The discovery thread!
Feb 6, 2020 at 8:29 PM Post #46,487 of 99,688
So a piezoelectric + dynamic? So they are like budget imr iems?
Or perhaps closer to BQEYZ Spring 1 in this case. Won't be surprised if the ceramic tweeter is the same as on the Spring 1 (which is a good thing).

Feb 6, 2020 at 11:15 PM Post #46,489 of 99,688
So I am getting word that business in China has literally stopped due to the corona virus. large sectors, factories, malls. Needless to say audio business in China right now is also being hit hard. I got a tentative date of February 18th to reopen sectors of public space and business but that is tentative. I saw a report today that says what is official out of China is not actually accurate. Some say it is literally double the cases and increasing every day. So it is a scary situation.

The recent NA2 drop might not actually happen due to what is happening right now. The wait time is going to be long or folks just might get a refund I was told. I suppose the same might happen with the recent Shozy 1.4 drop as well.

Feb 7, 2020 at 12:08 AM Post #46,490 of 99,688
So I am getting word that business in China has literally stopped due to the corona virus. large sectors, factories, malls. Needless to say audio business in China right now is also being hit hard. I got a tentative date of February 18th to reopen sectors of public space and business but that is tentative. I saw a report today that says what is official out of China is not actually accurate. Some say it is literally double the cases and increasing every day. So it is a scary situation.

The recent NA2 drop might not actually happen due to what is happening right now. The wait time is going to be long or folks just might get a refund I was told. I suppose the same might happen with the recent Shozy 1.4 drop as well.

Yeah the virus situation in China looks pretty serious. I suspect their manufacturing, distribution and transportation is gonna take a big hit due to the virus outbreak. May be months before their economy and CHIFI production lines get back to baseline IMO.

Personally, I'm holding off on some AE/China purchases for the next few weeks. I'm not scared of getting a virus in the packaging, it'll probably die in transit, I'm more worried that the orders and shipping will get delayed to who knows when.

Tis a real pity after the stellar year of 2019 for CHIFI, I don't remember buying a crap pair of CHIFI IEMs last year, they've really caught up leaps and bounds to the western IEM industry. We are quite fortunate outside China, this outbreak means we have less audio gear to purchase (which may be a good thing actually), but the folks inside are literally dealing with a life and death issue. My thoughts go out to the poor folks inside China battling the virus, I pray that those guys recover soon.

Feb 7, 2020 at 1:51 AM Post #46,491 of 99,688
Yeah the virus situation in China looks pretty serious. I suspect their manufacturing, distribution and transportation is gonna take a big hit due to the virus outbreak. May be months before their economy and CHIFI production lines get back to baseline IMO.

Personally, I'm holding off on some AE/China purchases for the next few weeks. I'm not scared of getting a virus in the packaging, it'll probably die in transit, I'm more worried that the orders and shipping will get delayed to who knows when.

Tis a real pity after the stellar year of 2019 for CHIFI, I don't remember buying a crap pair of CHIFI IEMs last year, they've really caught up leaps and bounds to the western IEM industry. We are quite fortunate outside China, this outbreak means we have less audio gear to purchase (which may be a good thing actually), but the folks inside are literally dealing with a life and death issue. My thoughts go out to the poor folks inside China battling the virus, I pray that those guys recover soon.

i also hold my purchase remembering the situation out there. I'm scared my order will be stuck forever, so better not buying anything. On positive mind, we can save up to buy best things that yet to come (BL-05 is one of them, i can bet big on them). Well i guess i got lucky, my last shipment is i3, they are on my local post office already, and sadly i can't pick up today due my workload, hopefully i can pick them up tomorrow.

Feb 7, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #46,493 of 99,688
Introducing Shuoer "TAPE²" Mod :darthsmile:

I have tried to mod my shuoer tape by covering ~60% area of the metal mesh of the nozzle with 3M micropore tape
photo_2020-02-08_02-11-42.jpg

tapemod.png

compare to unmodded one, shoutiness is almost gone while remain its V-shaped sound signature.

Shuoer "TAPE²" vs JVC FDX1 green filter(most damped one)
jvc tape.png

Feb 7, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #46,494 of 99,688
Introducing Shuoer "TAPE²" Mod :darthsmile:

I have tried to mod my shuoer tape by covering ~60% area of the metal mesh of the nozzle with 3M micropore tape

compare to unmodded one, shoutiness is almost gone while remain its V-shaped sound signature.

Shuoer "TAPE²" vs JVC FDX1 green filter(most damped one)

Still think after run in and w/o that stock cable the Tape are just fine. Of course tips too since just like the cooler brighter cable they included soft tips which, again, contribute to that bright and more sterile tuning.

Problem with your mod is the real Tape problem. The condensation. So that micropore tape will get wet fairly quick. I just monitor and take tips off and wipe dry. Micropore tape will get damp/saturated when conditions are ripe for the condensation and it gets to the screen. People were taking the mesh behind the screens off due to moisture so I doubt they would add back a layer that would have to wait to dry out.

I applaude your effort and don't mean to condensate on your parade but it is what it is. :)

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2020 at 3:06 PM Post #46,495 of 99,688
Still think after run in and w/o that stock cable the Tape are just fine. Of course tips too since just like the cooler brighter cable they included soft tips which, again, contribute to that bright and more sterile tuning.

Problem with your mod is the real Tape problem. The condensation. So that micropore tape will get wet fairly quick. I just monitor and take tips off and wipe dry. Micropore tape will get damp/saturated when conditions are ripe for the condensation and it gets to the screen.
actually I stick it to the screen at the first place, they are stable on the the mesh over a month and so far it works normally without causing any damage to the earphone.
I take it off and put it on multiple times when I do the measurement, it peels off very easily.I live in humid condition (Hong Kong)
As the measurement shown above, it looks completely normal when I undo the mod.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2020 at 7:05 PM Post #46,497 of 99,688
Still waiting for my 11/11 19 order of S6Rui from Linsoul. They sent me tracking number via DHL 3. Days ago but still not picked up by DHL so not shipped and useless. Getting frustrated ...
DHL picked up in Hong Kong today estimated delivery in one week! Invoice shows wrong iem was shipped (pro instead of regular) but BGGG video review says they are very similar so still excited to hear them! The prize I won on 11/11 (tsmr 3) not listed as shipped either...

Feb 10, 2020 at 9:20 PM Post #46,498 of 99,688
Got these in today....
1581385318464.png

Elecom RH2000(aka, for some reason, AMA 25813). Got them on the ol' ebay for $27 shipped from Japan even with the stupid tax. Needed something to attach to the Shuoer Tape stock cable to.:) Both need burn in so that is what is happening currently. Still, like my RH1000BT, a really likable signature just a bigger driver 12mm vs. 10mm and perhaps the RH2000 has more balance and ability going for it. The Tape cable adds to the clarity and space and pushes even more towards a neutral lean. Combo w/o a good seal can be a bit hot in the treble. The RH2000 sound tube is more on the shorter side which does better with longer tips(stock are a bit longer). Pretty impressive so far though. The Elecom is a great buy and what I thought it would be, quite scalable with a better cable.

Feb 11, 2020 at 1:28 AM Post #46,499 of 99,688
The new Blon BL-05: 7-layers ceramic piezoelectric + 10mm CNT unibody dynamic drivers. Retro design. Metal shells. Tons of photographs, no review yet.

earpiece with cable.jpeg
Greatly looking forward to these. I really like the BL-03 aside from just slightly too much mid bass and a bit of weakness in the areas of resolution and separation. I'm hoping the piezoelectric driver will help give the BL-05 a bit more resolution, separation, airiness and extension in the highs.

Feb 11, 2020 at 3:09 AM Post #46,500 of 99,688
Got these in today....
1581385318464.png
Elecom RH2000(aka, for some reason, AMA 25813). Got them on the ol' ebay for $27 shipped from Japan even with the stupid tax. Needed something to attach to the Shuoer Tape stock cable to.:) Both need burn in so that is what is happening currently. Still, like my RH1000BT, a really likable signature just a bigger driver 12mm vs. 10mm and perhaps the RH2000 has more balance and ability going for it. The Tape cable adds to the clarity and space and pushes even more towards a neutral lean. Combo w/o a good seal can be a bit hot in the treble. The RH2000 sound tube is more on the shorter side which does better with longer tips(stock are a bit longer). Pretty impressive so far though. The Elecom is a great buy and what I thought it would be, quite scalable with a better cable.

Those looks nice! What other IEM's would you say they have a similar sound signature to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back