The discovery thread!
Jul 24, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #42,961 of 98,053
Replace the stock tips with AET07 and see if you hear any difference. When I tried with the stock tips, NX7 sounded really off for a 2DD......

With AET07, the NX7 is my poor man's Solaris......

<Overall sound output>
NICEHCK NX7
impression
The first impression of the impression is the cool, clean-sounding cold earphones with a pronounced inverted pyramid balance tendencies that are noticeable in treble .

The balance of the sound output is high-pitched sound comes out firmly.

Mid-tones are also present, but they are less prominent than high-pitched ones.

And the bass sounds out but I feel the least.

As an image of the intensity of the sound output is the image of high tone> middle tone> low tone .

A feeling of separation is high, and it is a thin and thin impression of a line.

It is cold as a tendency of sound.

<High tone>
This is the most noticeable range of sound balance.

The amount of treble is coming out firmly.

In addition, high range treble comes out well.

However, it is a little rough impression whether the high-pitched sound has come out so far.

In addition, there are some stings such as cymbals.

It is usual as distance of sound.

<Medium tone>
The middle tone is less pronounced than the high tone, but it sounds clean and clear.

The overall sound output is very clean and the sense of separation is high.

If there is a little more impact in the middle sound, it seems to be perfect for people who like the middle sound.

However, I feel some stabbing of Sa line.

The distance is normal.

<bass>
You will get the impression that it is the least out of the three range.

I know that the bass is coming out, but the amount is clearly less than other range.

I was surprised that it was a 2DD so it was a very strong image.

Like the amount, the bass is strongly influenced by the thin sound.

There is no blur, etc. but there is no crispness, but there is no strength and it is not recommended for people who like bass before aging.

The distance of the sound is normal.

Jul 24, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #42,962 of 98,053
The new Artio looks pretty nice...
https://artio.co.jp/products/cr-v1
D_krfpaVAAAbMzK.jpg

Focused on how the brain feels sounds.

New Technology"WARP System" "WARP System"(Wide Area ReProduction - Patent Number: Pending) is an acoustic circuit for earphones that mix l and R channel signals with bandwidth levels, etc. into the opposite channel.
It virtually reproduces the state when listening to the stereo playback of the speaker, and you can feel the spread of the sound that was not able to be done with a conventional canal type earphone.

The interesting twist is.....
006-2.jpg

D_anC0XUcAABBQD.jpg

Good luck patenting crossfeed - that has been around forever.

Jul 24, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #42,964 of 98,053
Interesting observation. The tuning is a bit like CA earphones. It shares some similarities to the Andromeda earphones too. Highly recommend a wide bored tip. I am using JVC Spiral dots. The earphone has so many drivers that are fireing for the sound that it seems to like wider bored tips to show all of it.

Also the sound will smooth out over some time. If you have the means experiment with some nicer cables too.
I just bought the NX7 last night and it's on it's way. Any suggestions on a nice 2.5 balanced cable that will fit this set? Looking for something in the $15-20 range with a chin slider. I am wondering about that raised connector on the shell. Is it the same as the Paragraph C on the KZ ZS10 PRO? If so, I already have an extra JCally 2.5 not in use so that might work, but if it's different I may need to get a different type. Thanks, Dsnuts!

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #42,965 of 98,053
Ya I posted about this SPC. Silver plated cable. Kind of an industry standard now but is cheaper than they have ever been. This is a good deal for a bit of an upgrade on the cable.

No worries about the raised female end. The NX7 fits all 2 pins just fine. In fact I will argue that I like this design better since you dont have to find raised male ends for earphones with recessed sockets like my Zeus.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/329...=a2g1y.12024536.productList_2717662.subject_3

HTB1du22rkUmBKNjSZFOq6yb2XXaO.jpg

I got to try this exact cable on the NX7 and as it came with the F3. For the $11 or so. Worth throwing in for the amount the NX7 is being discounted.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #42,966 of 98,053
<Overall sound output>
NICEHCK NX7
impression
The first impression of the impression is the cool, clean-sounding cold earphones with a pronounced inverted pyramid balance tendencies that are noticeable in treble .

The balance of the sound output is high-pitched sound comes out firmly.

Mid-tones are also present, but they are less prominent than high-pitched ones.

And the bass sounds out but I feel the least.

As an image of the intensity of the sound output is the image of high tone> middle tone> low tone .

A feeling of separation is high, and it is a thin and thin impression of a line.

It is cold as a tendency of sound.

<High tone>
This is the most noticeable range of sound balance.

The amount of treble is coming out firmly.

In addition, high range treble comes out well.

However, it is a little rough impression whether the high-pitched sound has come out so far.

In addition, there are some stings such as cymbals.

It is usual as distance of sound.

<Medium tone>
The middle tone is less pronounced than the high tone, but it sounds clean and clear.

The overall sound output is very clean and the sense of separation is high.

If there is a little more impact in the middle sound, it seems to be perfect for people who like the middle sound.

However, I feel some stabbing of Sa line.

The distance is normal.

<bass>
You will get the impression that it is the least out of the three range.

I know that the bass is coming out, but the amount is clearly less than other range.

I was surprised that it was a 2DD so it was a very strong image.

Like the amount, the bass is strongly influenced by the thin sound.

There is no blur, etc. but there is no crispness, but there is no strength and it is not recommended for people who like bass before aging.

The distance of the sound is normal.
How you compare these NX7 with your T800 ,???

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #42,968 of 98,053
Ya I posted about this SPC. Silver plated cable. Kind of an industry standard now but is cheaper than they have ever been. This is a good deal for a bit of an upgrade on the cable.

No worries about the raised female end. The NX7 fits all 2 pins just fine. In fact I will argue that I like this design better since you dont have to find raised male ends for earphones with recessed sockets like my Zeus.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/329...=a2g1y.12024536.productList_2717662.subject_3

HTB1du22rkUmBKNjSZFOq6yb2XXaO.jpg

I got to try this exact cable on the NX7 and as it came with the F3. For the $11 or so. Worth throwing in for the amount the NX7 is being discounted.
Thanks, man! Just put it in my cart. Noticed there's also a similar all copper one for about the same money. Maybe I'll try it too. For less than $30 for both, it would be interesting to see (or hear) the differences in the two. I've never had a silver or silver plated cable before, partly because I've always thought that pure copper brings out the bass more. But lately, I've been really keen on details. I always thought I was a bit treble sensitive but I haven't found that anything I currently own bothers me at all. I'm definitely gonna give your cable rec a try. Besides, I'm a total sucker for the bling factor. LOL!

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #42,970 of 98,053
Generally all copper vs a SPC or anything with silver on it. Sonic differences are minimal but does have some infuence on the sound. Typically copper varietry enhances bass and mids adding a touch of warmth to the sound. Does not enhance treble which for guys that want a bit more bass and mids involved in your earphones this would be an ideal match.

The SPC or silver influenced copper cables have a tendency for a cleaner sharper edge to the sonics and has a tendency to tighten up bass ends which ends up resulting in a tighter sound with better imaging as a result. It is worth having a few variteties of cables for this reason.

I know some are not sold on the influence of cables on your earphones but I do notice sound differences especially when dealing with earphones with BAs in the mix. Don't know the science behind it but that is my observation of cables. But really the NX7 with the stock cables sound fine but if you have a source that throws out balanced and you have to have a balanced cable any way. Might as well get an upgraded cable.

A prime example of a bad match for an earphone is this one right here.
HTB1Vqy2XhD1gK0jSZFsq6zldVXaW.jpg

Notice this cable for the F3 here? The F3 has a lower treble spike which is tuned that way for detail retrieval. Ya lets throw in a cable that actually enhances the region even greater. That is what you get with this. What they should have done is trown in what I have pictured here.
10322843_thumb.jpg

F3 sounds awesome with this cable. In fact I am certain there would be some fan fare for these if they included a copper cable for it.

Since the NX7 has a more cleaner treble response, this same SPC cable works well with it since all it does is tightens up the imaging on the NX7 and does not sharpen the treble on them as it does the F3. So each earphone reacts a bit differently to cables. Again another reason to have a few different varieties on hand.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #42,972 of 98,053
Generally all copper vs a SPC or anything with silver on it. Sonic differences are minimal but does have some infuence on the sound. Typically copper varietry enhances bass and mids adding a touch of warmth to the sound. Does not enhance treble which for guys that want a bit more bass and mids involved in your earphones this would be an ideal match.

The SPC or silver influenced copper cables have a tendency for a cleaner sharper edge to the sonics and has a tendency to tighten up bass ends which ends up resulting in a tighter sound with better imaging as a result. It is worth having a few variteties of cables for this reason.

I know some are not sold on the influence of cables on your earphones but I do notice sound differences especially when dealing with earphones with BAs in the mix. Don't know the science behind it but that is my observation of cables. But really the NX7 with the stock cables sound fine but if you have a source that throws out balanced and you have to have a balanced cable any way. Might as well get an upgraded cable.

A prime example of a bad match for an earphone is this one right here.
HTB1Vqy2XhD1gK0jSZFsq6zldVXaW.jpg

Notice this cable for the F3 here? The F3 has a lower treble spike which is tuned that way for detail retrieval. Ya lets throw in a cable that actually enhances the region even greater. That is what you get with this. What they should have done is trown in what I have pictured here.
10322843_thumb.jpg

F3 sounds awesome with this cable. In fact I am certain there would be some fan fare for these if they included a copper cable for it.

Since the NX7 has a more cleaner treble response, this same SPC cable works well with it since all it does is tightens up the imaging on the NX7 and does not sharpen the treble on them as it does the F3. So each earphone reacts a bit differently to cables. Again another reason to have a few different varieties on hand.
Ya, I'm a big believer in sonic differences between cable. It all depends on what is connected to either end. That copper you have on the F3...looks an awful lot like the ISN C16.

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #42,973 of 98,053
Your observation is very correct. I bought that cable for my Zeus which for some odd reason did not mesh well with the sonic qualitites for them so I have one of my pure silver cables on the Zeus but ended up using that copper cable on the F3. Great match on the F3.

I like the NX7 over the DMGs/ M6 but at the same time your gonna have to have some grounded ideals on what your idea is about ground breaking is.

The NX7 is not ground breaking. In terms of sonics it has been done before but on earphones much higher end sure if you think that qualifies for ground breaking than maybe it is. I am not gonna say they beat the pants off of phones that cost way more or anything like that. I just know that they are sonically superior to every $100 earphone I have owned or heard to date.

They are only $65 and for that much I can honestly say get one for yourself. Take time to really get to know the sonics and then you can understand what I am writing about here on the thread. I think they are discovery material for certain.

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #42,975 of 98,053

Moondrop Crescent

Trying to improve on my analysis/review by compacting the information and distilling the important things out for delivering a clean, concise, informative, and entertaining account. As usual, friends and foes alike will have to read the whole thing attentively in order to get the subtleties :wink:.

I have no idea why the Crescents did not drive the hype train out of the station. 30 bucks. A no-brainer, at least for people with no brain. Actually, I do have an idea: there is more money in a $300 earphone.

Blog only, Head-Fi later this week.

They do seem tempting, but for the same price the E1000 can also be had from Amazon.ca. Any thoughts on which is the "better" of the two? (personally, I'm leaning towards the e1000 just because the Crescents also come with 2 month shipping)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back