The discovery thread!
Dec 9, 2019 at 12:20 AM Post #45,721 of 99,683
at the moment, the only iem's i have to use my amp with are the Senns. the IE800 much more than the 40pro, and the E80's. that's it though. straight out of the sony and cowon with everything else.

Dec 9, 2019 at 1:30 AM Post #45,723 of 99,683
Wow, just received my a55 & all I can say it's beautiful. Far better sounding than my phone + Shanling UP2. :clap::clap::clap:

The soundstage is so big & even bigger with the clear audio+ on. The detail is also much greater than listening to my phone :heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat:

Dec 9, 2019 at 2:58 AM Post #45,725 of 99,683
IMG_7037.jpg

So here they are, the Hisenior A6 (6 Knowles BA per side) with custom faceplate. They showed up last friday and i have spent a few hours with these last weekend.

Quick quick impressions :

I listen to all kinds of stuff and used them with my Shanling M2s, M0 and iPhone X with lightning dongle.

Needed some serious tip rolling for a good fit. I have tried Spinfits in various sizes, Spiral Dots in size S, the stock tips, KZ starlines, wide bore whirlwind kind of tips but i have settled on the generic Aliexpress tips which always do wonders for me.

I have also changed the stock 8 core OCC cable to a NiceHCK 8 core cable because of the fit of the memory wire on the stock cable around my ear.

The sound is quite balanced with a bump in the mids (according to my amateur ears). The bass is very BA bass, quick but not big and a nice thump. The mids are the main dish of the sound. Sometimes they are too much, so much that i need to EQ the mids out a bit. The mids on these are more prominent compared to all the other IEMs i have. The highs are ok, non fatiguing.

Detail retrieval is quite good, good instrument separation and the soundstage is above average. To get the best out of these you probably need to EQ a bit.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #45,727 of 99,683
Anyone heard the Tri I3 tribrid yet? It's on a pretty big sale right now from a few Ali sellers and is tempting me....

Dec 9, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #45,728 of 99,683
I got em on order. It is on the slow boat as I type. That graph looks way better to me than the NiceHCK F3. I have a good idea how the sound balancing will be due to the DUNU DM-380 having a very close Fr to the Tri I3. Should be a good sounding unit.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #45,729 of 99,683
Nothing is 'on sale' at Ali - even their sales are just them making it up

Dec 9, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #45,730 of 99,683
Last edited:
Dec 9, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #45,731 of 99,683

So here they are, the Hisenior A6 (6 Knowles BA per side) with custom faceplate. They showed up last friday and i have spent a few hours with these last weekend.

Quick quick impressions :

I listen to all kinds of stuff and used them with my Shanling M2s, M0 and iPhone X with lightning dongle.

Needed some serious tip rolling for a good fit. I have tried Spinfits in various sizes, Spiral Dots in size S, the stock tips, KZ starlines, wide bore whirlwind kind of tips but i have settled on the generic Aliexpress tips which always do wonders for me.

I have also changed the stock 8 core OCC cable to a NiceHCK 8 core cable because of the fit of the memory wire on the stock cable around my ear.

The sound is quite balanced with a bump in the mids (according to my amateur ears). The bass is very BA bass, quick but not big and a nice thump. The mids are the main dish of the sound. Sometimes they are too much, so much that i need to EQ the mids out a bit. The mids on these are more prominent compared to all the other IEMs i have. The highs are ok, non fatiguing.

Detail retrieval is quite good, good instrument separation and the soundstage is above average. To get the best out of these you probably need to EQ a bit.

I would be interested in your EQ results and have you got any more pictures?

Dec 9, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #45,732 of 99,683
They were on sale during 11.11 and BF for $128ish. Which was the real sales deal. Which if these sound like they should. Could be a good deal. We will see. I will let you all know how they are. Should have some stout sub bass. Good balancing, extended frequencies in both ends. It has a harmonish tuning with added extension.

On sale now. here. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000366807250.html?spm=2114.12010611.8148356.10.38ab6a7bygLDUc

Its no longer 11/11 so why is the price the same :/

Dec 9, 2019 at 7:09 PM Post #45,734 of 99,683
Anyone heard the Tri I3 tribrid yet? It's on a pretty big sale right now from a few Ali sellers and is tempting me....
Yeah, I'm interested in them too. The following review is in Spanish, but he says that they are the best IEMs he has tested so far.

Dec 9, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #45,735 of 99,683

https://www.ear-phone-review.com/entry/Yinyoo_TRI-i3

There's a review here in Japanese, quite detailed review, just google translate.
Seems this reviewer says it is quite analytical sounding, and sounds more like a headphone than an IEM. U shaped.

download.jpg

There're some scattered amazon Japan reviews too on the TRI I3, rather equivocal though.

Yeah, I'm interested in them too. The following review is in Spanish, but he says that they are the best IEMs he has tested so far.

Could u translate what this reviewer is saying about the TRI I3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back