The discovery thread!
Jun 3, 2021 at 5:06 AM Post #56,866 of 60,538

Drago20Love

New Head-Fier
These things happen, especially when it's an OEM selling their product direct instead of shelling it for another brand. At least you know it'll be fresh stock and not something they've had kicking around for months. Every cloud and all. Luckily it's only a week's delay in shipment. Some more established companies have had worse delays due to stock/labor shortages. 2020/2021 has been hard on all of us.
Yeah it does feels nice to hear that it is going to be fresh stock, and I didn't know that about other companies taking longer and that makes me feel better, anyway, we'll keep you guys updated on the sound once they arrive!

Jun 3, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #56,867 of 60,538

audio123

Reviewer at audio123
Just finished my review on the HiBy R6 2020. I must say this is a really enjoyable DAP. Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

HiBy R6 2020 Review

photo_2021-06-01_20-15-49.jpg

@Dcell7 I will try it soon. Cheers.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #56,869 of 60,538

RikudouGoku

Headphoneus Supremus
Jun 3, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #56,872 of 60,538

NymPHONOmaniac

Headphoneus Supremus
Pretty sure i'm not the first to ''discover'' the AUNE JASPER, but it sincerely take me by surprise with both it harman'ish balanced tonality and weighty, sparkly, holographic technicalities!
This is the type of IEM that waken up my jaded audiophilia.

Give a look to my review if you care....this is the very first IEM release from Aune and it's far from amateurish sounding!
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/aune-jasper.25194/reviews#review-25992

Jun 3, 2021 at 11:46 PM Post #56,873 of 60,538

NymPHONOmaniac

Headphoneus Supremus
what wait...you guys didnt know about last offering BLON?

OK...im out. Discoveries are somewhere else i guess.

BLA8 Prometheus on my way since a week.

Geekfly lol...ok. Sorry for sharing Jasper review it doenst belong here!

Jun 3, 2021 at 11:51 PM Post #56,874 of 60,538

Ace Bee

1000+ Head-Fier
what wait...you guys didnt know about last offering BLON?

OK...im out. Discoveries are somewhere else i guess.

BLA8 Prometheus on my way since a week.

Geekfly lol...ok. Sorry for sharing Jasper review it doenst belong here!
Hey, I, for one, was looking for a review of Jasper. I very much appreciate that you posted here. I can see you have the T800 also...how do they compare, may I know?

Jun 4, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #56,875 of 60,538

NymPHONOmaniac

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey, I, for one, was looking for a review of Jasper. I very much appreciate that you posted here. I can see you have the T800 also...how do they compare, may I know?
Its because im limited in ''my'' sub-100$ iem thread. So i wanna share my beloved ''discoveries''. (no graph included to impress the crownd unfortunatey, but it can be found easily...aka CRIN!)

Didnt do intense direct comparison between those 2, due to DD aspect.

I adore both.

But T800 is more W shape bassy fun, less smooth, cohesive and natural in timbre. Its more textured in timbre, rich in details-nuances, ''agressive'' in upper mids and treble. Both have holographic imaging, but T800 is more saturated and less open-airy. Bass is more boosted and thigh-thumpy with T800, with less natural extension-decay. Everything ismore energic with T800, but less balanced than Jasper. Jasper have more sparkle cause BA struggle to deliver that. Overall technicalities goes to T800 in term of speed and sound info, but musicality goes to Jasper, its more laid back yet always engaging and immersive. As well, its not as capricious as Audiosense T800 in term of pairing (impedance) and eartips fit.

If you want more analytical yet fun near basshead fun ,go for T800, if your all about tonality cohesion, natural timbre and soundstage, go Jasper.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2021 at 12:24 AM Post #56,876 of 60,538

Ace Bee

1000+ Head-Fier
Its because im limited in ''my'' sub-100$ iem thread. So i wanna share my beloved ''discoveries''. (no graph included to impress the crownd unfortunatey, but it can be found easily...aka CRIN!)

Didnt do intense direct comparison between those 2, due to DD aspect.

I adore both.

But T800 is more W shape bassy fun, less smooth, cohesive and natural in timbre. Its more textured in timbre, rich in details-nuances, ''agressive'' in upper mids and treble. Both have holographic imaging, but T800 is more saturated and less open-airy. Bass is more boosted and thigh-thumpy with T800, with less natural extension-decay. Everything ismore energic with T800, but less balanced than Jasper. Jasper have more sparkle cause BA struggle to deliver that. Overall technicalities goes to T800 in term of speed and sound info, but musicality goes to Jasper, its more laid back yet always engaging and immersive. As well, its not as capricious as Audiosense T800 in term of pairing (impedance) and eartips fit.

If you want more analytical yet fun near basshead fun ,go for T800, if your all about tonality cohesion, natural timbre and soundstage, go Jasper.
I have auditioned T800 extensively, and my impression matches with you to the very last letter! But I have to say, T800 bass is the second best natural BA bass I have heard. First was UM Mirage. 3rd is Cusom Art FIBAE3. Even though VE EVE20 had a more boosted bass punch, it was not as natural as these 3. Even though T800 bass has a slightly fast decay, the extension I found to be pretty good and very very close to DD.

I already have UM 3DT, so I may not go for Jasper...but I'd definitely like to hear it once. It's available locally also.

By the way, I would like to suggest you to try the AAW A3H+. It's quite, and I mean, quite good for the price. Under $200 I am yet to hear a better iem.

Jun 4, 2021 at 7:12 AM Post #56,878 of 60,538

NymPHONOmaniac

Headphoneus Supremus
I have auditioned T800 extensively, and my impression matches with you to the very last letter! But I have to say, T800 bass is the second best natural BA bass I have heard. First was UM Mirage. 3rd is Cusom Art FIBAE3. Even though VE EVE20 had a more boosted bass punch, it was not as natural as these 3. Even though T800 bass has a slightly fast decay, the extension I found to be pretty good and very very close to DD.

I already have UM 3DT, so I may not go for Jasper...but I'd definitely like to hear it once. It's available locally also.

By the way, I would like to suggest you to try the AAW A3H+. It's quite, and I mean, quite good for the price. Under $200 I am yet to hear a better iem.
Wow tx for the rec, indeed it seem some next level Hybrid for the price. I like graphene driver i heard (mostly in earbuds) it have this special texture to its timbre and good speed it seem. When i read detailed acoustic properties and design of an IEM, i know most of the time we are into serious audiophile territories unlike lot of chifi amateurish tuning that just throw more an more BA in until our ears or brain explode. I do think singleDD-BA hybrid still ahve tremendous potential with how BA tech evolve. THAT might be a discovery i wanna make! You seem to got taste mate!

DOnt get me wrong, indeed, its at least the more weighty dynamic dd like bass I ever heard from a multi BA, which include overatted Andromeda, 64audio Nio, Fiio FA9...it have a luscious weighty slam, electronic music is sooooo great with the T800 cant have enougn. What ear tips do you use? Thats bigegst flaw for me, it need perfect placement and ear tips to have open imaging-soundstage. I think T800 got inaccurate impressions cause of this caprice. I find very wide bore ear tips the best for multi-BA iem, cause unlike DD, they dont need nozzle tube resonance to extend bass IMO

Jun 4, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #56,879 of 60,538

kmmbd

500+ Head-Fier
Dunu teases a new open-back (?) IEM. Looks very interesting.

1622826156096.png

Users who are viewing this thread