The discovery thread!
Apr 25, 2020 at 11:04 PM Post #47,071 of 98,039
Sass, and some brutal honest in my latest video review about FiiO BTR5 :)

If anyone is a fan of the 1More Stylish IEMs, or 1More Quad Driver I made a full in-depth written review about both :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2020/04/1more-quad-driver-iems-and-stylish-tws.html

1-More-TWS-True-Wireless-APT-X-ANH-Active-Noise-Cancelling-NC-IEMs-Earbuds-Earphones-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-21.jpg

I'm thiiiiiis ->||<- close, to ordering a BTR5. I keep going to the FiiO AliExpress store, and almost clicking Buy Now... :ksc75smile:

Apr 26, 2020 at 8:53 AM Post #47,072 of 98,039
I'm thiiiiiis ->||<- close, to ordering a BTR5. I keep going to the FiiO AliExpress store, and almost clicking Buy Now... :ksc75smile:

How do you plan on using it?

I am a big fan of it

But it sounds better on wired than BT, so if you'll be the kind who has an obsession to make it sound the best it physically can, you may want to consider that :)

It is a great little thing, should come in handy if you have a usage scenario for it :)

Apr 26, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #47,073 of 98,039
I need him here.
Can't think clearly now or for a long time. I am completely broken and trying to get over the virus myself. My brain is trying to force this to not be true. You are making it too real too quickly. Tom knew I could not handle any pressure or fast decisions. Seems like plan that could have waited to even be brought up.

HungryPanda buds are the one he made and were never for sale. Look at our lists. There were many.

All my HungryPanda buds are listed together at the bottom of my list. He kept his listed in the order he created them.

In the end it was always the music. It is how we met. Music not gear. This kind of happened by accident. He always was more excited about a new album than a new piece of gear. He could listen equally happily with a $4 earbud as a $1000 headphone. He never wanted anyone to feel like they had to spend much to enjoy music. He hoped that people were enjoying music and not just obsessing over gear.

My sincerest condolences! I can agree wholeheartedly that Hungry Panda will be missed and he definitely was a poster that I always read with anticipation of his taste and remarks. Never negative, often humble, always with appreciation for the hobby. I think there's been good advice on this thread and I hope the healing process is kind. I'm sad and will miss his input. I often looked forward to hearing you two play off one another and always thought, what such a splendid thing to both be in the hobby and enjoying music together.

Apr 26, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #47,074 of 98,039
How do you plan on using it?

I am a big fan of it

But it sounds better on wired than BT, so if you'll be the kind who has an obsession to make it sound the best it physically can, you may want to consider that :)

It is a great little thing, should come in handy if you have a usage scenario for it :)

I've got a Radsone ES100, and at work, I use it both ways - wired to the PC (music, training, & teleconferencing), and BT to my phone (phone calls at my desk and in the Labs).
The 2.5mm TRRS output is used 90% of the time.
Have you used an ES100, and can you compare the audio performance of the BTR5 and ES100?
Thanks!

Apr 26, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #47,075 of 98,039
Took them long enough to upgrade the horribly outdated and outclassed SE series. Interested to see how well they've tuned these, and also waiting for the proper SE846/KSE series successor.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://www.phileweb.com/news/d-av/202004/25/50229.html
Think we have a answer of sorts and it doesn't seem good. Some Quotes from Sean Sullivan director of Listening products for Shure product management...

"Sullivan said, "Our core products, SE315, SE425, SE535, have never been updated in the last few years," and the reason is "simply these earphones have the same sound quality as before. It's the best, "he explained.

"There's an American saying," don't fix things that aren't broken. "Just like that, we didn't touch these great earphones," Sullivan said.

At Shure, we spend many years developing new products to keep the quality of our products high. Since he pays close attention to the earphone design, it takes 2-3 years, sometimes 8 years, to develop a new product. Therefore, unless there is a special reason, he rarely updates existing earphones. "But this time, it's finally here," Sullivan declared strongly."(Hmmm, getting old and passed by is not a good enough reason?)

" keen to bring back the E4C soul." and " We kept the E4C's heavy, well-balanced sound "

Then another listening product team member, Steve Merrick, on the Aonic5...

"an earphone that was inspired by the SE535 to further evolve the SE535 and add new functions"(like the mention of function but not SQ)
" The balance nozzle, as the name implies, provides a sound similar to the SE535 "

Doesn't sound so hot if you think the SE535 is outclassed now. Only new thing would really be the hybrid. Not a bad thing to have the E4C back again with the ability to change cables it is still a bit of classic though the price of the new one could be lower. Only thing really new is the hybrid. The Mr. Nemoto "recommendation" of the hybrid seems telling as that is probably the best one. Maybe if you try the 5 you'll judge the 4 as worse and skip them all so he wants you to try the 4 :)

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2020 at 6:39 PM Post #47,076 of 98,039
I've got a Radsone ES100, and at work, I use it both ways - wired to the PC (music, training, & teleconferencing), and BT to my phone (phone calls at my desk and in the Labs).
The 2.5mm TRRS output is used 90% of the time.
Have you used an ES100, and can you compare the audio performance of the BTR5 and ES100?
Thanks!

I don't have an ES100, but BTR5 is about the same level as an M6, or even close to M9, when on wire, so probably beats the ES100. I tried to get one, but couldn't find any available anywhere near me recently.

Apr 26, 2020 at 10:51 PM Post #47,077 of 98,039
I've got a Radsone ES100, and at work, I use it both ways - wired to the PC...

Would you mind elaborating on this - I'm a bit new to this but I thought the ES100 can only be used as a wireless DAC, not wired?

Apr 26, 2020 at 11:20 PM Post #47,078 of 98,039
Would you mind elaborating on this - I'm a bit new to this but I thought the ES100 can only be used as a wireless DAC, not wired?
1587957627130.png

Apr 27, 2020 at 1:21 AM Post #47,079 of 98,039
tested my friend chifi iem
Mofasest m14
Excellent sound: punchy bass, neutral with very clear details, forward.
image0.jpgimage2.jpggraph.png
Soooo beautiful! Graph is also near-perfect for my ears. But price... out of my league, again :frowning2:

Anyway, want to try out Thieaudio Legacy 3 next but have to wait...

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2020 at 5:40 AM Post #47,080 of 98,039

I haven't seen the ads that @superuser1 posted, but I can say that the ES100 can be used both wired & wirelessly, at the same time. So, you can be using it as a USB DAC, listening to music, and then take a call using BT from the phone.

Apr 27, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #47,081 of 98,039
Apr 27, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #47,082 of 98,039
Apr 27, 2020 at 9:46 PM Post #47,083 of 98,039

Users who are viewing this thread

Back