The discovery thread!
Apr 27, 2021 at 10:05 PM Post #56,191 of 99,799
It has a planar driver I think.. will burn it in for few days and re-assess.

I just tried some Rock, Pop and EDM with Bravado and wow! probably cleanest sounding bass I’ve ever heard in IEM
It’s quite a departure from the MK1 version of the Bravado which had a much slower bass and only a single BA so you can imagine the relative less coherence and wooly bass. I still enjoyed it but it was much less versatile than this version. For so much bass it really starts and stops on a dime. Lots of fun.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #56,192 of 99,799
Screenshot_20210425_081233_com.twitter.android.jpg

Apr 28, 2021 at 1:13 AM Post #56,195 of 99,799
Apr 28, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #56,196 of 99,799
One thing I can observe from the IT0X shells it looks like a trickle down more compact design from the IT07 shells shape. These are less bulky in the ears vs the previous gen Ibasso earphones for much better fit and comfort but make up for a compact design with a bigger back end. So that means they can place the driver farther back in the shell not to mention have plenty of breathing room for dynamic drivers. It should have a large wide stage like all IBasso earphones and I am gonna guess but it should have better balancing vs the previous intro level Ibassos. It wouldnt surprise me if they tuned it a bit like their IT07 as well with strong sub bass performance, should be a good one.

It also wouldnt surprise me if these compete with earphones double their price.

Apr 28, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #56,197 of 99,799
Apr 28, 2021 at 3:01 PM Post #56,198 of 99,799
How is it compared to Penon Fan?

Bass goes to Fan
Treble to it01x, albeit presentation wise, Fan is raw, 01x is cleaner
The clincher, Mids: Fan - fluid, fuller, 01x neutral compared to fan - both organic sounding
Soundfield, more or less the same.
kindly note that the Fans won't sing in less than 400mw power output. it loves power, high output power, it01x @ 16 ohms only, ie. smartphone friendly
Tracks used:
Fuel to Fire - A.Obel
Climbatize - Prodigy

Apr 28, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #56,199 of 99,799
One thing I can observe from the IT0X shells it looks like a trickle down more compact design from the IT07 shells shape. These are less bulky in the ears vs the previous gen Ibasso earphones for much better fit and comfort but make up for a compact design with a bigger back end. So that means they can place the driver farther back in the shell not to mention have plenty of breathing room for dynamic drivers. It should have a large wide stage like all IBasso earphones and I am gonna guess but it should have better balancing vs the previous intro level Ibassos. It wouldnt surprise me if they tuned it a bit like their IT07 as well with strong sub bass performance, should be a good one.

It also wouldnt surprise me if these compete with earphones double their price.
From it00, the stage is unbelievably wide, a little more so on the it01s, x

Something to that effect, yes...
1619636823808.png

Apr 28, 2021 at 9:44 PM Post #56,200 of 99,799
1591EC5E-BE83-458C-B6CB-661E623CDA19.jpeg

C37C18AC-1A9F-48D4-AD94-CFAF591ADA2B.jpeg

PMV PP

My initial impression was pretty lukewarm yesterday as I was coming from the Bravado MKII with a clean U shape sound signature.
Today, I started listening to the PMV PP with a fresh set of ears to gauge how it fares against the competition by playing classical and jazz music from the high resolution sound source. tl;dr: The overall sound is on the warm side and fairly smooth. Bass is strong and punchy, albeit lacking some control. Low-end extension is surprisingly good for a sub $200 earphone. Treble extension could be better and the midrange is obscured slightly by the bass and a bit of muddiness.

At first glance, I hear the warm, dark and dense sound, in another words it sounds bit cloudy and veiled. PMV PP is supposedly using 2 microns film like the iSine series, but man this driver feels ever sluggish. Due to this transient behavior, it's neither the most transparent nor the open sounding IEM, but yeah I can say tonality wise, it is passable for a planar driver as the iSine 10, 20 and even the i4 all needed a heavy DSP to fix their wonky tonalities.

There is no complaint on the low frequency side. In fact, in the acoustic music, the bass drums and other instruments on the bass side reproduce the atmosphere of the bass richly with good impact and extension. However bass timbre is a bit on a warm and fuzzy side and it smears into the lower midrange.

Mids as a whole exhibits not a bad tonal balance, except for few quirks: the PMV PP has some of the most plasticky midrange timbre I’ve ever heard and the bizarre muffling and distant presentation completely guts resolution as well as all around technical ability.

It gets even worse as we move up to the upper midrange and treble region as they are notably uneven, and lacks treble energy and sparkle to offset the overall darkness.

Compared to the NF Audio NM2+:
The strengths of the NM2+ are clarity and bass control. On both counts it is ahead of the PMV PP, which is tuned for a warmer and more bass-heavy sound. The NM2+ is more balanced on the whole, largely thanks to its tighter, less emphasized low end and more pronounced ear gains. The NM2+'s sound is thinner overall, and the brighter treble is more prone to harshness and sibilance than that of the PMV PP's, but this brighter (vs dark and warm) signature works better with my music library. Timbre, dynamics and imaging are all noticeably better on the NM2+ as well.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2021 at 5:06 AM Post #56,201 of 99,799
Just ordered with £40 discount at Amazon: Aiderlot M5 (5 Knowles BA) £130 total. Impressions as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2021 at 5:27 AM Post #56,203 of 99,799
Just ordered with £40 discount at Amazon: Alderlot M5 (5 Knowles BA) £130 total. Impressions as soon as possible.
DF neutral, kinda like a mini oxygen.

Aiderlot M5 treble.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back