The discovery thread!
Oct 30, 2019 at 11:08 PM Post #44,431 of 99,712
@Dsnuts, Can you post the link for those FALALALA'S??? I might take one for the team?

Oct 30, 2019 at 11:17 PM Post #44,432 of 99,712
Oct 30, 2019 at 11:25 PM Post #44,433 of 99,712
Oct 31, 2019 at 12:06 AM Post #44,434 of 99,712
Screenshot_20191031-042938_Chrome.jpg

This guy seems very happy listening to the falafel fail. This carbo thing must be real we shouldn't let go the oppoty to try this eraphone. Maybe its our driam

Oct 31, 2019 at 12:10 AM Post #44,435 of 99,712
I'm probably gonna get some NICEHCK copper 8 core cables @ $6 - 7USD and some KZ hard cases ($1 USD each LOL).

I'm also looking at the:
TFZ Tequila - $89 USD
BLON cardinal/blue jay - $79 USD - after the success of the BLON BL-03, I'm interested to see what their higher end IEMs can do. No FR or reviews so far though
Toneking 1Q - new single DD IEM release from Toneking - $86 USD

Can only afford one (if I do purchase any), but I'm seeing how many coupons I can stack for them.

I was also looking out for the BQEYZ Spring 1, but looks like it ain't discounted for 11/11, oh well.

Ninetails for $80 USD and maybe even lower if u stack some coupons, is a very good deal IMHO.
Ha, I'm almost the same. In going to pick up probably 6-8 hard cases, and probably 10 cables, mostly the 16 core copper, 4.4mm 2 pin, but a couple SPC too...

Skip the tequila (trade for something?), I have it, is not special... The Ninetails seem much more intriguing. I have my eye on that, the nicehck m6, trn im2, trn ba5, ****, **** pro, and tfz no.3. hopefully I control myself and don't get ALL of them.

Oct 31, 2019 at 12:26 AM Post #44,436 of 99,712
I hear the Spring 1 to be more even balanced. Blon’s have more forward vocals and I prefer it over the Spring 1. Blon’s have bigger bass and more sub-bass. I prefer the bass on the Blon’s. Spring 1 is more mid-bass but less bass overall. Spring 1 is quite detailed and more so then the Blon’s. Bigger stage on the Spring 1. I find the Blon’s to be more of a fun sounding earphone and the better value of the two. More treble details on the Spring 1. Neither are fatiguing. Blon’s are way easier to drive. Hope that helps.

nice impressions, more or less i heard same things. If you want to try remove the grill (to remove the cloth mesh, everything is going to change on spring 1, just look at bqeyz thread)

Oct 31, 2019 at 1:28 AM Post #44,437 of 99,712
I'm probably gonna get some NICEHCK copper 8 core cables @ $6 - 7USD and some KZ hard cases ($1 USD each LOL).

I'm also looking at the:
TFZ Tequila - $85 USD
BLON cardinal/blue jay - $72 USD - after the success of the BLON BL-03, I'm interested to see what their higher end IEMs can do. No FR or reviews so far though
Toneking 1Q - new single DD IEM release from Toneking - $86 USD
Maybe the Tin HIFI T4 and Fearless Audio new single DD if they release in time for 11/11

Can only afford one (if I do purchase any), but I'm seeing how many coupons I can stack for them.

I was also looking out for the BQEYZ Spring 1, but looks like it ain't discounted for 11/11, oh well.

Ninetails for $80 USD and maybe even lower if u stack some coupons, is a very good deal IMHO.

where do you guys usually get those coupons ?

you're not referring to select coupons, are you ?

Oct 31, 2019 at 1:35 AM Post #44,438 of 99,712
where do you guys usually get those coupons ?

you're not referring to select coupons, are you ?

There are a few kind of AE coupons:
1) They generally give a "Few dollars off coupon" for minimum spend at the start of all big sales - that can be used storewide, one time coupon
2) Select coupons that are store specific, need minimum spend at that particular store
3) Other coupons u can get by playing their app games or exchanging coins - I think there's minimum spend too. If u log in daily to their app to do some tasks, u get coins.
4) New customer coupon
5) Store provided coupons for old customers/special promotions/if u PM the seller

Some of the coupons are stackable and ain't mutually exclusive, and they stack on top of the existing sale price. With coupon gymnastics, u can sometimes get close to $20 USD off some stuff.

Oct 31, 2019 at 2:38 AM Post #44,439 of 99,712
Ty for recommendations. İ think im going to buy blon bl 03. My sony mdr 1r is really really good headphone with good sound stage and seperation excelent mids( especially women vocals) good treble and bad sub bass especially low end. İ hope i will find what im looking for with blon . i was looking for nicehck db3 which is 10 dolar lesser than blon. İ can buy good cable with that budget. İ have a time also İm waiting 11.11 discount.
Btw i cant find english db3 review in youtube because of that i dont have too much opinnion about it. So im waiting some comparision between two( blon and db3)

Oct 31, 2019 at 2:50 AM Post #44,440 of 99,712
Ty for recommendations. İ think im going to buy blon bl 03. My sony mdr 1r is really really good headphone with good sound stage and seperation excelent mids( especially women vocals) good treble and bad sub bass especially low end. İ hope i will find what im looking for with blon . i was looking for nicehck db3 which is 10 dolar lesser than blon. İ can buy good cable with that budget. İ have a time also İm waiting 11.11 discount.
Btw i cant find english db3 review in youtube because of that i dont have too much opinnion about it. So im waiting some comparision between two( blon and db3)

IMHO, I don't think most IEMs can compete with headphones in the soundstage department, and the BLON soundstage is not the widest compared to other IEMs. The BLONs also have above average instrument separation, but they won't be as good in this department as some multi BA/hybrid IEMs. The BLON is quite bassy in the midbass, but the subbass has a roll off.

So maybe just to keep your expectations in check if u wanna find the same sound signature in the BLONs as in the Sony MDR 1R.
But it is a great pair for sub $30. Though u might need other eartips +/- cable change as the stock eartips (especially) are quite poor fitting for most westerners.

Oct 31, 2019 at 4:01 AM Post #44,441 of 99,712
IMHO, I don't think most IEMs can compete with headphones in the soundstage department, and the BLON soundstage is not the widest compared to other IEMs. The BLONs also have above average instrument separation, but they won't be as good in this department as some multi BA/hybrid IEMs. The BLON is quite bassy in the midbass, but the subbass has a roll off.

So maybe just to keep your expectations in check if u wanna find the same sound signature in the BLONs as in the Sony MDR 1R.
But it is a great pair for sub $30. Though u might need other eartips +/- cable change as the stock eartips (especially) are quite poor fitting for most westerners.
Ty for your reply its important to me because im looking for diffrent tastes like good mid and good subbass and mid bass with less treble. So with your commend i m going to buy cca c12 or nicechk db3 ty . i believe blon is a good iem but iwant sub bass. Thank you again:)

Oct 31, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #44,442 of 99,712
Ty for your reply its important to me because im looking for diffrent tastes like good mid and good subbass and mid bass with less treble. So with your commend i m going to buy cca c12 or nicechk db3 ty . i believe blon is a good iem but iwant sub bass. Thank you again:)

I'm not sure how is the subbass on the CCA C12 and DB3 as I don't have them, so maybe u can check with the rest. All the best in your search for an IEM!

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #44,443 of 99,712
I think now it's time for me to chime in.
I have basically all the FOTMs, so here is the breakdown of them all

$200-300
It's a tie between LZ A6 and Audiosense T800, and they both sound equal to, or better than FH7, DK-4001, IE 400 - 500 Pro, Andromeda, IER-M9 depending on your music tastes

LZ A6 - The temperamental king
Pros: excellent treble detail and extension, tight and strong subbass, versatility, excellent wide soundstage (not tall) ==> technical abilities
Cons: some sibilance coming with treble extension
Remedy: copper cable, small pieces of foam inside the 10-40kHz filters
9/10

Audiosense T800 - The proper queen
Pro: excellent mid detail, strong and fun bass, safer treble than A6
Con: bass can feel slightly slow
Remedy: pure silver cable, tip rollings
9/10

$150 - 200
I don't own anything in this range, but auditioned IKKO OH10 (8/10) and Moondrop KXXS (7.5/10).
OH10 is better and quite good for the price, although both OH10 and KXXS don't give me the wow. They don't sound better than the $50-150 offerings in my collection (otherwise I would buy them)

$50 - 150
The most crowded arena

BQEYZ Spring 1
Pros: detailed, warm, excellent mid, good bass, holographic soundstage
Cons: slightly thin treble
Remedy: pure silver cable, nozzle screen removal, tips rolling
8/10

Shuoer Tape
Pros: hi-mid and high detail, strong and fun bass, wow factor
Cons: slightly shouty with female vocals, the 3kHz peak sometimes masks details in some areas
Remedy: Ostry OS200 tips

Sennheiser IE 40 Pro
Pros: excellent mid detail for DD, warm mid, very wide soundstage (not tall though)
Cons: subbass roll-off, slightly thin treble
Remedy: copper custom cable, tips rolling
8/10

NiceHCK NX7
Pros: very detailed, tight strong bass, wide soundstage
Cons: 8 kHz fatiguing peak
Remedy: 2 pieces of foam inside the nozzles (just take out the screens using a needle)
8/10

KBEAR Hi7
Pros: very large soundstage
Cons: the 3kHz peak sometimes masks details in some areas
Remedy: haven't spent much time with this yet
6.5/10

UiiSii BA-T9
Pros: the largest soundstage of all my IEMs, very detailed
Cons: flat bass (not a con for many), slightly sibilant
Remedy: copper cable, foam tips
7.75/10

NiceHCK F3
Pros: quick attack/decay of planar
Cons: flat bass, 8kHz fatiguing peak
6.5/10

HiSenior H6
Pros: warm mid
Cons: subbass roll-off, treble roll-off
6.0/10

Sub-$50

Semkarch CNT-1
Pros: excellent detail with no strange peak, very fun, strong subbass with little midbass bleed, quick for DD
Cons: 2 pairs of stock filters sound bad
Remedy: LZ A6 filters (red ones)
7.5/10

Blon BL-03
Pros: natural, smooth sound (Harman style with less 3kHz peak)
Cons: treble roll-off, not as quick as CNT-1
Remedy: pure silver cable, KZ star tips
7.25/10

TRN V90
Prons: detailed with no sibilance, strong fun bass, separation
Cons: slightly slow bass, thin mid
Remedy: cable and tips rolling
7.25/10

KZ ZSX
Pros: smooth, flat sound with slightly raised sub-bass
Cons: not as detailed as V90 with less separation
Remedy: sold them
6.75/10

I-INTO i8
Pro: smooth sound, flat mid
Cons: treble roll-off, springy cable
Remedy: tips rolling
6.5/10

UiiSii CM5
Pros: Harman style sound, detailed treble
Cons: slightly slow bass
7/10

Ren Teng ix-12
Pros: strong bass, detailed
Cons: slight mid-bass bleed, fit problems
Remedy: wide bore tips
6.5/10

Pron: smooth sound, good soundstage
Cons: fit problems
Remedy: none
6.5/10

Sony MH755
What can I say, just buy them.

Some other IEMs I have sold: AKG N5005, KZ ZS10 Pro - ZS7 - ZS6, TRN IM1 Pro - IM2 - X6 - V20, Meizu Live, Kanas Pro, Tin T3, FLC 8S, NiceHCK N3, CCA C16, BGVP DM6, Sony XBA-A3 - XBA-300 - EX800ST, LZ A5, BQEYZ KC2... Most of them are not bad, some are excellent (N5005, FLC 8S), but I love to experience.

Hope this will help you with your 11.11 purchases. I'm feeling empty, cause I have nothing to buy now.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2019 at 5:03 AM Post #44,444 of 99,712
I think now it's time for me to chime in.
I have basically all the FOTMs, so here is the breakdown of them all

$200-300
It's a tie between LZ A6 and Audiosense T800, and they both sound equal to, or better than FH7, DK-4001, IE 400 - 500 Pro, Andromeda, IER-M9 depending on your music tastes

LZ A6 - The temperamental king
Pros: excellent treble detail and extension, tight and strong subbass, versatility, excellent wide soundstage (not tall) ==> technical abilities
Cons: some sibilance coming with treble extension
Remedy: copper cable, small pieces of foam inside the 10-40kHz filters
9/10

Audiosense T800 - The proper queen
Pro: excellent mid detail, strong and fun bass, safer treble than A6
Con: bass can feel slightly slow
Remedy: pure silver cable, tip rollings
9/10

$150 - 200
I don't own anything in this range, but auditioned IKKO OH10 (8/10) and Moondrop KXXS (7.5/10).
OH10 is better and quite good for the price, although both OH10 and KXXS don't give me the wow. They don't sound better than the $50-150 offerings in my collection (otherwise I would buy them)

$50 - 150
The most crowded arena

BQEYZ Spring 1
Pros: detailed, warm, excellent mid, good bass, holographic soundstage
Cons: slightly thin treble
Remedy: pure silver cable, nozzle screen removal, tips rolling
8/10

Shuoer Tape
Pros: hi-mid and high detail, strong and fun bass, wow factor
Cons: slightly shouty with female vocals, the 3kHz peak sometimes masks details in some areas
Remedy: Ostry OS200 tips

Sennheiser IE 40 Pro
Pros: excellent mid detail for DD, warm mid, very wide soundstage (not tall though)
Cons: subbass roll-off, slightly thin treble
Remedy: copper custom cable, tips rolling
8/10

NiceHCK NX7
Pros: very detailed, tight strong bass, wide soundstage
Cons: 8 kHz fatiguing peak
Remedy: 2 pieces of foam inside the nozzles (just take out the screens using a needle)
8/10

KBEAR Hi7
Pros: very large soundstage
Cons: the 3kHz peak sometimes masks details in some areas
6.5/10

UiiSii BA-T9
Pros: the largest soundstage of all my IEMs, very detailed
Cons: flat bass (not a con for many), slightly sibilant
7.75/10

NiceHCK F3
Pros: quick attack/decay of planar
Cons: flat bass, 8kHz fatiguing peak
6.5/10

HiSenior H6
Pros: warm mid
Cons: subbass roll-off, treble roll-off
6.0/10

Sub-$50

Semkarch CNT-1
Pros: excellent detail with no strange peak, very fun, strong subbass with little midbass bleed, quick for DD
Cons: 2 pairs of stock filters sound bad
Remedy: LZ A6 filters (red ones)
7.5/10

Blon BL-03
Pros: natural, smooth sound (Harman style with less 3kHz peak)
Cons: treble roll-off, not as quick as CNT-1
Remedy: pure silver cable, KZ star tips
7/10

TRN V90
Prons: detailed with no sibilance, strong fun bass, separation
Cons: slightly slow bass, thin mid
Remedy: cable and tips rolling
7/10

KZ ZSX
Pros: smooth, flat sound with slightly raised sub-bass
Cons: not as detailed as V90 with less separation
Remedy: sold them
6.75/10

I-INTO i8
Pro: smooth sound, flat mid
Cons: treble roll-off, springy cable
6.5/10

UiiSii CM5
Pros: Harman style sound, detailed treble
Cons: slightly slow bass
6.5/10

Ren Teng ix-12
Pros: strong bass, detailed
Cons: slight mid-bass bleed, fit problems
Remedy: wide bore tips
6.5/10

Pron: smooth sound, good soundstage
Cons: fit problems
Remedy: none
6.5/10

Sony MH755
What can I say, just buy them.

Some other IEMs I have sold: AKG N5005, KZ ZS10 Pro - ZS7 - ZS6, TRN IM1 Pro - IM2 - X6 - V20, Meizu Live, Kanas Pro, Tin T3, FLC 8S, NiceHCK N3, CCA C16, BGVP DM6, Sony XBA-A3 - XBA-300 - EX800ST, LZ A5... Most of them are not bad, some are excellent (N5005, FLC 8S), but I love to experience.

Hope this will help you with your 11.11 purchases. I'm feeling empty, cause I have nothing to buy now.

Nice detailed comparison compilation! really appreciate your time to share with us! Everyone give this man a "like"!

btw so in the end you still prefer Spring 1 rather than Tape? well im still not sure what i can buy on 11.11, TinHifi T4 havent come out yet..

Oct 31, 2019 at 5:41 AM Post #44,445 of 99,712
Nice detailed comparison compilation! really appreciate your time to share with us! Everyone give this man a "like"!

btw so in the end you still prefer Spring 1 rather than Tape? well im still not sure what i can buy on 11.11, TinHifi T4 havent come out yet..

Thank you bro. My health is not good right now (just recovered from the dengue fever), and during that time I found out that Spring 1 was better than Tape for a dizzy head. They are both good choice in the price range. If IE 40 Pro had better subbass then I would take that over Spring 1 and Tape in a heartbeat. But an IE 40 Pro with better subbass means the IE 400 Pro, and for $349 I expect much better build quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back