The discovery thread!
Apr 16, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #47,012 of 99,294
I am literally nobody but the man reacted to my messy posts for whatever reason which made me feel welcome, despite not having anything to contribute compared to other posters. And as a very long time lurker I was always interested in his posts and discoveries too. Thank you very much. Rest in peace.
This hit me hard believe it or not. Two people I respect lost their lives to the virus in one day (a very pleasant voice actor also, only at 55). My condolences.

Apr 16, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #47,013 of 99,294
Let’s clap tonight (depending on where you are) for Tom. He worked in a hospital. Very long unsociable hours too.
In the UK we clap the NHS at 8pm British Summer Time on Thursdays. My clap will be for the one and only HP.

Apr 16, 2020 at 9:33 AM Post #47,014 of 99,294
Let’s clap tonight (depending on where you are) for Tom. He worked in a hospital. Very long unsociable hours too.
In the UK we clap the NHS at 8pm British Summer Time on Thursdays. My clap will be for the one and only HP.

They need PPE not claps, this makes me really sick.

Apr 16, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #47,016 of 99,294
I was punched in the gut and brought to tears when I was informed of Tom's passing yesterday, and I'm brought to tears reading the comments here. Tom was an incredibly nice person - just a lovely guy. His presence here will be missed greatly. We've all lost a good friend.

My deepest condolences go out to you Mary.

Apr 16, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #47,017 of 99,294
I know some websites reviewed Q5s already, but I did so as well, and copied my work on Head-Fi as well :)

Seems there was no page for it, which got me confused at first, but now it exists :)

More on the Modular DAC/AMP from FiiO, sporting all the BT codecs there are, and a nifty selection of inputs and outputs

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2020/04/fiio-q5s-modular-dacamp-review.html

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/fi...if-line-input.24314/reviews#item-review-23550

FiiO-Q5S-APT-X-THX-Modular-DAC-AMP-Portable-Amplifier-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-20.jpg

Apr 16, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #47,019 of 99,294
I have limited my activity here to a passive reading of your posts recently but after reading the devastating news I would like to stand up and pay my last respects to one of us, a great human being and a fantastic audio explorer...

May he rest in peace in the audio heaven listening to his favourite music forever!

I am so sorry for your loss @mbwilson111

P.s.
Do you happen to know what Panda's favourite artist/band was or his favourite song? If yes please tell us so that we could all play it today in his memory...

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #47,020 of 99,294
They need PPE not claps, this makes me really sick.
Maybe, but I’m not sure what you or I can do about that. So in the meantime we clap. And I’m not sure what your comment has to do with mine or Tom right now.

Apr 16, 2020 at 11:24 PM Post #47,021 of 99,294
I have limited my activity here to a passive reading of your posts recently but after reading the devastating news I would like to stand up and pay my last respects to one of us, a great human being and a fantastic audio explorer...

May he rest in peace in the audio heaven listening to his favourite music forever!

I am so sorry for your loss @mbwilson111

P.s.
Do you happen to know what Panda's favourite artist/band was or his favourite song? If yes please tell us so that we could all play it today in his memory...
I know one thing about the man; and that is he liked alot of music. One of his posts a few months ago, he mentioned Tool. Specifically, the Fear Innoculum album. Thought it was so cool that he was into Tool. Didn't expect that. Didn't expect that he liked other genres of music that I also liked. So tonight, I'm gonna listen to some Tool.

Apr 17, 2020 at 12:54 AM Post #47,022 of 99,294
Sadly I seem to be recovering from the virus. One never recoverers from this type of heartbreak. I know this having never recovered from the loss of my son to suicide in 2010.Tom kept me together.. Sort of.
I don`t know what to say after reading that...

Take a step away from social media and city life, go out to nature for some time and live in the moment.

Apr 17, 2020 at 1:52 AM Post #47,023 of 99,294
I don`t know what to say after reading that...

Take a step away from social media and city life, go out to nature for some time and live in the moment.
On strict lockdown here. I can't leave the house and no one can come here I could still be contagious. I have food that will last for weeks especially now that I have to eat it alone

I just want him back. He promised he was ok. I said I would make tea We decided to just rest our eyes a few minutes first. I think I only closed mine for a minute or two. I looked over at him and he had turned himself slightly away from me. I touched his shoulder and he did not startle awake like he normally would. I jumped up and it looked like he was not breathing. I screamed at him and shook him and his eyes were dead and his mouth was open. I dialed 999. The lady said I had to get him flat on the floor. I tried so hard and could not. I promise I tried so hard. The pain in my body tells me I did. But I failed him. After the response team had gone and and he was lying dead on the living room floor with a ventilator attahed to him and I was waiting with the police officer for the undertaker to come I kept telling Tom I was so sorry to have failed him. I begged to cop to fix him. He was so sorry

I promise I tried. He promised he would be ok

Apr 17, 2020 at 4:07 AM Post #47,024 of 99,294
One part of me compelled to say something, another one tells I should clap my mouth shut because nothing I can do or say could change anything.
I'm angry. I hate to be so helpless and that's exactly how I feel. At the very first moment I thought it was some sick joke, but sadly it wasn't.
This just isn't right. At all.

Apr 17, 2020 at 4:10 AM Post #47,025 of 99,294
I bought Fearless S8F after I bought Topping NX4 DSD... which was originally gonna be paired with the FH7 I was gonna buy....

The Discovery will be in a few days when I get both and hook them up together. I HOPE TO GOD THEY SYNERGIZE NICELY! <3

Come on Fearless S8F + Topping NX4 DSD... Be AMAZING! **crosses fingers**

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back