The discovery thread!
Jun 19, 2019 at 9:09 PM Post #42,571 of 99,714
Hey there chums and chumlettes. The crew of independents over at "The Contraptionist" have released another in depth review, this time of the all-new TinHiFi P1. No graphs though. Please visit Crinacle.com or wherever HBB posts his graphs for those tasty tidbits of information. Otherwise, for the most unbiased reviews, continue to like and subscribe and make sure you hit that bell so you never miss any new content! All proceeds sent to our non-existent Patreon are donated to the Save the Baby Whales fund, NASA astronauts, and the yearly Rust Retention convention. Stay alert, stay safe. Body Break!!

Head-fi / The Contraptionist

IMG_4667.JPG

Jun 19, 2019 at 10:47 PM Post #42,572 of 99,714

As you are typing ( same exact time):

I wanted to let you know that I sold the **** on Head-Fi that I won on your raffle for $150 and I wanted to get that back to you for the rescue group. If you can give me you PayPal email I’ll send the $ over once the guy pays me. Here’s a link to the post

2 hours later

screenshot-www.paypal.com-2019.06.20-11-28-25.png
euth.jpg
*** STILL ALIVE - 06/18/19 7:00PM ***

PLEASE KEEP SHARING, TAGGING AND PLEDGING, HELP FIND A RESCUE..!!

I wake up, get a nice mail, make a common transaction cuz my Patreons.....are BOSSES!!
Come on here and find a bad joke.

Follow along and see if he gets put to sleep for no good reason.

https://www.facebook.com/julie.just...wINIaEogCy1blWKiyyOV7tQTAivR412ZrJwdASxoddWr0

You brought it up.
Follow along.

Jun 19, 2019 at 10:55 PM Post #42,573 of 99,714

As you are typing ( same exact time):

I wanted to let you know that I sold the **** on Head-Fi that I won on your raffle for $150 and I wanted to get that back to you for the rescue group. If you can give me you PayPal email I’ll send the $ over once the guy pays me. Here’s a link to the post

2 hours later

*** STILL ALIVE - 06/18/19 7:00PM ***

PLEASE KEEP SHARING, TAGGING AND PLEDGING, HELP FIND A RESCUE..!!

I wake up, get a nice mail, make a common transaction cuz my Patreons.....are BOSSES!!
Come on here and find a bad joke.

Follow along and see if he gets put to sleep for no good reason.

https://www.facebook.com/julie.justinthenickoftime.ashleigh?__tn__=,dlC-R-R&eid=ARDCA-FBX4b2ZDbdUSikPdSmAJJTDGSQ7HcFb-PCqBgcxMoyM-FLK2DtPnECBIAASL88cZ138nE4Uj2i&hc_ref=ARTJcmZR_c842csfj0tf6mwINIaEogCy1blWKiyyOV7tQTAivR412ZrJwdASxoddWr0

You brought it up.
Follow along.

Had literally nothing to do with you. Cept the part where I directed people to check out your measurements of the P1. You want to take it personally, be my guest.

Jun 20, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #42,574 of 99,714
Hey there chums and chumlettes. The crew of independents over at "The Contraptionist" have released another in depth review, this time of the all-new TinHiFi P1. No graphs though. Please visit Crinacle.com or wherever HBB posts his graphs for those tasty tidbits of information. Otherwise, for the most unbiased reviews, continue to like and subscribe and make sure you hit that bell so you never miss any new content! All proceeds sent to our non-existent Patreon are donated to the Save the Baby Whales fund, NASA astronauts, and the yearly Rust Retention convention. Stay alert, stay safe. Body Break!!

I'm interested in the Rust Retention convention. Please PM me details. Thanks.

Jun 20, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #42,575 of 99,714
I'm interested in the Rust Retention convention. Please PM me details. Thanks.

Happy to. Rust is routinely shunned in modern society, especially up here in Canada where there is as much salt on our roads as in a typical online forum. Rust needs to eat too so they buy up old cars, strip the paint and patina them, then leave them for the Rust to devour. Also a great way to elimate excess automotive waste.

Jun 20, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #42,576 of 99,714
Happy to. Rust is routinely shunned in modern society, especially up here in Canada where there is as much salt on our roads as in a typical online forum. Rust needs to eat too so they buy up old cars, strip the paint and patina them, then leave them for the Rust to devour. Also a great way to elimate excess automotive waste.
Excellent! Thanks. Cutting edge stuff. Sounds like something the government would be involved with:wink:

Jun 20, 2019 at 6:23 PM Post #42,577 of 99,714
@B9Scrambler Then where do you guys drive your cars??? Buy the old cars up and leave them on the roads cause that is where all the salt is. With all the rusty cars left on the salty roads do Canadians drive on the sidewalk?? There they go leaving them in the road...
giphy.gif

:wink:

Jun 20, 2019 at 6:31 PM Post #42,578 of 99,714
@B9Scrambler Then where do you guys drive your cars??? Buy the old cars up and leave them on the roads cause that is where all the salt is. With all the rusty cars left on the salty roads do Canadians drive on the sidewalk?? There they go leaving them in the road...
giphy.gif

:wink:

Leave them on the road? What absurdity is this? haha!

Headphone forums....right. Back on topic.

Was sent this Tripowin TP10 jobby a while ago. Haven't spent a ton of time with it so far but it gets a hearty 'nope'. Shouty mids, peaky treble, strained sound overall. Not a pleasant listen to my ears. Probably another KZ spin off as well based on the build. Not one worth dropping your cash on. Haven't compared to the AS16 but I suspect @antdroid is right on the money with his impressions of the two.

IMG_4363.JPG

Jun 20, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #42,579 of 99,714
Leave them on the road? What absurdity is this? haha!

Headphone forums....right. Back on topic.

Was sent this Tripowin TP10 jobby a while ago. Haven't spent a ton of time with it so far but it gets a hearty 'nope'. Shouty mids, peaky treble, strained sound overall. Not a pleasant listen to my ears. Probably another KZ spin off as well based on the build. Not one worth dropping your cash on. Haven't compared to the AS16 but I suspect @antdroid is right on the money with his impressions of the two.

Yea, I spent a little more time with both of them last weekend, and they work okay for very specific types of music -- like piano and piano-based jazz music. Most other stuff, I found quite boring and missing any sort of fun. The AS16 is definitely not worth the asking price.

I did ask Lillian about Tripowin and she did say it was a KZ company, but they are trying to spin it off with a different brand and possible audience or something. More Customer-driven. Not sure what that totally means. The cable, tips, design, internals, and even the manual are all the same thing.

Jun 20, 2019 at 6:51 PM Post #42,580 of 99,714
Yea, I spent a little more time with both of them last weekend, and they work okay for very specific types of music -- like piano and piano-based jazz music. Most other stuff, I found quite boring and missing any sort of fun. The AS16 is definitely not worth the asking price.

I did ask Lillian about Tripowin and she did say it was a KZ company, but they are trying to spin it off with a different brand and possible audience or something. More Customer-driven. Not sure what that totally means. The cable, tips, design, internals, and even the manual are all the same thing.

They certainly don't seem versatile. AS16 wasn't and yes, it is overpriced.

Not surprised to hear it's KZ based. Customer-driven? Maybe they're actually planning to interact over social media. Wouldn't that be neat? haha.

Jun 22, 2019 at 1:10 AM Post #42,581 of 99,714
Last edited:
Jun 22, 2019 at 1:13 AM Post #42,582 of 99,714
Anyone tried the KBEAR F1? Disclaimer it was a sample but its so dirt cheap! Its a single BA iem and it sounds so clear and articulate top to bottom. Same tingles in my spine as when I first LZ A2! @bhazard V i think you are gonna like this one. Never imagined a single BA could so much...

Link? Always enjoy a good newcomer.

Jun 22, 2019 at 4:03 AM Post #42,584 of 99,714
Anyone tried the KBEAR F1? Disclaimer it was a sample but its so dirt cheap! Its a single BA iem and it sounds so clear and articulate top to bottom. Same tingles in my spine as when I first LZ A2! @bhazard V i think you are gonna like this one. Never imagined a single BA could so much...

Just received F1s this Monday and I agree with you, maybe except for the bass final roll-off. Must admit I expected less from these IEMs. Bass is very good for a single BA, but to my ears presence decreases as sound goes down (and I found that getting best from it demands a really good insertion, at least in my case).

Shape is esthetically nice, but I find it not to be very practical regarding fit and seal is a problem for me, because I'm using a heavier cable than the stock one (I liked F1s more with a non-plated copper one, but stock sounds ok).

Out if this, I think that everyone should try them because the sound is very good and clear (fantastic for a cheap IEM), a bit warm but pretty balanced. I'm honestly happy that finally got them.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2019 at 4:37 AM Post #42,585 of 99,714
For those interested, a quick impression on the OH10 as compared to the OH1 will be fuller bass expression, clearer midrange and airier treble. Soundstage is significantly bigger. Cheers! :)

A bigger soundstage wasn't hard to beat. Making the lower zone more complete shouldn't be a problem either. But is the upper midzone smoother and the highs are more extensive?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back