The discovery thread!
Jul 24, 2021 at 11:10 PM Post #58,306 of 99,611
Geeks of the WOLD Unite !!
I'm not religious...apart from being bought up Catholic when I was a kid...
However when three items - randomly appear: A Menorah for a project / Two yellow Heart stickers !! (for bespoke presentation box projects) and they're are all delivered by different couriers (via Amazon/eBay/Penon).....& they all happen to land simultaneously: you tend to recognise that high end audiophile gods are at play..."Synchronicity" is occurring at overdrive levels bigtime !!....Is it Divine intervention manifesting in a cosmic revelation ???....Well I for one certainly got goosebumps!....and promptly popped in GK10....which opened up: another WOLD of goosebumps !! Om...Om :L3000:

Attachments

• IMG_0075.jpg
    IMG_0075.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0078.jpg
    IMG_0078.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0084.jpg
    IMG_0084.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0087.jpg
    IMG_0087.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 24, 2021 at 11:19 PM Post #58,307 of 99,611
Those bass cabinets are throbbing...they never bleed into the lower mid range etc...micro details...surprise you on a level I've never heard before...you're in a constant state of excitement - bewildered at what these beauties are pumping out!....do they need burn in?...about 33 mins is all !!..WOLD CLASS sonics that make your collection cry....as they adapt to any genre you throw at them: Jazz - no problem. Classical -easy peasy with authentic timbre...Electronica binaural soundscapes - next level ! Bass Resolution?...join the WOLD REVOLUTION !! Reggae / Rap / Dance Music / Rock...Female Vocals....all rendered astoundingly well....can I think of any more positive expletives ?? Yep...Outta This WOLD !!!
Fine, you finally broke my resolve and I have a set on order from Hifigo via Amazon. It's the considerably less attractive orange version, but I have long hair so nobody should see them anyway.

Jul 24, 2021 at 11:22 PM Post #58,308 of 99,611
Jul 24, 2021 at 11:24 PM Post #58,309 of 99,611
Cant wait of the first Poindexter to chime in saying they suck. It will happen.

I have a good idea who it will be too. Lol.
I've got my set on order, though I try to be understanding when giving my opinion on things, since everyone has different ears and different needs. I just hope they won't be so demanding that I will still be able to run them off my FiiO LC-BT2.

Jul 24, 2021 at 11:43 PM Post #58,311 of 99,611
You shouldn't have any issues running them for full sound.
Yay, that's exciting news. I hope they'll thoroughly unseat my modded CCA CKX as my default set.

Jul 25, 2021 at 12:03 AM Post #58,312 of 99,611
I think someone reported on the organization of a separate topic for GK10 and Penon animators or fans, call it what you want. Three messages of information, five pages of text .... You guys are trying too hard. And what in the beginning aroused interest, now only causes irritation. I'll wait until the topic returns to normal discussion, instead of the "Penon" temple or someone else.

And yes! Forgot to add. - This is, of course, "my subjective opinion." Does this expression seem to allow you to say anything? So much hype lately: MT1, CX31993, Monk Plus, Odyssey ... It's cheap rubbish guys. And it sounds the same. And this is my subjective opinion.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2021 at 12:07 AM Post #58,313 of 99,611
Regarding impedance on GK10, I'd be somewhat doubtful that the specs are entirely accurate. Using multiple drivers of different configurations and the needed x/o components to balance and match everything, it's amazing it could actually be that sensitive under load. I'm sure as it's a cheap item, the marketing wants to ensure that it'll sound good with low-output devices, ie. cell phones, and as some are reporting it sounds BETTER with more power (and without noise floor hiss), I don't think the stated impedance is anything to worry about.
When I get mine, I'll test it with v20/v60 and see how it triggers the quad dacs, as well as how it runs with Note9, dx160, and my studio components (rack includes impedance-matching input pots).

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2021 at 12:09 AM Post #58,314 of 99,611
Speaking of CCA. Don't know if there are any relations to the CCZ but yes folks I recently got their Plume. Not bad in the $200 range for earphones. I am sure you guys have already seen some impressions and reviews for them. New company out of China with some relations to KB EAR.

In any case. The housing on the Plume is large and blingy. I suppose if you color anything gold they are gonna be blingy. The hybrid here utilizes 4 BAs and a dynamic doing bass. Sound is balanced well enough up until you get to the bass end. Coherence suffers due to the bigger brawny bass and BAs mids and treble which ends up having a different tone and timbre altogether not sounding as coherent as I would have liked. Certainly not a bad sound but coming from the GK10 which has a supreme fluid coherency from the bass all the way through to the upper mids. This was the area that pretty much jumped out at me.

DSC08362.JPG

In any case. I do like their stage and has good imaging and detail associated with a larger housing and using BAs. It wont be a while till I get to my write up on the CCZ Plume so will be burning them in till then.

Even though the shells are large they have a good ergonomic shape and they certainly fit better than something like the Blessing 2 for my ears. But you can see the size difference here between the Reecho Spring and the Plume

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2021 at 1:01 AM Post #58,318 of 99,611
Hey guys! I got my first patron! The name of the patron somewhat makes me wonder if it's a troll account haha....but I hope it's someone who is sincere and just has a sense of humor in their username :)

(for sake of privacy, I wouldn't reveal it unless it can already be seen on the supporters page)

Anyway, I'm super pumped to see the support on there and I feel invigorated to make more videos and try even harder! Just had to share the excitement!

Jul 25, 2021 at 1:32 AM Post #58,320 of 99,611
This song is dedicated to the Geekworld IEM!

This is great. Pretty much personifies the slightly quirky aesthetic of GK10.

Three messages of information, five pages of text .... You guys are trying too hard. And what in the beginning aroused interest, now only causes irritation. I'll wait until the topic returns to normal discussion, instead of the "Penon" temple or someone else.

Also, it's interesting to see this sort of skepticism. If you're referring to the GK10 thread, I made it to express an ethusiasm for this IEM and free up, to some degree, conversation in this thread. Now, I know there's not many opinions of the GK10 out there at the moment, nor in the thread itself, but those will come with time, just have some patience.

If excited enjoyment irritates you, please don't go out of your way to check the thread. I've tried to be objective with my review. I'm not part of any Penon temple and it's certainly not 'cheap rubbish'.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back