The discovery thread!
Nov 13, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #39,466 of 99,637
Share your impressions with us we can understand why you like them.

Well I’m only listening to them now out of an iPod Touch 6th gen, as I don’t travel with my gear, I’m in Thailand now. But I have learned to use the Touch to demo gear, kind of knowing the shortcomings and how stuff will sound later on with my Sony DAPs. Basicly everything just gets a little better. So at that time, with my DAPs and after 1-200 hours of burn-in I will feel better about describing the sound. But I purchased a back-up pair because I just kinda know these are going to scale. In fact before my purchase I had no idea about this thread, I heard about 10 Chi-Fi IEMs I was curious about and the DM6 was the best. The Secret Garden was OK, as was The Queen and King Pro by TFZ. The new Fii0
Flagship was OK but didn't sound as good or fit as well.

But so far they are just a slight V shape, with a maybe almost perfect treble roll-off; at least for me anyway. They walk that fine line of just enough treble and just enough roll off. Plus every once in a while there will be a polite extra treble display outside of the soundstage which is nice. Just refined with everything sounding normal, yet a little more clear and a little more exciting. I find the midrange just right, though all I have with me is 320kbps EDM, for whatever that’s worth. The bass is enough as I would ever want, plus I can’t distinguish it from DD bass, like I can with regular pure BA arrangements. For me these have nice refinement which I never would have thought I’d hear at this price? In fact after my first interest in Chi-Fi, I always thought most KZs had some small thing missing, something was left out of the signature. But the DM6 changes things; it’s the first Chi-Fi IEM that does it all correct, effortlessly. IMO

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #39,467 of 99,637
Something new on Penon.
blue-700x700.jpg

A new $100 contender. Dual dynamic Graphene and Titianium. Hate the cheap look to them though. Could give the IT01 some very stiff competition.

Debauche Bacchus Monroe Dual Dynamic Driver MMCX Detachable HiFi In-ear Earphone

Description

Graphene and Titanium film Independent dual dynamic driver

Comfortable wear, delicate voice, retro design.

316L refined steel, piano paint.

Excellent industrial design

MMCX replaceable interface

Delicate voice

Warm and natural, mellow and classic listening, special frequency division, phase complement. Make two independent dynamic driver works together, with higher resolution, more sufficient density and more delicate human voice.

Technological structure diagram

Precision double - cavity design, small volume to accommodate two powerful drivers

Excellent wearing and quality sound

10 mm graphene diaphragm driver

Using graphene ultrathin features, reduced the low frequency harmonic resonant frequency, make the low frequency response is better, and the bass is strong and full

Graphene’s Ultra high rigidity extends the high frequency range, and has a bright, smooth treble.

8 mm titanium film

Titanium-plated increases the rigidity of the diaphragm and the high frequency response speed was significantly improved

It use for medium-high frequency’s compensation driver to make the human voice more delicate and better resolution

High frequency is smoother and more natural, and layers clear

Materials and craft

Piano painting technology makes shell.

The cavity Made of 316L refined steel, the cavity is precise and durable

Wire change design

use the MMCX interface , there is no restriction on change and upgrade cable, also increase the playability of match, to make sure the sound quality in control

Earphone wearing

Strictly follow ergonomic design, collect a large amount of ear canal data, repeatedly to adjust to fit the ear canal, also to make it small and comfort, enjoin the music with more freedom.

Package design

Vintage tape styling, high transmittance PMMA Acrylic surface, AL, sand blasting oxidation border, magnet design, high quality storage bag, sturdy and durable, easy to storage.

Specification

Sensitivity:99±3dB

Impedance:32Ω

Drive unit:10mm Graphene + 8mm Titanium film

Frequency response:18-22kHz

Maximum power:10mW

Shell material: 316L Stainless steel

Cable interface:MMCX

Plug : 3.5mm

Package

Monroe earphone

3.5mm to 6.5mm Adpater

3 pairs of silicone eartips

1 pair of foam eartips

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chi...hones-and-iems.820747/page-1298#post-14582926

found this on taobao last week, 100 bux or so there, 109 on penon is a really good deal. Really dig the retro-look and only one product on their page, so I'm assuming its a debut for a brand. Might be a good deal to test the waters

I'd be interested if not for the fact I'm all out due to 11.11, lol.

Nov 13, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #39,468 of 99,637
I believe this is the first time we are seeing a combination of titanium and graphene used for a dual dynamic. They are interesting. Will see if some of the Penon reviewers get a hold of them.

So I brought my EZAudio D4 to work with me. Threw them on my Sony ZX300 and gave them to my friend at work to audition. I asked him how much he thought they D4s cost. He said $100?

The look on his face when I told him $10. Lol.

Nov 13, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #39,469 of 99,637
..all I have with me is 320kbps EDM, for whatever that’s worth. The bass is enough as I would ever want, plus I can’t distinguish it from DD bass, like I can with regular pure BA arrangements. For me these have nice refinement which I never would have thought I’d hear at this price? ..

Thanks for sharing and its been particular useful to me.
Like you I'm often out myself listening to 320k EDM/Trance using just my iPhone or old Sony Walkman. Your experience so far sounds very promising especially with your comment on the Bass side of things. Having a BA instead of DD was a little concerning but you have managed to put those concerns to rest.

I'm in for a long wait as I ordered from AliExpress. Really hoping I get it before Christmas.
I get the impression the DM6 are readily available in Thailand or you rushed to Internet cafe to place another order ? Good prices ?

Look forward to reading more impressions from you.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #39,470 of 99,637
Well I’m only listening to them now out of an iPod Touch 6th gen, as I don’t travel with my gear, I’m in Thailand now. But I have learned to use the Touch to demo gear, kind of knowing the shortcomings and how stuff will sound later on with my Sony DAPs. Basicly everything just gets a little better. So at that time, with my DAPs and after 1-200 hours of burn-in I will feel better about describing the sound. But I purchased a back-up pair because I just kinda know these are going to scale. In fact before my purchase I had no idea about this thread, I heard about 10 Chi-Fi IEMs I was curious about and the DM6 was the best. The Secret Garden was OK, as was The Queen and King Pro by TFZ. The new Fii0
Flagship was OK but didn't sound as good or fit as well.

But so far they are just a slight V shape, with a maybe almost perfect treble roll-off; at least for me anyway. They walk that fine line of just enough treble and just enough roll off. Plus every once in a while there will be a polite extra treble display outside of the soundstage which is nice. Just refined with everything sounding normal, yet a little more clear and a little more exciting. I find the midrange just right, though all I have with me is 320kbps EDM, for whatever that’s worth. The bass is enough as I would ever want, plus I can’t distinguish it from DD bass, like I can with regular pure BA arrangements. For me these have nice refinement which I never would have thought I’d hear at this price? In fact after my first interest in Chi-Fi, I always thought most KZs had some small thing missing, something was left out of the signature. But the DM6 changes things; it’s the first Chi-Fi IEM that does it all correct, effortlessly. IMO
That's the only issue I have with the dm6 right now that some people say the mids are slightly recessed. I have the os v3 which has slightly recessed vocals aswell but I need something has good vocals which is not recessed.

Nov 13, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #39,471 of 99,637
A bit late to the party but these arrived today:
20181113_173323.jpg
20181113_173754.jpg

The last couple of days I've been listening to the unmentionable 6ba and the Rhythmos Super SD7 and the Pro 4 definitely has less bass impact than both of those. Vocals are great and more forward than on the SD7 but. Initial impressions (from the ES100) is mid-centric with great vocal reproduction and overall a very good offering for their price. They're pretty relaxed and natural sounding in their signature and I don't think anyone would find them fatiguing but they're not for bassheads. Should be interesting to compare them with the B400 when I get some more time with them.

I also got these but haven't had a chance to listen to them yet:

20181113_173738.jpg
20181113_173340.jpg
20181113_173403.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #39,474 of 99,637
@Redcarmoose thanks for the early impressions.. You have a XBA-Z5? How do you think they would compare?

I’ve been eying getting an XBA-Z5 after I lost my A3. I have an Etymotic ER4SR on the way so I’m probably good for neutral.

Nov 13, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #39,475 of 99,637
just heard back from Advanced that they have no reviews on the Elise yet. hope you can do one Lurk650!
Definitely will post my OOTB impressions and follow up with impressions after a few days. I haven't done a full fledged review in a while, maybe I'll do one. I wrote a small review on the Adv site the M5-1D (only one who did). Maybe I'll do a full review on here for those as well.

Adv's reward system is great. Buy stuff, get discounts on future products. I got the M3 BT cable for $15 off, making it $45 shipped. It sounds really great and is well built but unfortunately the 2 pin doesn't stay attached to my RX8, unsure why as they are both .78. Oh well. Considering returning it or maybe just keep it for the 1D if I want to run those fully BT. Or maybe I'll superglue the cable to the RX8 and make them perma-BT! I used another $15 coupon for the Elise and still have a 25% coupon for a later purchase (M5-5D is very tempting).

Nov 13, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #39,476 of 99,637
Definitely will post my OOTB impressions and follow up with impressions after a few days. I haven't done a full fledged review in a while, maybe I'll do one. I wrote a small review on the Adv site the M5-1D (only one who did). Maybe I'll do a full review on here for those as well.

Adv's reward system is great. Buy stuff, get discounts on future products. I got the M3 BT cable for $15 off, making it $45 shipped. It sounds really great and is well built but unfortunately the 2 pin doesn't stay attached to my RX8, unsure why as they are both .78. Oh well. Considering returning it or maybe just keep it for the 1D if I want to run those fully BT. Or maybe I'll superglue the cable to the RX8 and make them perma-BT! I used another $15 coupon for the Elise and still have a 25% coupon for a later purchase (M5-5D is very tempting).

I got the Superbass D3 and it is fantastic! rivals my Aurisonics 2.0 in bass impact, but still has decent mids and treble. i just burned in my Oriolous MK2, which are TOTL level performers
at midfi price (through MusicTeck, talk to Andrew ) which through Ayre Acoustics powered Pono have TOTL level clarity and dynamics!! Looking forward to your impressions on the Elise.! those guys at Advanced seem to know what they are doing tuning iems. i bet those M5-5D are spectacular, but no reviews on those yet either. of course my mystery bag iems are coming from AE in about a month or so, so we can find out if a ten dollar iem grab bag iem is the Hail Mary!!!!! DSnuts will be proud!
cheers!

Nov 13, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #39,478 of 99,637

Users who are viewing this thread

Back