The discovery thread!
Dec 28, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #34,771 of 98,044
I dont think my opinion is expert but i felt that the z5 was muddy, even in balanced. I think something that would blow everyone's minds is thr it01 for the value.
Im just saying at z5 prices, many better things can be found.
IT01! you hit the right chord :D

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017 at 1:30 AM Post #34,772 of 98,044
Here is my end game circa Jr High school
th
This Panasonic Shockwave cassette player and shockwave XBASS headphones Definitely end game. I have yet to capture anything that comes close to that vibrating headphone with all that bass!
You might want to check the older high-end Walkmans and get some metal cassettes to get hi-fi analogue sq on the go

Dec 29, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #34,773 of 98,044
Hello,
I have a €10 gift card to spend at an online store and I would like to discover some cheap IEMs to keep as backup. Some advices on what could be or is a good value, just to avoid complete crap (it happened with an Italian stupid brand). I have these options, any recommendations? Consider that I already own the philips 3580 and the Sony M1HC if it helps:

- panasonic rp-tcm105
- MAXELL PLUGZ
- sony mdr-ex15
- MARLEY LITTLE BIRD
- PANASONIC RP-TCM50E
- JBL T110

I would like to avoid V-shaped sounds. Thanks!

Dec 29, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #34,774 of 98,044
I dont think my opinion is expert but i felt that the z5 was muddy, even in balanced. I think something that would blow everyone's minds is thr it01 for the value.
Im just saying at z5 prices, many better things can be found.

Thats fair. I suppose you have to be a fan of Sony sound.

Hello,
I have a €10 gift card to spend at an online store and I would like to discover some cheap IEMs to keep as backup. Some advices on what could be or is a good value, just to avoid complete **** (it happened with an Italian stupid brand). I have these options, any recommendations? Consider that I already own the philips 3580 and the Sony M1HC if it helps:

- panasonic rp-tcm105
- MAXELL PLUGZ
-sony mdr-ex15
- MARLEY LITTLE BIRD
- PANASONIC RP-TCM50E
- JBL T110

This a difficult one. havent tried any of these but out of all of em I would go with the Sony. I am willing to bet all of em will be some type of V shaped sound however. Most cheap stuff is consumer tuned so will have elevated bass. I trust Sony to make at least a decent cheapo consumer sound. Panasonic HJE120s are ok for the cheap if you can find them.

Out of the recent discoveries if you can spend up to a bit more the Tin Audio T2 comes to mind as a great balanced earphone for the price. I know it is more expensive at around $45 or so but it might be what your looking for if you want something different than what you listed.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #34,775 of 98,044
Does anyone have the MeeAudio M7 pro? How much burn in does it require?

Dec 29, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #34,776 of 98,044
Thats fair. I suppose you have to be a fan of Sony sound.

This a difficult one. havent tried any of these but out of all of em I would go with the Sony. I am willing to bet all of em will be some type of V shaped sound however. Most cheap stuff is consumer tuned so will have elevated bass. I trust Sony to make at least a decent cheapo consumer sound. Panasonic HJE120s are ok for the cheap if you can find them.

Out of the recent discoveries if you can spend up to a bit more the Tin Audio T2 comes to mind as a great balanced earphone for the price. I know it is more expensive at around $45 or so but it might be what your looking for if you want something different than what you listed.
Thanks... honestly I never understood why consumer sound = v shaped sound.

Dec 29, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #34,777 of 98,044
Everyone likes bass. Reason why beats exist. When you get elevated bass you prettymuch get a V sound. Even most neutral phones have some elevation in the bass area so a mild V can take place in even a reference tuned phone. Of course you want to hear the details in the treble reagion.

An absolute flat sound is not the most exciting however. But there are mids lovers that prefer it this way so it comes to preference.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #34,778 of 98,044
Yeah, because the average consumer is most impressed by sensitivity, if it sounds loud it's good. And the amount of bass and the boosted treble also excite the most. A lot of people look for bass quantity first and then comes the boosted treble, which creates a fake sense of clarity and resolution and the average guy doesn't really pay attention to tonal balance, natural sound, timbre etc.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #34,779 of 98,044
Hello,
I have a €10 gift card to spend at an online store and I would like to discover some cheap IEMs to keep as backup. Some advices on what could be or is a good value, just to avoid complete **** (it happened with an Italian stupid brand). I have these options, any recommendations? Consider that I already own the philips 3580 and the Sony M1HC if it helps:

- panasonic rp-tcm105
- MAXELL PLUGZ
- sony mdr-ex15
- MARLEY LITTLE BIRD
- PANASONIC RP-TCM50E
- JBL T110

Panasonic 'ergo fit' IEMs aren't too bad- super comfortable, durable (at least my pair were) and have tolerable sound, haven't had them for a long time but IIRC they are somewhat V and don't isolate much.
Almsot triple your price but Zero Audio Carbo Tenore is the only budget IEM I have particularly liked for sound quality so far and is also non-V, but I also haven't heard that much in the pricerange.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #34,780 of 98,044
Panasonic 'ergo fit' IEMs aren't too bad- super comfortable, durable (at least my pair were) and have tolerable sound, haven't had them for a long time but IIRC they are somewhat V and don't isolate much.
Almsot triple your price but Zero Audio Carbo Tenore is the only budget IEM I have particularly liked for sound quality so far and is also non-V, but I also haven't heard that much in the pricerange.

The Tenore is a great earphone IMO, but I'm worried about its long-term durability. That flimsy ass cable!

On an unrelated note, someone stole my F9. :triportsad:

Dec 31, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #34,783 of 98,044
Jan 1, 2018 at 7:35 AM Post #34,785 of 98,044

Users who are viewing this thread

Back