The discovery thread!
Sep 29, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #60,391 of 99,294
and this one...

1632920343665.png

'antibiotic' ear tips :smile:... another 'oppoty' trend...

Sep 29, 2021 at 9:02 AM Post #60,392 of 99,294
Sep 29, 2021 at 6:33 PM Post #60,398 of 99,294
Good choice but im looking for a planar. Soundstage and imaging are not a priority for me so I think the timeless is gonna be my endgame for some time.
Mine showed up Monday. I've got about 20 hours on them and LOVE them. I spent approx $3K in the last 24 months chasing planar IEMs in pretty much every price bracket. To me the 7Hz Timeless is winner. Every planar I've had has improved through 150 hours of use (dare I say burn-in?). I swapped out the stock silicone tips which actually aren't bad and tried Azla Sednas and Tennmak Whirlwinds. Have settled on Tennmak Strong Foams. Isolation is great, theey are supremely comfortable, bass reaches a little lower without the typical foam muddiness and the highs are nice clean. Mids are full and a touch forward. I may be the dissenting voice in this thread but these 7Hz Timeless are deal of the decade as far as I'm concerned. But hey, we all have our preference and opinion. I'm happy, very happy with them.

Sep 29, 2021 at 6:47 PM Post #60,399 of 99,294
Mine showed up Monday. I've got about 20 hours on them and LOVE them. I spent approx $3K in the last 24 months chasing planar IEMs in pretty much every price bracket. To me the 7Hz Timeless is winner. Every planar I've had has improved through 150 hours of use (dare I say burn-in?). I swapped out the stock silicone tips which actually aren't bad and tried Azla Sednas and Tennmak Whirlwinds. Have settled on Tennmak Strong Foams. Isolation is great, theey are supremely comfortable, bass reaches a little lower without the typical foam muddiness and the highs are nice clean. Mids are full and a touch forward. I may be the dissenting voice in this thread but these 7Hz Timeless are deal of the decade as far as I'm concerned. But hey, we all have our preference and opinion. I'm happy, very happy with them.
I know you don't have them now but from memory how do you compare the Timeless with the EDP?

Sep 29, 2021 at 7:03 PM Post #60,400 of 99,294
Sep 30, 2021 at 12:03 AM Post #60,402 of 99,294
1632974527915.png

NEW SHOZY.
Shozy Ceres 1BA +1 Dynamic Driver 2Pin 0.78mm HiFi In-ear Earphone Audiophile IEMs

Note: Pls burn-in 100hrs.

Description

Small and light, but strength should not be underestimated

The ergonomic male model shape design is suitable for most people's ear canals, bringing almost no sense of comfort to wear.

Ten years of technology precipitation, classic tuning

Shozy engineers carefully adjusted it to achieve a precise balance between appearance, structure, and wear, bringing a classic vocal charm to a durable sound.

High-precision 3D printing process earphone cavity

This model has next-generation craftsmanship, precise internal structure. And has highly consistent, harmonious and natural hearing.

Passionate voice

The carefully selected panel design and tuning style fit the passionate sound attributes of this earphone.

Origin of the name

Ceres is the goddess of agriculture and harvest in Roman mythology. She sowed the seeds to the earth and bestowed the earth's rich products: trees, flowers, grains... Therefore, it also represents the passionate voice full of life tension of this earphone.

Specification
Model: Ceres
Driver: 9.2mm dynamic + ultra-high frequency balanced armature
Crossover design: 2-way crossover
Impedance: 19Ω@1kHz
Sensitivity: 100dB@1mW
Frequency response: 20-20000Hz
Sound insulation: -26dB
Connector: 2pin
Plug: 3.5mm

Sep 30, 2021 at 1:51 AM Post #60,404 of 99,294

NEW SHOZY.
Shozy Ceres 1BA +1 Dynamic Driver 2Pin 0.78mm HiFi In-ear Earphone Audiophile IEMs

Note: Pls burn-in 100hrs.

Description

Small and light, but strength should not be underestimated

The ergonomic male model shape design is suitable for most people's ear canals, bringing almost no sense of comfort to wear.

Ten years of technology precipitation, classic tuning

Shozy engineers carefully adjusted it to achieve a precise balance between appearance, structure, and wear, bringing a classic vocal charm to a durable sound.

High-precision 3D printing process earphone cavity

This model has next-generation craftsmanship, precise internal structure. And has highly consistent, harmonious and natural hearing.

Passionate voice

The carefully selected panel design and tuning style fit the passionate sound attributes of this earphone.

Origin of the name

Ceres is the goddess of agriculture and harvest in Roman mythology. She sowed the seeds to the earth and bestowed the earth's rich products: trees, flowers, grains... Therefore, it also represents the passionate voice full of life tension of this earphone.

Specification
Model: Ceres
Driver: 9.2mm dynamic + ultra-high frequency balanced armature
Crossover design: 2-way crossover
Impedance: 19Ω@1kHz
Sensitivity: 100dB@1mW
Frequency response: 20-20000Hz
Sound insulation: -26dB
Connector: 2pin
Plug: 3.5mm

I had a loaner set for this model. To be blunt, the Ceres are one of the worst sets I've listened to this year.

Shozy_Ceres.jpg

Very weird L shaped tuning. Big bloated bass, recessed mids and dark treble, but a spike around the 10ish kHz region. Blunted dynamics, poor microdetails and instrument separation and clarity. Above average soundstage, imaging and layering are the only redeeming parts of the tuning. BA timbre tops everything off. The mid bass bleed eats into the other frequencies and the tuning is really incoherent.

I burned them in for almost 100 hours, and at first I thought that I had received a defective pair. But the channels match well, and I've seen a few other reviewers and consumers who bought this set have similar impressions.

They look very nice though. But for the asking price of $180 USD, they are really overpriced, and the technicalities are no better than a sub $30 - 50 USD set. Generally hybrids beat single DD in technicalities at the budget segment, but the Ceres also lose to some single DD at the $100 region in technical performance.

TLDR: They look much better than they sound; hard pass unless you are a very treble sensitive person who likes an analoguish sound.

Sep 30, 2021 at 5:23 AM Post #60,405 of 99,294
The DAC/AMPs our world designed are better and better, with M1 Mini from PALAB Audio & PALAB Audio Taiwan 台灣 being simply excellent.

It is fairly rare to hear something so impressive from a newer company, but it managed to deliver everything I was looking for in a DAC/AMP, great driving power, Balanced 4.4mm output, Type-C input, optional Power input, Coaxial input, and MQA support!

This is an in-depth review with comparisons to the best DAC/AMPs out there, as we'll try to find out if M1 Mini is the right choice for you ~

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2021/09/palab-m1-mini-dac-amp-beats-the-chord-in-music.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back