The discovery thread!
Jan 6, 2018 at 1:42 AM Post #34,861 of 99,318
Last edited:
Jan 6, 2018 at 2:03 AM Post #34,862 of 99,318
I asked this question over at the zx300 thread too

I have access to a Multimeter however I have never touched one ever in my life. Would some kind experienced member kindly point me to how I can check the 4.4mm (to 2.5mm) adapter to see if the pin layout are the same and check the ground.

*edit* sent a PM since getting a bit off topic.

I think the shozy zero is still relevant to this thread, being one of the only iems in its price range to deliver a neutral/dark with sweet midrange kind of signature. Also, it's sound signature is adjustable via burn in.

Adjustable by burn in lolwat

IDK about Burn-in, but they can sound decent with some EQ applied, as long as you like bombastic midbass (I couldn't get it to settle down much). If they're only $20, corrected with EQ it's an pretty acceptable IEM for the price I think. Without EQ upper mids are super veiled/muffled.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2018 at 2:16 AM Post #34,863 of 99,318
*edit* sent a PM since getting a bit off topic.

IDK about Burn-in, but they can sound decent with some EQ applied, as long as you like bombastic midbass (I couldn't get it to settle down much). If they're only $20, corrected with EQ it's an pretty acceptable IEM for the price I think.
Mine doesn't seem too bombastic in the midbass, maybe a bit rolled off in the treble

Jan 6, 2018 at 2:23 AM Post #34,864 of 99,318
Guys!

What's the best earphone I can get for $20?

Come at me broz!

Haven't tried it myself, but if you don't mind modding James444's Blitzwolf mod looks interesting... I think those IEM are around $20.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2018 at 3:51 AM Post #34,865 of 99,318
Mine doesn't seem too bombastic in the midbass, maybe a bit rolled off in the treble

I do also find the midbass to be a deal breaker on them (too much presence). As for burn in I've got two pairs of them and compared them with one pair having 100 hours on them and the other zero, no difference to me at all so I don't seem to have golden ears :wink:

I'm expecting that unit variation may be pretty common among them (since impressions seem to be very different) which indicates bad qc.....

Anyway, they're a nice pair of IEM's for their asking price but not much more imo.

Jan 6, 2018 at 5:21 AM Post #34,866 of 99,318
I do also find the midbass to be a deal breaker on them (too much presence). As for burn in I've got two pairs of them and compared them with one pair having 100 hours on them and the other zero, no difference to me at all so I don't seem to have golden ears :wink:

I'm expecting that unit variation may be pretty common among them (since impressions seem to be very different) which indicates bad qc.....

Anyway, they're a nice pair of IEM's for their asking price but not much more imo.
It's probably something to do with the wood, natural variations can happen

Jan 6, 2018 at 5:35 AM Post #34,867 of 99,318
Jan 6, 2018 at 5:47 AM Post #34,868 of 99,318
Yeah sure lol.....
Shozy has a decent reputation of being able to QC, as seen in their past and current products. I do not believe that the QC on the zeros would be too poor

Jan 6, 2018 at 6:13 AM Post #34,869 of 99,318
Shozy has a decent reputation of being able to QC, as seen in their past and current products. I do not believe that the QC on the zeros would be too poor

That mine right and if it's so I'm still wondering about these huge changes due to burn in on them when there's in fact none that I'm able to detect from a/b two pairs from the same batch with the same source. A wild guess would be that people haven't actually done a a/b comparison and are fooled by their own audio memory. The difference on impressions may always come from different sources, different music models, different fit, different preferences etc. so those are easier to understand.

Anyway the Zeros are certainly not a discovery anymore and the initial claims of them being better than pretty much every sub $500 offerings have been put to rest a long time ago so I really don't understand why they're a topic in this thread in 2018.....

In next life I hope that I'm born with golden ears so that I can hear all this burn in and huge differences from different cables. In a way I'm lucky that I don't though because it mean I can spend my money on headphones instead of cables and actually hear a difference.

Sorry for the outburst, bad hair day I'd guess. Gentlemen please carry on :wink:

Jan 6, 2018 at 7:31 AM Post #34,870 of 99,318
I think the shozy zero is still relevant to this thread, being one of the only iems in its price range to deliver a neutral/dark with sweet midrange kind of signature. Also, it's sound signature is adjustable via burn in.
Umm I've not noticed any change with mine whatsoever lol.

Jan 6, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #34,872 of 99,318
Don't know. My pair was warm smooth a bit too smooth and it had great stage but don't know what about that sound that didn't jive with me. It was a bit boring to me for some reason. Could have been my sources at the time but I had it for a good year before I sold it off. I am onto better and to my ears the IT01 is better.

So I got this cable to use with my RT-1
HTB17shEhamgSKJjSsphq6Ay1VXau.jpg

Fit is perfect and it does bring up the resolution of the RT-1 a touch. I am gonna let the cable get acclimated to the RT-1 but thus far this is a clear upgrade for the RT-1. Sounds great in balanced.
can u share where you bought this.. I'm also looking for replacement cable for my rt-1

Jan 6, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #34,873 of 99,318
Guys, if you want less bass on your Shozy Zero, just burn them in with whale sounds on a loop for about 47 hours. 50% of the time, it works every time.
:)
Why don't u buy one more and we can try it

Jan 6, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #34,874 of 99,318
Guys, if you want less bass on your Shozy Zero, just burn them in with whale sounds on a loop for about 47 hours. 50% of the time, it works every time.
:)

Damn, that's were I made my mistake: I've been using dolphin sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back