The discovery thread!
Nov 18, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #31,231 of 99,709
I can understand some of the guys not liking the treble energy of the Finder X1. It does require some tip rolling and the right source to sound right but when it does it sounds amazing. 

As for the CKS1100. I am gonna let it burn in some more the rest of this week before I do some comparisons but for now. This is yet another clear evidence of what burn in does for AT earphones.

The Finder X1 goes for clarity and detail. Some will find the upper regions to be a bit hot. It does take a bit of tip rolling and the right match so far as source goes but once you get that down it sounds freakishly awesome. It does lean toward a brighter signature due to the treble energy the Finder X1 have.  

One word of advice I can give to guys that are getting the Finder X1. Get your tips ready because it is tip sensitive. It seems to me that tips that fit taller on the nozzle sound better than the stock tips they provide. I am currently using MH1C and Brainwavz double flange tips. Both work well for me. Again tip rolling and the right source is key to these earphones. 

Out of all my daps my older X3 is a great match for the Finder X1 as well as my Fiio X1 and E11K combo. Try this try that. And most important. Keep them on the burn. I am convinced the combination of silver coating on the cable and the thin driver they have in the housing need a lot of run in before sounding correct. 

Nov 19, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #31,232 of 99,709
  Has anyone tried these:

i.VALUX Hybrid 10mm Dynamic Balanced Armature (BA) Dual-Driver In Ear Monitors IEMS Wood

Wood vs the 10mm metal iValux that I have and enjoy.

Tempted - maybe next Friday?

r2

I heard that Bette was having issues with their brand name and had plans to change it.  I wonder if i.Valux is their new name?

Nov 19, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #31,233 of 99,709
New name or just a seller name, both versions were available at the same time a while back (could still be, did not check).

I could not find a good place to order the 10mm Bette, so I ordered the iValux 10mm blue no mic.  I do not know if it sounds like the Bette version, however I really like to SQ.  I also have the 8mm Bette and cannot find a way to like them.  Just wondering about the Wood version of the 10mm.  If they get a discount on BF I will probably order them.

r2

Nov 20, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #31,235 of 99,709

I heard that Bette was having issues with their brand name and had plans to change it.  I wonder if i.Valux is their new name?

cool.gif
Don't know but I have the originals with Metal Housings, I wouldn't opt for the wood version.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Nov 20, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #31,237 of 99,709
Here's my comparison of LZ-A2 and Tenore.  Based on this, what would you recommend next?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/665111/zero-audio-zh-dx200-carbo-tenore-zh-dx210-carbo-basso-carbon-aluminium-iem-thread/5340#post_12094172

Nov 21, 2015 at 2:52 AM Post #31,239 of 99,709
  Here's my comparison of LZ-A2 and Tenore.  Based on this, what would you recommend next?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/665111/zero-audio-zh-dx200-carbo-tenore-zh-dx210-carbo-basso-carbon-aluminium-iem-thread/5340#post_12094172

first harmonic ieb6. Havent heard a2, but solidly beats tenores {which i really liked)

+1 Grayson, I'm sure you would like the ieb6. Got them last week using the amazon coupon and I'm really surprised by them. They're even slightly smaller than Tenore.

Nov 21, 2015 at 4:58 AM Post #31,240 of 99,709

+1 Grayson, I'm sure you would like the ieb6. Got them last week using the amazon coupon and I'm really surprised by them. They're even slightly smaller than Tenore.

+1

The ieb6 harmonics sound frigging amazing for the price. The soundstage depth helps with the earphone's height, despite the lack of width that 's present. While the depth doesn't beat the cks1100s, it's pretty close, along with the height (though again, loses by at least a finger's width).

Still trying to adjust to the sound, but it does sound a bit weird after hearing the cks1100s for so long. The cks1100s now sound a bit lacking in air compared to the ieb6s. The ieb6s, though, might be too airy, which to me, sounds somewhat bad due to a tinnish sound. The vocals, however, are pretty great due to the smoothness and clarity. The guitars have so much crunch and bite compared to the cks1100s that it's laughable. The ieb6s do have big sound for such tiny drivers. I just want a bit more weight to the instruments (since it sounds just a bit thin) for some things. The drums sound pretty on point, the snare sound, weight, and clarity are pretty good. 

bass is pretty tight and abundant. While the cks1100s beats it in quantity to quality ratio (as the cks1100s have both equal amount of quality to the enormous quantity), that's saying something for the ieb6's sound as it's only $50. The bass has good texture, tightness, and speed. The presentation is clean overall.

Nov 21, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #31,241 of 99,709
Tempted to get a First Harmonic but I went in a different direction. I got a Senn CX1.00 which are also getting great impressions. $20 or less so they were cheaper was probably the main reason and they are something different. Still small but a different form factor.

Housings about as small as an ear tip...
26-106-709-Z03

...but shallow fit with long strains more akin to the CKS fit.
We'll see how it goes :)

Nov 21, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #31,242 of 99,709
Tempted to get a First Harmonic but I went in a different direction. I got a Senn CX1.00 which are also getting great impressions. $20 or less so they were cheaper was probably the main reason and they are something different. Still small but a different form factor.

Housings about as small as an ear tip...
26-106-709-Z03

...but shallow fit with long strains more akin to the CKS fit.
We'll see how it goes :)

Will look out for an update on these.

I was gonna order the first harmonics IEB6 as well but may hang back for now.

Nov 21, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #31,243 of 99,709
Should receive them right after the holiday on Fri or Sat. I know they are a safe bet but not exactly how they present. A couple say they are right there with the MIE which Joker gave an 8.6 to IIRC. So, $19 or $20 for that level is a good deal. Another Head-fier who owns them said they show how long in the tooth the IE80 etc. are now.

I do always remember the CX250 which was pretty special as far as presentation as far as an airy 3D stage with a wonderful immersive quality that was really engaging. They lacked overall resolution and detail though. Beautiful presentation that I don't mind grabbing the CX1.00 for to see if they have that magic with more technical ability. Worth trying for me. i'll report back on what I think of them :)

Nov 21, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #31,244 of 99,709
  Twin,

Why not?  Price difference?

r2

cool.gif
Well firstly I've never really cared for the warmth that wood tends to artificially introduce into the EQ, Don't get me wrong I like Darker sigs. But wood seems to Dampen Frequencies especially in Headphones. Secondly I have the All metal ones and they're great. why mess with a good thing? Thirdly the shape of them makes me think that someone cut off a couple ends of staircase spindles, hollowed them out and inserted drivers and a nozzle and called them "Earphones".
biggrin.gif

JMHO

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Nov 23, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #31,245 of 99,709
  +1

The ieb6 harmonics sound frigging amazing for the price. The soundstage depth helps with the earphone's height, despite the lack of width that 's present. While the depth doesn't beat the cks1100s, it's pretty close, along with the height (though again, loses by at least a finger's width).

Still trying to adjust to the sound, but it does sound a bit weird after hearing the cks1100s for so long. The cks1100s now sound a bit lacking in air compared to the ieb6s. The ieb6s, though, might be too airy, which to me, sounds somewhat bad due to a tinnish sound. The vocals, however, are pretty great due to the smoothness and clarity. The guitars have so much crunch and bite compared to the cks1100s that it's laughable. The ieb6s do have big sound for such tiny drivers. I just want a bit more weight to the instruments (since it sounds just a bit thin) for some things. The drums sound pretty on point, the snare sound, weight, and clarity are pretty good. 

bass is pretty tight and abundant. While the cks1100s beats it in quantity to quality ratio (as the cks1100s have both equal amount of quality to the enormous quantity), that's saying something for the ieb6's sound as it's only $50. The bass has good texture, tightness, and speed. The presentation is clean overall.

Wow, 3 of you recommend the IEB6.  One of you should start a dedicated thread on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back