The discovery thread!
Jan 20, 2023 at 12:58 AM Post #71,431 of 99,781
Haha, the bad news (or maybe good news depending on which side of the fence you sit on?) is that in a few days time, it is Chinese New Year. Factories and logistics are closed for a couple of weeks for a massive holiday in China.

So we probably will not see any KZ pokemons hatching from their eggs for some days. These few weeks might be the DROP JVC Pokemon spam release though, so maybe Japan-FI for a change?

Yep, also brings us to the next point, it might be wise not to buy gear from China these couple of weeks. The orders won't flow thru till much later, and there will be a mega logistics backlog thereafter.

KZ hunting for them shiny IEMs, looking for the budget apocalypse.

Their latest offspring was a 10 dollar bullet style IEM I'm sure people will forget tomorrow.

Jan 20, 2023 at 1:02 AM Post #71,432 of 99,781
If you ever see me saying something that's not right, feel free to correct me, i'm still learning! Like @o0genesis0o make me realize when evaluate something, you have to listen to them with the same volume, i usually crank the volume to whatever i like to enjoy (i like edm at times so), if i enjoy this more than the other i will rank them higher (bad move, i know), so i having tinnitus is quite reasonable.
Also Lunar New Year occur this weekend, so i will be off... for 2 hours (cleaning my house, etc etc). Still waiting for my Neon to come (deliver by sunyou logistic which have 1.4 star rating...), ordered the Hexa and iec711 coupler, looking forward receive them
Edit: i still don't know why i have to buy iec711... Bought them 69$ on taobao (nice), and now i don't know how to get it's calibrated file
great and congratz on HEXA!

H570 tips really pairs HEXA very well, bass LCP woofer has great resonance with this tip, and imaging projection from BA will directly presented to your ear with that Ear tip. M size will suffice for HEXA, if worried L always works fine.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023 at 1:15 AM Post #71,433 of 99,781
great and congratz on HEXA!

H570 tips really pairs HEXA very well, bass LCP woofer has great resonance with this tip, and imaging projection from BA will directly presented to your ear with that Ear tip. M size will suffice for HEXA, if worried L always works fine.

Is the H570 behave / have sound projection similarly like azla crystal?

Jan 20, 2023 at 1:51 AM Post #71,435 of 99,781
If you ever see me saying something that's not right, feel free to correct me, i'm still learning! Like @o0genesis0o make me realize when evaluate something, you have to listen to them with the same volume, i usually crank the volume to whatever i like to enjoy (i like edm at times so), if i enjoy this more than the other i will rank them higher (bad move, i know), so i having tinnitus is quite reasonable.
Also Lunar New Year occur this weekend, so i will be off... for 2 hours (cleaning my house, etc etc). Still waiting for my Neon to come (deliver by sunyou logistic which have 1.4 star rating...), ordered the Hexa and iec711 coupler, looking forward receive them
Edit: i still don't know why i have to buy iec711... Bought them 69$ on taobao (nice), and now i don't know how to get it's calibrated file

Congrats on your Hexa! Looking forward for your impressions.

I personally do not use the calibration file. My file lifts the upper treble around 1dB. However, there is a chance that I forgot to apply the calibration, so it's better if everything is uncompensated, just in case.

I don't have any new IEM to share, but I have been testing Awful P5 with Nintendo Switch. The DAC/amp within the OG Switch is surprisingly good. Like really good. Yes, it hisses with Andromeda. But at the same time, it projects the soundstage and imaging with great accuracy. I guess someone at Nintendo care enough to put decent hardware inside. I might do some serious A/B tests in the future.

Btw, early verdict about P5: Buy!

If you use Apple dongle (e.g., beginning your head-fi hobby), then you can be sure that P5 will keep up with whatever DAC/amp or DAP you get in the future (and bring the changes up to your nose, like "hear this! hear this!"). If you use something like K7 or M6 Ultra (maybe DX170?), then enjoy. Besides the soundstage size, I can't imagine how kilobuck IEMs can stomp this. In fact, if you put this IEM against some underperforming kilobuck, there would definitely be stomping. Of the kilobuck.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023 at 1:52 AM Post #71,436 of 99,781
Is the H570 behave / have sound projection similarly like azla crystal?
Only characteristics AZLA Crystal and H570 shared is the shape, the material used for AZLA Crystal is much stiffer and that impacts how ear tip would actuate bass range resonance, as well as harmonic distortion management. Of which H570 handles it a lot better than Crystal.

H570 is a straight upgrade of AZLA Crystal

Jan 20, 2023 at 2:00 AM Post #71,437 of 99,781
So this is probably a sub brand of QDC judging from the identical switching mode instruction sheet.
Is that Joyodio drivers sourced from Bellsing? If so qdc sourcing Bellsing is pretty interesting move.
Their main business is more of industrial /professional applications, so applying Bellsing for low-cost segment actually makes sense.

They make military and law-enforcement audio equipments too.
02307444-9C80-4BF9-AC4A-C83ADBFEC5A9.jpeg

http://www.qdc.com/en/index/index.html

Jan 20, 2023 at 2:12 AM Post #71,438 of 99,781
Congrats on your Hexa! Looking forward for your impressions.

I personally do not use the calibration file. My file lifts the upper treble around 1dB. However, there is a chance that I forgot to apply the calibration, so it's better if everything is uncompensated, just in case.

Bro actually, the calibration file is quite important for IEC711 couplers. In fact, every coupler comes with an individual calibration file sent by the manufacturer, which is unique for that coupler only.

But I guess if you are using your graphs to compare across the same user/rig, then maybe no value-add to use the calibration file, especially if you already know which area to compensate in terms of dB.

You have to ask the seller to email you the calibration file. Just drop a message, they will know.

Is that Joyodio drivers sourced from Bellsing? If so qdc sourcing Bellsing is pretty interesting move.
Their main business is more of industrial /professional applications, so applying Bellsing for low-cost segment actually makes sense.

They make military and law-enforcement audio equipments too.

http://www.qdc.com/en/index/index.html

There are not many CHIFI that can truly call themselves TOTL - most other CHIFI definitely give bang-for-buck at the budget/midFI segments - but QDC and maybe DUNU and Softears are probably one of the only few to have muscled in successfully among the bigboys of western/japanese TOTL IEMs.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023 at 2:15 AM Post #71,439 of 99,781
Bro actually, the calibration file is quite important for IEC711 couplers. In fact, every coupler comes with an individual calibration file sent by the manufacturer, which is unique for that coupler only.

But I guess if you are using your graphs to compare across the same user/rig, then maybe no value-add to use the calibration file, especially if you already know which area to compensate in terms of dB.

Yeah, the change is minimal and stays way above the resonance peak, where the coupler is already inaccurate, so I decided to leave the calibration out.

If I were to appeal to authority, I would say Mr Super*Review does the same :dt880smile:

Fun fact, I bought the coupler because I wanted to develop my own EQ profiles. It was when I believe that with the power of EQ and apple dongle, I can match any kilobuck :dt880smile:

Jan 20, 2023 at 2:40 AM Post #71,440 of 99,781

You have to ask the seller to email you the calibration file. Just drop a message, they will know.

There are not many CHIFI that can truly call themselves TOTL - most other CHIFI definitely give bang-for-buck at the budget/midFI segments - but QDC and maybe DUNU and Softears are probably one of the only few to have muscled in successfully among the bigboys of western/japanese TOTL IEMs.
Yea qdc has not a joke full-stack R&D facility and I even think they do make their proprietary Balanced Armature that is not Knowles/Sonion/Bellsing. So when compared to other brands qdc’s backbone is very solid, I know qdc was in responsible for Beijin Olympics stage monitors sound engineering too.

Their stage monitor 4SS (4BA 4way) is somehow tempting…I may get a universal model someday.
Crin graphed 8BA model of stage monitor, 8SS. Complete flat bass😄
AC9D80DC-DFC4-4906-A91A-142A971E1837.jpeg

Also the 4SS isn’t jaw dropping asking, basic options goes for 4980 CNY that comes around $720USD. And they have very beautiful faceplates to choose for..
974D3D5E-8580-4B93-86D3-CDC971B17A05.jpeg
95861F6B-5B08-4968-BD65-AD682775A25A.jpeg

AB98A5F3-5E19-4E69-B56A-7B7452739B6C.jpeg
8E6BC0AC-450F-4452-8800-9D2C7A8F072D.jpeg

Jan 20, 2023 at 3:13 AM Post #71,442 of 99,781
I have not idea but I guess someone will open it up soon enough and maybe find some unbranded drivers inside.
Are there specs out on the Droplet? If it’s less sensitive I can use it with my Alien for that lower to mid-mid fullness.
It's a USB-C wired IEM so probably it's not really relevant to them. (oops even headfi has image size limit)
O1CN01BEdJFc2Kv6AU2NKxc_!!529618.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023 at 3:19 AM Post #71,443 of 99,781
Yeah, the change is minimal and stays way above the resonance peak, where the coupler is already inaccurate, so I decided to leave the calibration out.

If I were to appeal to authority, I would say Mr Super*Review does the same :dt880smile:

Fun fact, I bought the coupler because I wanted to develop my own EQ profiles. It was when I believe that with the power of EQ and apple dongle, I can match any kilobuck :dt880smile:
Another fun fact, we thought the same 🤣

Jan 20, 2023 at 3:48 AM Post #71,444 of 99,781
KZ hunting for them shiny IEMs, looking for the budget apocalypse.

Their latest offspring was a 10 dollar bullet style IEM I'm sure people will forget tomorrow.

Got a link?

I'm currently looking for a bullet style cheap replacement for my failed mh-750s.

Nvm, i see it. Open back will be dire for use out in public :/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back