope I can still find it for that price somehow by asking to the sellers.

Jan 22, 2021 at 8:23 AM Post #54,221 of 99,796
What is your other option?
For sub 100, mt300 was mentioned quite a lot in this thread. I've been keeping an eye on it. Any other suggestions for a sub iem which hits well above its price range?

Jan 22, 2021 at 8:23 AM Post #54,222 of 99,796
I hope I can still find it for that price somehow by asking to the sellers.
You wont lose anything by not asking so sure.

But usually when they start to increase the price because it got a bit hyped, I would look down at that. Especially since the urbanfun left a very bad taste in my mouth...

But I give this one a pass since it did launch at a msrp of around 180 usd.

Jan 22, 2021 at 8:27 AM Post #54,223 of 99,796
My 2021 Too Early But Still Valid Budget Recc : KZ DQ6!!! After 72+ hours of burn in, these triple dynamic driver ditties will be my go to birthday gift for friends and family. The bass has really opened up and are nowhere near as cardboardy as OOTB. Beautifully balanced, well extended, and wide stage. A very full, fun sound for under $30.00. WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!
You person.... got me interested! -.- Never tried KZ 3DD before and I have no idea about KZ lineup long time after getting KPE. But do I need it - NO! LOL looking for excuse to buy it as gift :D

Jan 22, 2021 at 8:27 AM Post #54,224 of 99,796
Two-Buttons.jpg
The positives of the MT300 outweigh the negatives by far. They have detailed bass, sweet mids and nice enough highs, except for classical music, but that's the same for most BA's....timbre of highs. They need time to sound their best. I bought them for £63 and at that price they are a genuine bargain.

Jan 22, 2021 at 8:30 AM Post #54,225 of 99,796
For sub 100, mt300 was mentioned quite a lot in this thread. I've been keeping an eye on it. Any other suggestions for a sub iem which hits well above its price range?

With the NM2+ and A7 and the Heart Mirror in your sig you can certainly, like RikudouGoku said, give them a pass. Yes, that money is burning that hole through your wallet but you can fight it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back