The discovery thread!
Nov 10, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #39,227 of 98,045
DM6 vocals are more leveled than on IT01; DM6 is not mid centered, but vocals don´t sound thin to me. But that´s me, with my old 60 years old ears and hearing limited to 12,5 Khz
Currently I am having a hard time finding a tip that does not stay in my ear canal when retiring the IEM. The stem is ridiculously short.
Regarding soundstage DM6 has more depth and portraits ambience better, and more 3D if I could say so.

Now, "big soundstage for movies".. As a movie lover, I have spent years looking for a satisfactory solution for a headphone-based surround sound system, and after trying several systems (not too many available actually) I finally found it, Smyth Research Realizer. Here we are talking about soundstage of several feet . A room filled with sounds using headphones.... Just magical. Best purchase ever by far...
Sorry for sidetracking this thread
Thanks alot the Smyth research realizer sounds very tempting for someone like me! Which model is it btw? Also, for clarification, when you say it is not mid centred do you mean the vocals are inline with the rest of the sound or the vocals are slightly recessed? Because you have both it01 and dm6 I am asking you so I can figure out if it really is an upgrade for me.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #39,229 of 98,045
Switched from stock tips to E Final tips on BGVP DM6 and after 20 hours of burn-in, I am liking very much what I am hearing: tight and controlled bass, which kicks hard when called upon; no bass bleeding on midrange, male vocals sound particularly clean; midrange is polished and detailed. Initial rough edge in treble not longer present. Very 3D like presentation.
I find myself often lost in the music and forget paying atention to technicalities, and that is a good sign!!
After some more burn-in, going to try some tips from Ibasso and Tenmak that I have around.
On the negative side the stock wire is too flashy for me. Could someone recommend some options?

Nov 10, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #39,232 of 98,045
Thanks alot the Smyth research realizer sounds very tempting for someone like me! Which model is it btw? Also, for clarification, when you say it is not mid centred do you mean the vocals are inline with the rest of the sound or the vocals are slightly recessed? Because you have both it01 and dm6 I am asking you so I can figure out if it really is an upgrade for me.

I just played some Ella Fitzgerald´s recordings on both IT01 and DM6 and her voice sounds inline with the orchestra´s sounds,while on IT01 it sounds a little recessed. Hope it helps.
At this moment, for me, the DM6 is an upgrade over IT01 considering the emotional engagement I derive from them. Again, we sure have different expectations on what is an upgrade or not.
I am a happy camper with DM6

Regarding Smyth Research, I got the model A8, which was their first model. I was so sold on the technology that I arranged a trip from South America to Chicago to purchase the system. ( I contacted a high end store in New York but they didn´t bother to answer my request). Well, at that store in Illinois (Glenn´s Poor Audio) they open it for me one Sunday, where Mr Lorr Kramer from SR made the measurements himself. I ended up "cloning" a 5.1 system based on Wilson Audio Sasha, the 7.1 system at their Home theater room, and several 2.0 rigs (Magnepanan, and Sashas).
The "cloning" process (for lack of a better word) includes the whole audio chain from the audio source right up to the listener´s ear canals, including the room´s acoustics.
Every single time that I use the system I´m in awe. Is that good.
If you want want more details on SR Realizer please send me a PM.
regards

Nov 10, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #39,233 of 98,045
my dac has 2.5mm balanced out, is it worth it to buy some 2.5mm balanced cables for multi balance armature earphones, does it make any difference?

Certainly worth picking up one inexpensive cable to try out and see what you think. Balanced performance improvement or lack thereof will to some extent depend on how balanced and single-ended are implemented in your particular source. (Also a factor is whether you have any earphones that require more power than your source puts out in SE.)

Nov 10, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #39,234 of 98,045
Certainly worth picking up one inexpensive cable to try out and see what you think. Balanced performance improvement or lack thereof will to some extent depend on how balanced and single-ended are implemented in your particular source. (Also a factor is whether you have any earphones that require more power than your source puts out in SE.)
thanks, i will try it, one of them have 10ba per side so probably will benefit from more power

Nov 10, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #39,235 of 98,045
one more question, i have two amps for sale, one of them is very good but have 5ohm out and is not good for ba in ears, the other one is magni 2 and the magni is pitch black silent, is it wort it to keep the magni for IEMs, do they benefit from more power?

Nov 10, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #39,236 of 98,045
one more question, i have two amps for sale, one of them is very good but have 5ohm out and is not good for ba in ears, the other one is magni 2 and the magni is pitch black silent, is it wort it to keep the magni for IEMs, do they benefit from more power?
the dac alone is very clean but with my ER4S i have to turn it upp a lot without much headroom left

Nov 10, 2018 at 3:41 PM Post #39,237 of 98,045
Switched from stock tips to E Final tips on BGVP DM6 and after 20 hours of burn-in, I am liking very much what I am hearing: tight and controlled bass, which kicks hard when called upon; no bass bleeding on midrange, male vocals sound particularly clean; midrange is polished and detailed. Initial rough edge in treble not longer present. Very 3D like presentation.
I find myself often lost in the music and forget paying atention to technicalities, and that is a good sign!!
After some more burn-in, going to try some tips from Ibasso and Tenmak that I have around.
On the negative side the stock wire is too flashy for me. Could someone recommend some options?
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/low-end-cheap-generic-otherwise-bang-for-buck-cable-thread.891911/

Nov 10, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #39,239 of 98,045
Nov 10, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #39,240 of 98,045
Ok fellas. Got some tid bits. When you purchases stuff today tomorrow. Make sure you throw in one of these. Trust that this is gonna be a crazy deal. https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...ml?spm=2114.12010615.8148356.1.56745714SfE9LK

UTB8NNeSkYnJXKJkSahGq6xhzFXaY.jpg

Jim pointed me out with this. Says we are all gonna want one of what these are for $10.

Oh and For guys that missed out on the DMGs. NiceHCK M6 is going for $94!!.

HTB1G9jEXU_rK1Rjy0Fcq6zEvVXa7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back