The discovery thread!
May 8, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #35,927 of 99,736
OK, couple more days using the Fiio RC-BT and my satisfaction has dropped. I find they sometimes don't connect with my phone when turned on, they have more cutouts than my WI-1000X and my wife is complain about how distant I sound when using them. You combine this with the audio loss and I would rather live without controls and hold my phone near my mouth and just use the default cable or use my WI1000X.

Jant71, do have any issues using your BT solution? If not it probably is the better choice.

I will start looking for a good Aptx HD option as that would be my preference anyway.

Sorry to hear about that. Sounds like the usual FiiO; they just won't get it right the first time.

As for my BT cable it was free shipping from Japan so it will be here any day now :) Did get the earphones but not the BT cable yet.

May 8, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #35,928 of 99,736
@ericp10 You get your M3s yet?

Yes I did Ds. Had it for about six days now. It sounds marvelous! Really great synergy with my N5005 (balanced), and it makes the Sony Z5 and LZ A5 sing too (non-blanced). I should be getting my new filters today for the LA A5. Great value on the M3s. Thanks for the recommendation. The R6 is not available yet.

May 8, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #35,929 of 99,736
Yes I did Ds. Had it for about six days now. It sounds marvelous! Really great synergy with my N5005 (balanced), and it makes the Sony Z5 and LZ A5 sing too (non-blanced). I should be getting my new filters today for the LA A5. Great value on the M3s. Thanks for the recommendation. The R6 is not available yet.

Excellent. Glad your digging on em. I use mine just about every day. Love the player for everything it does. That sound is no joke. This was my first Shanling player and will not be my last. I am very certain I will get that tiny M0. That thing is too cool. Oh you plan on getting the R6 as well?

LZ A5 new filters will give that earphone more following. Definitely makes them nicer sounding.

Last edited:
May 8, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #35,930 of 99,736
Well, I can say that I’ve bought much worse then the HK6 for $200 and over. I didn’t expect them to be as good as I’m hearing them.

As for BT, the Sony WH1000XMK2 is an end game solution for me.

I was very surprised how good the HK6 came out as well. I am expecting more people to chime in with their HK6 experience soon. We will see.

Might have to consider a WH1000XMK2 next time it is on Massdrop.

May 8, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #35,931 of 99,736
VEClan, build one
I'll second the suggestion for the VEClan ones if you want just a cheap cable. $5 for the cable, $3 for e-packet to USA. Obviously for the price you're not getting superior jacks or connecting wire. I have a number of these in various orientations. Warning they describe the adapters backwards to my thinking. So a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter is for a 2.5mm TRRS female to 3.5mm TRRS male which is opposite to what I'd expect from the description. Just look at the pictures when you select the between the various styles and you can see the different male jacks to assure you're getting what you want.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Venture-Electronics-Adapter-Cables-2-5TRRS-TO-3-5SE/32837851783.html

May 9, 2018 at 8:58 AM Post #35,934 of 99,736
So I got some clarity from Jim about the sale for Head-fiers.. When purchasing place the head-fier code when checking out like this. Place code head-fier on the leave message for the seller box and the code should apply. You will get a $70 discount.

HTB1a8m4quSSBuNjy0Flq6zBpVXaF.jpg

Here's the discount price:

$199 without cable;

$219 with 2.5mm plug cable / 3.5mm plug cable;

$224 with 4.4mm plug cable;

Last edited:
May 9, 2018 at 9:29 AM Post #35,936 of 99,736
The Sony WH1000XM2 and LDAC from Android 8.0+ has made aptX and any cable with it obsolete to me. LDAC is a huge upgrade in BT sq.

The soundstage is the only part of the sound on the Sony that could be better, otherwise at Massdrop's price it is an awesome noise cancelling LDAC headset that was worth it's price alone having a crying baby behind me on my last flight. Didn't hear that little terror at all with them.

I rotate between them and the LZ A5. Both top notch, but the A5 needs EQ with the old filters.

May 9, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #35,938 of 99,736
So just so you guys know. The $200 price is actually the cheapest they have sold these. Previous sale was officially $209 for the non cabled version. Take this opportunity to snap one up.

May 9, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #35,939 of 99,736
OK, so I just placed an order, waiting for the price adjustment from their side and we will be good to go ! :ok_hand:

@Dsnuts thank you so much for all your time and input :pray:

May 9, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #35,940 of 99,736
Very cool of Jim at NiceHCK to give us headfiers a price break. Look forward to your take on them gugman. A few of you reached out to me about the silver cable. Just PM me if you want a link to it.

The stock cable on the HK6 is actually a good one an 8 Core SPC cable does have a ear guide on it but is a good cable. $220 with cable is an excellent price on these. If you plan to upgrade the HK6 with best optimal sound. A pure silver cable brings the sonics on the HK6 to a top level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back