The discovery thread!
Feb 9, 2024 at 3:07 PM Post #94,816 of 111,760
Due for release in March, the GEEKWOLD GK300 uses 10BA+2PZT+8mmPlanar+8mm DD! Priced at $500.00.

This photo showed up on their Facebook Page? I’m about 99% sure it is it.
A03D74D8-775D-457F-BB09-8C52C4469029.jpeg

Then there is this shot of the GK300.
B0FF3422-CD23-4FF0-9658-F7A0BB17AC25.png

Feb 9, 2024 at 3:08 PM Post #94,817 of 111,760
Due for release in March, the GEEKWOLD GK300 uses 10BA+2PZT+8mmPlanar+8mm DD!
I'm sure they could have fit more drivers in there somewhere 😏

Feb 9, 2024 at 3:12 PM Post #94,818 of 111,760
I'm sure they could have fit more drivers in there somewhere 😏
No that’s (maybe) why they went with an 8mm DD, probably bigger wouldn’t fit! Pretty soon we will have IEMs the size of full-size headphones.

Feb 9, 2024 at 3:14 PM Post #94,819 of 111,760
But most budget CHIFI don't use sound tubes, they just dump a BA inside the nozzle

And then when you get to top end market, they remove tubes and dump BA in the nozzle again :dt880smile:

358375270_663343462347770_2423762501307864492_n.jpg

4 years ago at the height of the BL-03 hype, I visited a local audiophile who pairs a kilobuck cable with his BLON BL-03, saying it makes the sound "richer".

Considering the BL-03 is $20ish, well to each his own, it's his own money after all, and if he gets a eargasm with this set-up, why not?

Personally, I won't use a cable that costs more than the IEM itself. But okay back to discoveries here in this thread!

My friend still keep a BL03 next to his ultra high end collection. One time he did this experiment. I heard that the blon sounds quite good when driven from a source chain 1000x more expensive :dt880smile:

So big heads and ugly fingers are the head-fi audiophile stereotype? Yikes, what have I gotten myself into 🤣

That’s it, i’m making 3d anime waifu as the presenter for the next video 😤

Feb 9, 2024 at 3:18 PM Post #94,820 of 111,760
I just don't want to have a 600-dollar iem sit on my desk that I never use and barely want to use.
Eventually, that must happen if you are a collector, as I am. If I use one IEM once per year and enjoy it, I find that a triumph.

I don't calculate joy with money. This is not business to me. It's pure pleasure and joy...and I don't mix those two, not ever!
How many times do I use headphones divided by how much does it cost...that doesn't work in my house :)

Oops, an even better calculation for me...if I use these or those headphones once in 5 or 10 years...
It's a bonus; I will enjoy the moment to the fullest :)

screw it, we are all different, and that's a good thing!!!

I like that Z guy; he is genuine and funny...and that's all I want from him on rare occasions when I watch YT reviews.

Feb 9, 2024 at 3:50 PM Post #94,821 of 111,760
Eventually, that must happen if you are a collector, as I am. If I use one IEM once per year and enjoy it, I find that a triumph.

I don't calculate joy with money. This is not business to me. It's pure pleasure and joy...and I don't mix those two, not ever!
How many times do I use headphones divided by how much does it cost...that doesn't work in my house :)

Oops, an even better calculation for me...if I use these or those headphones once in 5 or 10 years...
It's a bonus; I will enjoy the moment to the fullest :)

screw it, we are all different, and that's a good thing!!!

I like that Z guy; he is genuine and funny...and that's all I want from him on rare occasions when I watch YT reviews.
I think you can sell iems that you don't like and still be a part of the hobby. I will keep all my samples, but like iems that I buy and get bored with... No reason to keep them in my collection forever. I do still have my first headphone from when I was 11 but generally, I just don't find myself wanting to keep a collection. What will my family do with them all when I pass. Probably sell them on ebay for a few dollars lol! Sell more headphones, and buy endgame. :) You can only listen to one set at a time!

I respect the collectors. I want to see more collections from people. Timmy from Gizaudio showed off his collection and it was impressive. How many headphones/iems do you keep in your collection? @fidgeraldo

Feb 9, 2024 at 3:53 PM Post #94,822 of 111,760
Haha I have one dragon IEM to greet the new year.

The Celest Wyvern Pro
Wyvern_6.jpeg
Wyvern_1.jpeg

Sidegrade budget Harmanish tuned single DD. But it comes with some boom mic for gaming. Average technicalities but suitable as a beginner IEM for folks new to the hobby.
Celest should have checked their facts. A wyvern is a type of dragon but only has two legs, not four!

Feb 9, 2024 at 4:01 PM Post #94,823 of 111,760
Celest should have checked their facts. A wyvern is a type of dragon but only has two legs, not four!
Celest Wyvern is actually a dragon, and Skyrim’s dragons are actually wyverns 🤔

Feb 9, 2024 at 4:09 PM Post #94,824 of 111,760
Tansio Mirai X 10th Anniversary

Got this on loan from a friend, heres some short impressions after a few hours:
In short TSMR X is a hybrid with 2DD and 4BA with a vent module similar to 64audio on the faceplate.
I like to embrace the V shape and use it in UP DOWN DOWN config for the most bass. Standard mode is DOWN UP DOWN and has a little better balance but still V shaped.

Highlights perhaps the punchy and deep bass. Quite visceral on bassy music.

Clear treble, perhaps a little spicy on certain parts. Also good amount of air to the TSMR X.
Better on darker vocals than bright ones, mids in general is shadowed by bass and treble and can sound a little veiled.
The soundstage I dont feel is that good, sounds more closed in for me.

As a V shaped set its good. And would rather say price is correct at 400usd. I would pick this instead of Meastro Mini as a v shaped bassy set.

DSCF4365.jpg

Feb 9, 2024 at 4:15 PM Post #94,825 of 111,760
Tansio Mirai X 10th Anniversary

Got this on loan from a friend, heres some short impressions after a few hours:
In short TSMR X is a hybrid with 2DD and 4BA with a vent module similar to 64audio on the faceplate.
I like to embrace the V shape and use it in UP DOWN DOWN config for the most bass. Standard mode is DOWN UP DOWN and has a little better balance but still V shaped.

Highlights perhaps the punchy and deep bass. Quite visceral on bassy music.

Clear treble, perhaps a little spicy on certain parts. Also good amount of air to the TSMR X.
Better on darker vocals than bright ones, mids in general is shadowed by bass and treble and can sound a little veiled.
The soundstage I dont feel is that good, sounds more closed in for me.

As a V shaped set its good. And would rather say price is correct at 400usd. I would pick this instead of Meastro Mini as a v shaped bassy set.

DSCF4365.jpg
I wonder if the midrange balance and the stage would sound better if you go with the 010 or 001?

Feb 9, 2024 at 4:35 PM Post #94,826 of 111,760
I wonder if the midrange balance and the stage would sound better if you go with the 010 or 001?
90% of my listening was in the 010 setting and I based most my impressions against the OH700Vb and Mega5EST that I have used the last week. Stage doesn't change for me with the settings.

Only find it to get more bassy when using the 100 without to much else changing, perhaps more husky vocals and more guitar fullness etc.
But going from 100 to 001 I do find it to change more, and clearly more balanced.

Actually can be a little spicy on bright female vocalist or sax playing, closing into sibilance territory. And this is also a reason why perhaps the more bassy side of 100 is better for me, as it balances it some out.

Its a good set as I mentioned, and due to switches you get more chance for success as you can fine tune it slightly some to taste.

----------------------------------------------

Didn't talk about the shell and comfort, they are fairly small. For the most very comfortable, better than the Penon 10th. But the shell lack comfort groves so I get some comfort spots after some time.

It look very good to me, and the weight of the solid resin feel more premium than many other resin IEMs.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 4:49 PM Post #94,827 of 111,760
Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 4:51 PM Post #94,828 of 111,760
I want to see more collections from people. Timmy from Gizaudio showed off his collection and it was impressive. How many headphones/iems do you keep in your collection? @fidgeraldo
That's cool; that's what I was writing about...we all have our thing.
But noooo, I am nothing like that guy; hmm, I don't know much about him either, except that I saw him on YT :)

Anyway, who is he? I thought that he was GIZAUDIO, no? Is he not the boss? Damn :)

No, no...I don't like to be exposed. I am doing this for myself; I really have nothing to show off, not even close to that.

Frankly, I've been in headphones and gear last past year, and I never took a photo of any of my headphones or amps or DACs or whatever.
It's just not my thing. It seems that I really felt relaxed in this thread, among other IEMHOLICS :), and I started posting gear.

Perhaps it also helped that I encountered my homie (he knows who :)), so I just joined the party.
I really wouldn't like to talk about my stuff with numbers...I like it natural, and when it comes to showing something, I will show...until I don't :)

I am not even close to a number of IEMs to big players here or YT guys (perhaps in several years : ) ),
but I don't sell my stuff either like some of them do... and when I buy something I buy it because I liked it, not because someone told me to.

And that's why I have no reason to sell any of the things I bought.

It's the same thing in life. I regretted only things that had gone wrong when I listened to others.
I never, ever, even made a mistake when I listened to myself.

But even if I did, I would never regret it if I listened to myself and it turned bad. That's how it is... Hi-Fi is no different.

I don't judge, and I don't care if I'm being judged...it's your thing and not mine; speaking in general, didn't mean you directly :)

Cheers! :v:

Feb 9, 2024 at 5:19 PM Post #94,829 of 111,760
I think Super Reviews is the most well rounded reviewer around, arguably my first rec when it comes to IEM reviews.

Yeah, Mark is great at it, and I've met him; he's a real cool dude.

Feb 9, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #94,830 of 111,760
90% of my listening was in the 010 setting and I based most my impressions against the OH700Vb and Mega5EST that I have used the last week. Stage doesn't change for me with the settings.

Only find it to get more bassy when using the 100 without to much else changing, perhaps more husky vocals and more guitar fullness etc.
But going from 100 to 001 I do find it to change more, and clearly more balanced.

Actually can be a little spicy on bright female vocalist or sax playing, closing into sibilance territory. And this is also a reason why perhaps the more bassy side of 100 is better for me, as it balances it some out.

Its a good set as I mentioned, and due to switches you get more chance for success as you can fine tune it slightly some to taste.

----------------------------------------------

Didn't talk about the shell and comfort, they are fairly small. For the most very comfortable, better than the Penon 10th. But the shell lack comfort groves so I get some comfort spots after some time.

It look very good to me, and the weight of the solid resin feel more premium than many other resin IEMs.
I know we all hear differently, but the one thing you hear.....which is so different to me, is the staging. I hear a wide stage with depth and quite impressive imaging and locational cues. I find myself following instruments locationally. I find it quite holographic. Sounds very different to your copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back